Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ACF

Gran Turismo 5.

• 3 weeks later...

£50 is a lot of monies! I know it might be one of the best games ever but its still a lot to fork out, especially given the games "season" we're in with all the big releases coming in during the lead up to Xmas!

Morrisons will be selling it for £37.99. I know that because I work there :).

I'm seriously tempted to buy a PS3 just for this game. I love the Gran Turismo series! Don't know whether or not to get a 160 gb from Sainsbury's and buy the game seperate or get a 320 gb console with the collectors edition of the game from Play.com. Or I could wait and see the deals tomorrow. Or I could just save my money. Decisions, decisions!

Morrisons will be selling it for £37.99. I know that because I work there :).

I'm seriously tempted to buy a PS3 just for this game. I love the Gran Turismo series! Don't know whether or not to get a 160 gb from Sainsbury's and buy the game seperate or get a 320 gb console with the collectors edition of the game from Play.com. Or I could wait and see the deals tomorrow. Or I could just save my money. Decisions, decisions!

I've thought about that as well, but spending £300 for something that I'll only use for a few games isn't something I'm prepared to do. The game is very good yes, but if I want to race I'll just stick with Forza 3, not as good, but its good enough.

Caved in and got it from Gamestation this morning. They do a price match with Tesco (£ 35.90) but I had some trade ins and some store credit so only had to pay £12 (prefer not to think about the losses on trade ins).

Now just got to sit at work all day, then take my son to a birthday party before I can unleash it tonight!

I hope to find out later, it's installing now. Once the boy is bathed and in bed, I shall have a blast. From what I've seen it's not revolutionary in any way, just bigger. If you liked the previous ones, you'll like this. But I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Right ..... I went out and purchased this earlier today. £39.99, which I've no gripes over in the end, looks decent and I'm sick of seeing everyone on my friends list playing this and I do not one to be the black sheep of the family without it.

Firstly ...... Download version 1.02 .... 5 minutes, cool they've fixed a few bugs. :thumbup:

Secondly ..... I opted to install, no big issues over this, all PC games are installed, allowing them to run better, this took 42 minutes. :thumbup:

Finally sat down to play the game, played a few races with a 100% win race, very impressive graphics, not sure about the damage system but heah, I can't have everything. After pimping out a battered motor car I get awarded a nice yellow go kart.

So with my nice new yellow go kart, I've opted to participate in my first specials race. Okay I'm not so go and this and end of spinning ..... then, this really, really, really upset me ...... THE F**CKING GAME FREEZES!! :protest::banghead::protest:

Somewhat annoyed, I think, no worries, take a chill pill, maybe it's a one of glitch, do some reading, a bug on release day re being online, no worries, pull myself offline and try again ...... THE F**CKING THING FREEZES AGAIN!! :protest::banghead::protest:

Now, somewhat slightly miffed, I opt try again, incidently I've now got the hang of this gokarting merlarkey and I'm winning approaching the last corner ..... THE B@STARD, W@NKING, STUPID F**CKING THING, ONCE AGAIN FREEZES!! :protest::banghead::protest:

Now, really, really, angry, I attribute it down to now what I have deemed the stupid go-karting race, with the poxy little yellow gokart being heavily glitched. I've decided to try another race, which subsequently crashed YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET again! Kinda getting bored with this monkey crap now, I decided to do a quick wipe and reinstall of the PS3 system, which meant I had to reinstall the install data and game update *sigh*

So now overjoyed, the game seems to be running smothly, I've done a few races and POW .... FREEZE but we'll tease you with the sound of humming engines and music .... great!!

I'm in the midst of a full format and reinstall of the PS3 just incase something is majorly corrupt, only another 6 odd ours to go. I'm attributing all blame to GT5 for breaking my PS3.

I don't want to install this on my older PS3 as I fear it's already broken my new PS3 slim!

That's bad. Not had any problems myself so far although I've not had a chance to play it much so far. May have a go later on; let you know if I have any problems

I left it alone and picked up FM2011 for a few hours.

Archived