Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

DnB only Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so i'm usually a Rock/Metal kinda guy but the other day was in a friends car and he was playing Sub Focus, thought it was ok so downloaded the album. Listened to it a bit more and really enjoyed it, now have just heard of another called B-Complex and really enjoying it. So i'm now getting into Drum N Bass. Never thought ina million years it would be my kind of music but am quite enjoying it....there is more music in the world other than Rock and Metal it seems. :D

Edited by MikeyT

Been listening to DnB since I was 13/14, I'm nearing 17 now.

I love all the non commercial stuff, don't really like any of the new Pendulum stuff.

If you want good DnB, here are a few users on youtube, they are my personal favourite and I guarantee you will love plenty of their songs.

DnBrevolution, UKFDrumandBass, SKANKANDBASS, Liquicity.

For anyone that is into Dubstep, like I used to be, try out UKFDubstep, some good tunes on there, but it got all boring and samey samey if you get me.

Enjoy the songs, let me know what you think of the users I posted, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see a Drum & Bass thread with some decent music being posted in it!

Usually just plastered with 'Pendulum are great' - D&B is a passion for me, I promote it, produce it and play it daily, some great tracks posted up - B Complex tune above is quality.

Also worth checking out anything by D:Bridge and Instra:Mental (Autonomic / Darkestral stuff) the new bits by Lenzman are amazing (Open Page ft.Riya) and well worth checking the latest bits and pieces from Shogun Audio.

All that said and done, i might as well promote myself here too :beer:

I produce under the name Digital Culture and also part of a collaboration project called 'Stealth Tactics' follow the links to all my music below....

www.soundcloud.com/digital-culture-music

www.facebook.com/digtal-culture-music

Aim- DigCulMusic

Up the city! :chant:

• 2 weeks later...

^^^ LTJ Bukem - Music

Pretty much where it all started for me. Bought Logical Progression in 1997 without really knowing anything about drum n bass and have not looked back since. Probably THE album of the genre. Absolute classic and still makes the spine tingle to this day.

They've got a few tunes being played out at the moment but not sure if they've been released yet. Think there signed to 31records could be wrong though.

Pretty sure they are concentrating on making mainly minimal techno or something along those lines under a different guise.

Call to mind was remixed by various artists including burial and being released as re-call to mind but not a fan to be honest, although the d-bridge remix of Belleview is quality. Link :

Asked my mate what he's listening to as he's more up to date than I am at the minute. Here's his answer, should be plenty there to get stuck in to, he has taste (the last link is a mate of ours who mixes a lot of soulful dnb, very good stuff).

Still listen to the ususalsuspects : dbridge, instramental, spectrasoul, calibre, intallex, lenzman. Labelwise, exit/autonomic, shogun audio, metalheadz, hospital, random movement all do decent podcasts, also couple of manchester guys: scub...a, indigo,

favorite track at the moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcpmtHNyF1I

Most listen too over last few weeks:

http://dnbshare.com/download/Youngstab2bIcicle150710.mp3.html

http://dnbshare.com/download/MinistryofSound_ShogunAudioD_BShow_2010_08_16_qrip.mp3.html.

These are really good sets to, different dj every week

Just In today! and I have not listen to yet - I NEED to go to this festival. -

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?107106-SUN-AND-BASS-2010-SOULUTION-SESSIONS-MARCUS-INTALEX-SPY-CALIBRE-PRESHA

And last but not least http://soundcloud.com/sirreal

^^^ LTJ Bukem - Music

Probably THE album of the genre.

Get a grip! Black Secret Technology by A Guy Called Gerald, the first and only D 'n' B in my book. Make sure you get the first UK issue not the US 'commercial' editions that followed. If you cant find it then let me know :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

The Breakage album Foundation is well worth a listen. Moody dubstep and dnb, quite a refreshingly varied selection.

I've been meaning to listen to this for a while, thanks for the reminder. I find Breakage very hit and miss. He's written some absolute stompers and then some minimal stuff which I just don't get at all. Definitely a very versatile producer nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see a Drum & Bass thread with some decent music being posted in it!

Usually just plastered with 'Pendulum are great' - D&B is a passion for me, I promote it, produce it and play it daily, some great tracks posted up - B Complex tune above is quality.

Also worth checking out anything by D:Bridge and Instra:Mental (Autonomic / Darkestral stuff) the new bits by Lenzman are amazing (Open Page ft.Riya) and well worth checking the latest bits and pieces from Shogun Audio.

All that said and done, i might as well promote myself here too :beer:

I produce under the name Digital Culture and also part of a collaboration project called 'Stealth Tactics' follow the links to all my music below....

www.soundcloud.com/digital-culture-music

www.facebook.com/digtal-culture-music

Aim- DigCulMusic

Up the city! :chant:

Anyone checked? Would like your feedback on what I'm producing :)

Anyone checked? Would like your feedback on what I'm producing :)

I'll check them out one day soon. I've got a big playlist on the go at the moment so can't do it yet. I'm not a very good reviewer though so probably won't be much help.

I've been trying to find a tune that I used to get busy to when I used to go ravin and I can't remember the name! It would have been about '95 I think and had some female vocal in the intro : "Whose body, your body, I can rock a party like nobody", or something like that. I would love it if someone can tell me the name of that so I can reminisce.

I'll check them out one day soon. I've got a big playlist on the go at the moment so can't do it yet. I'm not a very good reviewer though so probably won't be much help.

I've been trying to find a tune that I used to get busy to when I used to go ravin and I can't remember the name! It would have been about '95 I think and had some female vocal in the intro : "Whose body, your body, I can rock a party like nobody", or something like that. I would love it if someone can tell me the name of that so I can reminisce.

Ok, thanks.

here's your tune...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rTALbTRrIU

Edited by koop.

Ok, thanks.

here's your tune...

I've listened to the 5 tunes on that soundcloud page and I'm impressed. I got a nice buzz off them all and went way deep on 'Before It Begins'! I like the bits of sax on 'Stay' aswell. Can't remember too much to say overall but that's the tweed. Anyways, I know that they did the trick and I'll be having another listen one night soon :thumbup: That Perez tune in your favourites is sh*t-hot aswell.

Cheers for the tune id, can't believe I didn't think of MC Lyte when I wrote the lyric bit and just put 'some female'. Talk about missing the obvious :doh:

• 2 weeks later...