Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ACF

Gran Turismo 5.

Considering GT3 had more depth than Forza 3, unless they've managed to fuck it up completely GT5 will be far superior.

Maybe they have...

Computer and Video Games: Too much of GT5 relies on past glories, building on the success of the series without shaking free of the design quirks that are holding the series back. High expectations are justified when a game has been in development so long and GT5 has more than a faint whiff of disappointment about it. 80%

Considering GT3 had more depth than Forza 3, unless they've managed to fuck it up completely GT5 will be far superior.

Not really, it just had a few more cars.

Forza 3 had more tracks, better graphics, more custimization on apperance and setup, better physics, levelling system, car damage, use of petrol, use of clutch, online mode for online play trading of cars and downloadable cars, more races in the career, more versatile races. I've had this discussion with someonelse on here I am sure, Forza 3 is vastly superior to GT3 or 4 as was Forza 2.

The only thing I missed from GT 3 were the rallys and previously mentioned bed loads of cars.

GT 5 admittidly should be loads better than Forza 3 but given the amount of time GT5 has been in development and the fact that Forza 3 has been out for 15 months you'd be quite concerned it if wasn't.

Forza 3 had more tracks, better graphics, more custimization on apperance and setup, better physics, levelling system, car damage, use of petrol, use of clutch, online mode for online play trading of cars and downloadable cars, more races in the career, more versatile races. I've had this discussion with someonelse on here I am sure, Forza 3 is vastly superior to GT3 or 4 as was Forza 2.

The only thing I missed from GT 3 were the rallys and previously mentioned bed loads of cars.

GT 5 admittidly should be loads better than Forza 3 but given the amount of time GT5 has been in development and the fact that Forza 3 has been out for 15 months you'd be quite concerned it if wasn't.

But it isn't. Clearly not. GT5: 86% average over 32 reviews compared with F3: 92% average over 90 reviews.

Yet again "superior hardware" fails to deliver. Although I read today Mass Effect 2 should be superior on PS3, so it's not all bad! lol

To be fair the ones in bold come down to GT being on PS2 rather than PS3/360.

And more versatile races? GT3 had the rally races as well as the F1ish races.

GT seemed more like a proper career though, I haven't bought a car in Forza, I just keep getting them for levelling up. There's no variation either, it's just doing little competitions broken up by the seasonal race, it gets boring.

But it isn't. Clearly not. GT5: 86% average over 32 reviews compared with F3: 92% average over 90 reviews.

Yet again "superior hardware" fails to deliver. Although I read today Mass Effect 2 should be superior on PS3, so it's not all bad! lol

Who actually cares about reviews. Nobody, that's who.

Well I for one don't buy any games until I've read a number of reviews. So I'd say that the play a pretty important role in a game's success or otherwise. As for GT5, I haven't played it a great deal but I'm enjoying it. The graphics may be a notch below what I was anticipating but that doesn't detract from the gameplay for me. Not played forza but if it features what Manwell says then it sounds pretty good. Gt's 1000 odd cars are all very well but how many of them will I actually use?

And I'm currently trying to win the VW Camper Van event at the Top Gear Test Track which is proving a bit of a bastard! Good fun though

Well I for one don't buy any games until I've read a number of reviews. So I'd say that the play a pretty important role in a game's success or otherwise. As for GT5, I haven't played it a great deal but I'm enjoying it. The graphics may be a notch below what I was anticipating but that doesn't detract from the gameplay for me. Not played forza but if it features what Manwell says then it sounds pretty good. Gt's 1000 odd cars are all very well but how many of them will I actually use?

And I'm currently trying to win the VW Camper Van event at the Top Gear Test Track which is proving a bit of a bastard! Good fun though

Its a bitch of a race, I gave up on it. The next level on it is with Lotus Elise's and its even friggin harder.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, been playing this on and off for a couple of weeks now. No problems with crashing (apart from the cars, of course). Seeing as I know virtually nothing about cars (I used to have a Renault 11) - can anyone recommend some good purchases for early in the game (got about 100,000 to spend).

Ok, been playing this on and off for a couple of weeks now. No problems with crashing (apart from the cars, of course). Seeing as I know virtually nothing about cars (I used to have a Renault 11) - can anyone recommend some good purchases for early in the game (got about 100,000 to spend).

Don't buy anything American, the rev limiter is so low you run out of revs before 120mph.

I just buy what will get me through the events to be honest, then spend up on tuning it.

To be fair the ones in bold come down to GT being on PS2 rather than PS3/360.

And more versatile races? GT3 had the rally races as well as the F1ish races.

GT seemed more like a proper career though, I haven't bought a car in Forza, I just keep getting them for levelling up. There's no variation either, it's just doing little competitions broken up by the seasonal race, it gets boring.

Who actually cares about reviews. Nobody, that's who.

I know but what hardware is running the game is besides the point.

I get what you mean however it's a matter of taste which one involves you more, I do admit at times it feels like you never have to actually go out and buy a car in Forza.

Variation aint exactly any racing games strong point lol the rallys where good in GT, most annoying thing ever GT3 was the last F1 race series where your F1 car would run out of oil well before the end of it even if you changed it before starting.

Yes, if the reviews said it was awful and averaged 50% you'd take note, but a difference of 6% either way means nothing, 86% and 92% are both unquestionably positive.

I know but what hardware is running the game is besides the point.

I get what you mean however it's a matter of taste which one involves you more, I do admit at times it feels like you never have to actually go out and buy a car in Forza.

Variation aint exactly any racing games strong point lol the rallys where good in GT, most annoying thing ever GT3 was the last F1 race series where your F1 car would run out of oil well before the end of it even if you changed it before starting.

Haha, never reached those races :P

Forza is really good, but there's no sense of having to work for anything, you get given the cars you need to progress, as well as the fact that despite a series being for a certain class (like 'A'), 9 times out of 10 you can use a better car, which is just odd.

Where can i find a yank truck from can not complete one of the levels need a yank truck

I never bothered with that one, got up enough levels so just went up to the next set of races.

• 2 weeks later...

absolute quality game, however i don't like the fact you can only buy some cars second hand

That's always been the case. I don't have GT5 but it's always the older models you buy 2nd hand... I mean, are you really likely to buy a brand new E-type Jag?

Archived