Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

These are the most cryptic clues ever!

Clue 5: 'TBA from NL'

Apparently Clue 3 means Bellowhead (Not Arcade Fire)

And that last clue is i think a band with the initials TBA from North London (or the Netherlands)

Could be To Be Arranged :whistle:. Maybe they're looking for a band from NL and still haven't decided yet :unsure: .

What is Summer Sundae, anyway?

The guy I was on about is in Wolf Gang but he's nothing like those in my sig haha Frank Ocean is actually an RnB singer. But he's way too smalltime to headline any festival, anywhere ha

Not neccisarily headliners these are just bands on the bill. But itll be mostly indie and folk bands with a few token pop acts thrown in. I think Tinchy played last year.

Could be To Be Arranged :whistle:. Maybe they're looking for a band from NL and still haven't decided yet :unsure: .

What is Summer Sundae, anyway?

Its a festival in August in Victoria Park/De Montfort Hall.

Posted by the SSW staff:

Clue 2 remains unsolved!

Clue #1: 'R&B man from under the sea'

Hint: '‎...think 1970's UK Rhythm and Blues!'

Clue #2: 'Two bands to be announced, one is half of the other?'

Clue #3: 'Make fire with master'

Hint: 'There's a lot of Folk in this band'

Clue #4: 'A former leader of deities'

Clue #5: 'TBA from NL'

Hint: They are from Groningen, NL.

So clue 1 is actually gonna be Billy Ocean!

Clue 3 is definately Bellowhead

Clue 4 is almost certainly John Grant

Clue 5 is definately The Black Atlantic

Far less enthused now after knowing this. Will wait for the actual announcement at half 8 tomorrow morning till i pass judgement.

Was bang up for Benicassim but in South Africa at the time of it, will probably get involved in Creamfields really don't think I could be doing with Leeds/Reading/V and the like

Yeah Creamfields is also looking likely for me. Gonna go mix it with the diseased scouse pillheads ;)

Got a V ticket too, not decided what I'm gonna do with that yet.

Summer Sundae is very disappointing so far

Line up so far

Initial lineup is ALWAYS ballbags. The year i went (2007) the only headliner announced was Gomez and then Belle and Sebastian and Elbow were announced afterwards.

Have faith!

Plus The Maccabees, Graham Coxon and Little Comets are top notch as is!

• 2 weeks later...

Was contemplating Reading/Leeds if I could get some mates to come but fook it with that line-up, you'd struggle to get me to pay almost all of the acts so far.

Anyone been beach break before? Couple of my mates wanna do that and I'm not sure.

Acts haven't impressed me that much but just wondering what the general experience of it was like?

That's a decent enough Leeds line up for sure.

Looking seriously at Benicassim, how much did it cost any of you in terms of flights and stuff?

Cost me, Joe. and Tilley about £150 for flights and £150 for tickets.

Those are rough figures though, may well have changed since, think I paid more than them pair and only booked abround a month or so after. Fly out on the 12th July from East Midlands to Valencia, festival starts on the 14th and finishes on the 17th. Flights back on the 19th.

Really isn't too bad considering it's virtually a holiday included in the whole package.

Can't fucking wait for Friendly Fires.

Edited by Michael The Work Geordie

Was contemplating Reading/Leeds if I could get some mates to come but fook it with that line-up, you'd struggle to get me to pay almost all of the acts so far.

Anyone been beach break before? Couple of my mates wanna do that and I'm not sure.

Acts haven't impressed me that much but just wondering what the general experience of it was like?

I've looked at that a couple of times. Looks like it'd be a laugh but the line ups pants every year.