Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tevez

Hinckley United Folding?

This Saturday's fixture v Stalybridge Celtic away is looking like it will be Hinckley United FC's last. On Wednesday of next week failure to pay HMRC will result in the club being wound up. The Downes crumbling empire will also have repercussions for Hinckley Downes F.C. The amount of debt accrued by F.E. Downes Ltd, F.E. Downes Holdings and Hinckley United FC will see to that. Sketchley Grange owned by FE Downes holdings is also to be wound up by guess who ???? HMRC !!!!

Leicester Non League

Can anyone clarify? DJhinckley?

Leicester Non League

Can anyone clarify? DJhinckley?

They've been skating on thin ice well before the recent cold spell, allegedly there's hardly anyone associated with the club and probably the greater population of Hinckley (joke) that the Downes family doesn't own money to.

Would be a real shame if true.

Everybody I've heard from says Hinckley are a nice little club with a pretty good set-up, and I'd love for there to be another Leicestershire club doing well in the league system. Hope they can pull themselves out of the crap.

Hmmmm interesting Mr Downes i.e 'Mr Hinckley' going bust.

Tbh not surprise Sketchley Grange is going bust either, So expensive there, they were extending the Hotel, but building work has just seemed to come to standstill, I did wonder why thought they'd perhaps been put on another job - As it was Mr Downes' empire and work from a client would obviously be more important but this explains it abit.

Don't the Away Teams that are playing Leicester stop at Sketchley Grange aswell, so people have told me before.

Thought about asking Downes for a job aswell.

Well atleast it adds to the banter towards my Hinckley mates - When £4 Millions just 'vanashed' from the Nuneaton Borough accounts, and resulted in them going into Administration, changing their names to Nuneaton Town, and being demoted 3 or 4 division's they laughed, looks like what goes around comes around.

:sweating:

I've been rumbled.

I wouldn't want Derby to go out of business, I just find their mild financial peril fairly amusing is all. The only club I'd genuinely love to see go bust are MK ******.

I'd quite like to see a certain team down the road fall into financial difficulty to burst their staggeringly arrogant bubble as well. Derby are in no danger of going bust, but having the opportunity to sing Derby's Going Down with a Fiver in the Bank at Pride Park amuses me greatly.

As for the ******, I can see the events that JME mentioned happening before very long. A few years of mediocrity in League One followed by relegation leading to their part-time fans abandoning them for the Big Four again and the club run out of money. 2014 is the date pencilled in, the 10th anniversary of the most shameful episode in the FA's history. (God, I love irony)

We've owed a bit to the tax man for over a year or so. by 'a bit' i mean £200K >_<

the club have been trying various avenues to raise the money for the past year, but bank deals keep falling through or they want extortionate repayment rates etc. the courts have seen proof that we've been trying to raise the money owed and the HMRC have been happy for us to continue to try to pay the debt and so we have thus far received 4 adjournments of the winding up petition to do so. we are now on our last adjournment and before christmas were given our final date of 27th january to pay the money owed.

despite our chairman's building company also being wound up, he has said the money will be paid, going on record in the local press saying him and his father (our club president) would raise the money if neccessary by cashing in life insurance policies etc. however ultimately it is their fault it was not paid in the first place.

obviously if paid the debt would not be cleared, just moved to a different source, and we would still take a few years getting back onto an even keel.

whether or not the chairman will pay the money will obviously be revealed next week.

point of order to Matt, not many Hinckley fans laughed at Nuneaton as normal football fans don't like to see this happen to any team. Nuneaton went under for a £2 million debt built up over about the last 30 years, and once into liquidation only dropped the minimum two leagues, as per the rules on reformed clubs.

I'd quite like to see a certain team down the road fall into financial difficulty to burst their staggeringly arrogant bubble as well. Derby are in no danger of going bust, but having the opportunity to sing Derby's Going Down with a Fiver in the Bank at Pride Park amuses me greatly.

As for the ******, I can see the events that JME mentioned happening before very long. A few years of mediocrity in League One followed by relegation leading to their part-time fans abandoning them for the Big Four again and the club run out of money. 2014 is the date pencilled in, the 10th anniversary of the most shameful episode in the FA's history. (God, I love irony)

Oh how I dearly hope this comes about.

If and when it happens, I will pay for the first 5 people I see to have a night out. I can't forking wait.

As for the ******, I can see the events that JME mentioned happening before very long. A few years of mediocrity in League One followed by relegation leading to their part-time fans abandoning them for the Big Four again and the club run out of money.

The only way that will happen is if W*nkelman catches a bullet.. :(

:sweating:

I've been rumbled.

I wouldn't want Derby to go out of business, I just find their mild financial peril fairly amusing is all. The only club I'd genuinely love to see go bust are MK ******.

similarly. I would have quite liked to see manure and Chelski go bust but now Manure are apparently in the financial shitter im feeling sorry for them (which is really annoying me). No matter what though MK have got to go bust eventually.

A Leicestershire football club has avoided being wound up after promising to pay a tax bill within two weeks.

Officials from Hinckley United were in the Companies Court in London to face demands from HM Revenue and Customs that it should be put out of business.

After a series of warnings last year, it was given until the end of January to meet the £191,000 bill.

But after hearing a remortgaging deal was imminent, the court set a new deadline of 10 February.

The Conference North side has faced financial problems in the past, with a transfer embargo put on the club in November 2008 which was only lifted when loans were taken against its training facilities.

But falling sponsorship and advertising revenues, as well as a drop in attendances, have seen problems return - with players wages cut by 25%.

If the club does not meet the next deadline and the winding up petition is granted, it will be placed in administration and could cease to exist.

A Leicestershire football club has avoided being wound up after promising to pay a tax bill within two weeks.

Officials from Hinckley United were in the Companies Court in London to face demands from HM Revenue and Customs that it should be put out of business.

After a series of warnings last year, it was given until the end of January to meet the £191,000 bill.

But after hearing a remortgaging deal was imminent, the court set a new deadline of 10 February.

The Conference North side has faced financial problems in the past, with a transfer embargo put on the club in November 2008 which was only lifted when loans were taken against its training facilities.

But falling sponsorship and advertising revenues, as well as a drop in attendances, have seen problems return - with players wages cut by 25%.

If the club does not meet the next deadline and the winding up petition is granted, it will be placed in administration and could cease to exist.

I presume that's from the Mercury? Not surprising as there's so many things wrong in it. <_<

Anyway, in short, the club were given an extra two weeks extension by the court on wednesday, as money to pay the bill had not been transferred by the bank into the correct account by the court deadline of 10.30am. Money was cleared by the afternoon and HMRC paid. Today the football club officially announced that HMRC were satisfied the debt had been paid in full.

I presume that's from the Mercury? Not surprising as there's so many things wrong in it. <_<

Anyway, in short, the club were given an extra two weeks extension by the court on wednesday, as money to pay the bill had not been transferred by the bank into the correct account by the court deadline of 10.30am. Money was cleared by the afternoon and HMRC paid. Today the football club officially announced that HMRC were satisfied the debt had been paid in full.

Trouble is, HMRC are not the only ones owed money and there's nothing to stop others taking similar action in pursuit of a debt.

I work with Nick Plateneur (HUFC Assistant-manager and erstwhile City defender), but he's been away on holiday for the past 2 weeks, otherwise I might be able to enlighten you further.

Hope they pull through though. Myself, if I were a billionaire, this is the kind of club I'd like to buy - rather than your premiership teams - and try and get them at least, realistically, into League One. Any idiot can pump money into Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, et al.

Archived