Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jon25747

Match Rating vs Preston

Weale 6 - Good job we weren't playing a good side today or we would have been hammered with him in goal. Had an off day and he came out more times today than he has all of his career and it nearly cost us!

Abe 8 - Fantastic performance. Full of energy and looks as if he is finally settling in.

Fryatt 6 - Did nothing, when he got the ball, he would hold on to it for 10 seconds too long and then lay it off to the player he should have 10 seconds earlier. Too slow on the ball!

FT

Explain to me please, how Abe has a fantastic' game and gets 8 when Fryatt gets 6 when you give him a poor match description and Weale also manages a 6 when that description would warrant, to me, a 2.

Confused

Apologies for singling you out Father Ted, I just jumped in too quick, although my points are still valid.

To all of those who moaned about Weale and then gave him a 6 WHY??????

And why are so many so surprised at his recent form?

I've been trying to tell you for over a season now that we need 2 new goalies

Weale - 6 - Looked very skakey with clearances.

Naughton - 8.5 - It's the first time i've seen Kyle play due to myself being away but I thought he's a cracking player.

Vitor - 9.5 - Bloody amazing, best ever City game.

Hobbs - 8 - Solid, not as much as usual, but still alot.

Cunningham - 8.5 - See Naughton.

Gallagher - 9 - Worked his socks off, looked promising everytime he got the ball, cracking goal as well.

Wellens - 7 - Some alright play at times. Average.

King - 7.5 - Did well at stopping them attacking and also got into some decent positions at the other end of the pitch.

Abe - 9.5 - Best game in a LCFC shirt. Did everything right.

Fryatt - 7 - Worked hard butr frustrated me by trying to walk it in.

Waghorn - 6 - Didn't do anything.

I wasn't there.

Is that relevant?

My point is the spread of scores.

If Weale was as poor as everyone says then that doesn't justify a 6.

What do you do if a player scores 4 and creates 3 other goals for us in a game?

Would this imaginary player only warrant 4 more points than Weale's performance today?

Obviously not.

People's descriptions and score don't line up. FT gave a difference of 2 points between the best Abe fantastic and worst players today. 'Weale 6 - Good job we weren't playing a good side today or we would have been hammered with him in goal. Had an off day and he came out more times today than he has all of his career and it nearly cost us! '

2or 3 sounded as if they played their best games for us so far.

2 or 3, who posters on here appear to love, had probably their worst games and got 6.

Weale 4 - Reckless on two occassions. 1 good save.

Naughton 6- Solid game

Hobbs 6 - Recovered after poor start

Vitor 7 - Reliable and dug Weale out of a mess.Kept Hume quiet

Cunningham 6 - Impressive and quick,nearly scored

Abe 7 - Looked quality. Drifts into very good positions

King 6 - Solid, deserved the armband

Wellens 6 - Defensive MF suits his combative style

Gallagher 6 - Good goal but wasteful on dead ball attempts

Fryatt 5 - Energy and neat ball control, no end product

Waghorn 5 - Quiet, potential to improve

Subs:

Howard 5 - Got Brown rattled

N'Guessan 5 - Quick but needs to use eyes to avoid offside. I hope he gets better as CF as not convinced he is a winger

Oakley n/a - 4 for brief 7 mins incl booking......

Weale - 4 Oo err. Some very iffy forays out of his box, although he did most of his in box work competently.

Naughton - 7.5 Solid. Defended well, got forwards plenty and sprayed some impressive crossfield balls about in the first half.

Hobbs - 7 Much improved. Looked far more comfortable back on the right side of defence.

Vitor - 9 Oh yes. Quality defending, especially against Barton. Some lovely contructive passing from the back. Also has a heroic haircut, and took that pisstaking freekick that nearly got Cunningham into trouble. lol

Cunningham - 7 Impressive home debut, looks solid, has decent positioning for a youngster. Gets forward pretty well, looks decent enough on the ball too.

Abe - 8 His best game so far, even out of position. Lovely pass for the goal, and kept possesion well throughout. Never stops closing down. Nice to see him joining in the goal celebration, looks like the rest of the lads are starting to accept him.

King - 7 Not his best game, but worked hard, kept the ball moving well and did a good job in midfield. Loving the way he's been popping up in attacking positions this season, he's really trying to step up the influence he has on games.

Wellens - 7.5 Good job as the deeper midfielder, didn't dawdle on the ball too much and managed to pull off a few nice creative balls.

Gallagher - 8 Score inflated slightly by his goal, which he took nicely. Much better than in recent weeks.

Waghorn - 6 Nothing really came off for him in the last third today, but he worked tirelessly in closing down. A good shift.

Fryatt - 5.5 Doesn't really look fully fit, but he did okay in places. Definitely should have had a penalty in the first half.

Subs

Howard - 5 Loved him beating Brown for pace. lol

N'Guesson - 5 If he thought what he was doing before he did it, he'd be a decent player.

Oakley - N/A. What's up with Oaks? A booking in five minutes. Obviosuly developed some kind of mean streak over the summer, this season he's been jumping into tackles he'd have shirked in the past.

Ref - Still waiting to see a good one. Sure the FA will manage to dig out another awful one for next week though.

Weale - 4 (Tried to do eveything in his power to prevent us from getting a clean sheet! His decision making was poor, rushing out for balls which defenders could have dealt with and staying on his line when he needed to rush out. His kicking was awful, particularly when he had rushed off his line. Fortunately for us he only had to make one save all game. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Weale (not the chocolate cake with marshmallow and jam in ;) ) fan, but many more performances like today and I'll be questioning his place in the team if we are seriously going to push for a ply-off place.)

Naughton - 7 (Looked very good going forward and conbined well with Abe down the right. Got caught in possesion in the first minute but hardly put a foot wrong for the rest of the game.)

Hobbs - 7 (Generally played well but made a couple of poor decisions. Was dissapointed that he he didn't win more of his headers up against Hume.)

Vitor - 8 (Didn't put a foot wrong all game. Very calm under pressure and made a couple of crucial blocks/tackles for us today. The way that he shields the ball from strikers before casually turning them is pure class. Tied with Abe for me for Man of the Match. Reminds me of a fit Tunchev :thumbup: )

Cunningham - 8 (I was very impressed with what I saw for such a young player. Made some excellent tackles and got forward very well to support the attacking play. The run in the second-half was brilliant and if the shot had gone in we'd have an early contender for Goal of the Year.)

Abe - 8 (Combined well with Naughton and offered good cover to allow him to overlap. Some excellent weighted passes and good crosses that were crying out for the attacking players to get on the end of. Battled well and show great awareness to play in Gallagher for the goal. Joint Man of the Match with Vitor for me.)

King - 6 (Given the captains armband which I feel is a mistake as he so often goes missing for 20 minutes in games. An average performance with nothing spectacular to note. Made a couple of good crosses but with Fryatt and Waghorn up front he may have well not bothered.)

Wellens - 6 (A typical Richie performance today. Put himself about fairly well but his shooting is woeful. Played a nice pass to Gallagher in the second-half which Longerham saved well.)

Gallagher - 8 (Had a very good game today. His first touch to control the ball was always perfect. Showed great composure in scoring with his weaker foot as I feel that this is a part of his game that he needs to work on (his composure in front of goal, not his weaker foot). Had a good shot in the second-half saved.)

Fryatt - 5 (His control today seemed to be atrocious with the ball often getting caught under his feet. I cannot remember him doing anything good for the entire game and was pleased to see Howard replace him.)

Waghorn - 6 (Won his fair share of headers and showed great determination to hold off the defender to play the ball to Abe for the first goal. Had a great chance in the first-half from 12-yards out which he balzed over. Personally I don't feel that Waghorn and Fryatt are the correct front pairing.)

Howard - 6 (Nothing spectacular but asked a different question of their defendesr and won a couple of free-kicks.)

N'Guessan - 6 (Personally I don't see what he offers at all. More a case of not being on the pitch long enough to do much wrong rather than to impress.)

Oakley - 6 (Only had 5 minutes to make an impact and managed to get booked. I feel that he desrves a bit of a break as by all accounts he has played very well under Sven so far.)

Weale - 6 - had his kicking not been so poor it would have been higher.

Naughton - 7 - could have been higher but his crossing was suspect, that said the quality of the strikers did him no favours.

Cunningham - 7 - impressive and composed.

Hobbs -6- Looks nowhere near as assured as Vitor.

Vitor - 9- That boy will play at a much higher level than this, made Hu,me look like a Sunday League player.

Abe - 7 - class always outs.

Gallagher - 6 - goal the rest was average.

King - 7- everything is so easy.

Wellens - 6 - shooting woeful, but an improvement on recent efforts.

Fryatt - 3 - the excuses are running out and that effort in the first half was beyond inept.

Waghorn - 4 - at least looked like he was trying, but he needs some help and soon.

Howard - 3 - pointless.

N'Guessan - 2 - just appalling.

Oakley - N/A.

From the game;

Weale 4. Very disappointing, poor decision making and worse clearances, remains a competent shop stopper in the box but that is nowhere near enough. He has gone back a long way from this time last year when he was outstanding, now he just gives our backline the yips, worrying.

Naughton 7.5. Very decent indeed for someone who has barely played a handfull of games. A good all round game, a bit of pace and attitude, linked well with Abe. More to come as he gets fitter and adapts to us and the championship.

Hobbs 6.5. Better than of late and clearly prefers the right side. Still not the commanding figure of last year, let Hume get to more balls than he really should.

Vitor 8.5 Outstanding. Unlike most of our defenders of recent times he tackles on his feet and comes away with the ball. His distribution is good too, always composed and in control.Not tested in the air yesterday, his next big test.

Cunninghan 7. Very composed for his home debut, caught in possesion once or twice early on but he sharpened up and was decent thereafter. Looks a threat going forward, good run and shot second half.

Abe 7.5. Played the 'narrow right' position with rather more energy than we are use to seeing from Oakley, worked well with his fullback both in defence and going forward. Given freedom to come inside he played some very neat balls, including the one for Gallagher's goal. Doesn't provide much of an attacking threat from wide positions but we know he is not a winger so fair enough.

Wellens 7. A very controlled performance, cut down on the Hollywood balls and the pointless flicks, kept it simple and quick and was much better as a result. His best performance for some time.

King 6.5 Strange to say but it appeared that he was troubled by having the captains armband. Seemed distracted and slightly skitish throughout, like he should have been doing something more in some way. When the odd chance came his way he did not look like scoring, unusual for him.

Gallagher 7. Better than recent weeks but still looks out of place in wide positions, as usual does all he best work when he comes inside. Nice finish for his goal, he looks so much better coming onto the ball late than floundering around in the box when he is played up top.

Fryatt 5. Looks unfit and lacking in confidence, always takes one touch too many and tries far too much on his own. Combination play with his strike partner was virtually non existent, not even close to the standard shown in the first half of last season.

Waghorn 5.5. As yet nothing like the player we saw last season, still puts in the effort but his runs seem to lack purpose and his attempts on goal have no conviction.

Howard 5. On the day just another toothless city forward, his tussles with Brown were fun though.

N'Guessan 4. Even less impact than Howard, seems to have forgotten the offside rule during his layoff. Slow in wide positions and no conviction down the centre, very disappointing.

Oakley 5. Looks to be worried for his starting place so got stuck in right away, silly tackle for his booking.

Sven. Still hamstrung by his lack of options in midfield and a hopeless strikeforce. Picked a team to get a result, which they did, but needs to be bolder with team selection and substitutes.

Weale: 6.5 - Purely because he was rarely tested - despite his best efforts at times!!

Naughton 8 - One of the best players on the pitch IMO -Quick, Dependable and willing to get forward and support

Hobbs - 7 - Slowly lookin his brilliant self again - Concerning he should be out jumped by Hume(but tbf Hume always was impressive doing that)

Vitor - 8 Excellent, Calm, Assured in possesion and covered very well

Cunningham - 7 Actually quite impressed, bit more dynamic than Berner and gets forward well (Harsh on Berner to be dropped though))

Abe 7.5 - Clearly not a winger - but irrelevant, Excellent movement, decent passing, good vision, works hard, will be very good player for this club

Wellens 7.5 - Think were a better side when Wellens plays well, allows others to get forward and controls that midfield at times

King - 7 - Possibly bit quiter than usual but did simple things well and has great movement

Gallagher - 7 Much, much better than usual, took his goal well and could have had more

Fryatt 6 - Took way to many touches which squandered good chances and looked well out of sorts

Waghorn 6 Worked hard with very little product, clearly shouldnt be taking corners also!!

Not much to note on 3 subs apart from howard who gave prestons defence something to worry about

Yuki was my man of the match today, hes getting better every game, i could see him being a key player come January. Shame we only have Vitor on loan he looked class today.

Not sure what has happened Weale, is my memory lying to me or was he quite solid last season? He made me wince everytime he went near the ball.

Agree with most of what's here, Vitor, Abe and Naughton were excellent, Weale shaky as anything, and the forwards never looked like getting on the end of a string of dangerous crosses particularly in the first half. But don't understand the criticism of King, in the first half particularly he seemed to play a real captain's game, linking up really well, encouraging everyone, and getting from box to box really well. Maybe he didn't play as well second half, but he still made a string of great runs in to the box which with better service should have led to more goals.

Go to wonder where it leaves Hobbs and Oakley though if everyone's fit. On the bench at best I guess.

Archived