Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Beady Eye

You've got to be at some sort of low if you're performing on these 'talent shows'... I just couldn't imagine the likes of Lennon, Dylan, Sinatra, Morrissey going on those shows.

On the plus side though, I read Gallagher said The Smiths should reform. I'd love that!

The Smiths are my favourite band ever, but I would actively shudder at the prospect of them reforming.

I think it's highly unlikely it would happen though.  The acrimony of the legal stuff that's gone on - and has been ever present since the court case in 97 (I think it was) - mean it's not just one of those things where folk have grown apart over time and don't have any real reason for not going back to it

The Smiths are my favourite band ever, but I would actively shudder at the prospect of them reforming.

I think it's highly unlikely it would happen though.  The acrimony of the legal stuff that's gone on - and has been ever present since the court case in 97 (I think it was) - mean it's not just one of those things where folk have grown apart over time and don't have any real reason for not going back to it

Oh mate, how good are they? I've always liked them, but didn't really appreciate them until last year. Love them now. The lyrics of Morrissey, and the music of Marr. Fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

wasnt sure after the first listen, but heard it through 4 times now and its defo grown on me.

Was a massive Oasis fan and I quite liked both BE first album and NGHFB first album also. Looking forward to listening to this one, hope it grows on me also

The most disappointing thing about BE to me is the first single Bring the Light was excellent. Closer to Ike & Tina Turner Review than Oasis. Was really shocked that they went down that road. The rest of the album was just bang average. This new album i'm not sure what they're trying to achieve but its not worked or me.

Do you really want that lav?  I always cringe when I hear bands getting back together for another shot in the limelight and some cash...So many new bands around that deserve more recognition than some money grabbing bands who already had their moment in the sun.  Plus its never ever as good 2nd time around.

Loved Beady Eye opening the other Stage first thing friday morning at Glastonbury as surprise guests, only just got there for the start through a bit of luck.

The crowd hadn't woken up at 11am (myself included) but was still a good experience.

'Tonight I'm a rock n roll star, At half 11 in the morning Glastonbury'

LIAM LIAM LIAM

Anyone who saw Oasis on their last tour in 2008/2009 will agree they were (still are in my head) the best band the world has ever seen

Long Live OASIS

I remember Oasis played at the Princess Charlotte back in the day, although never got to that gig myself. Still, Definitely Maybe is by far their greatest album. Liam maybe a bit of a twat but he's a great front man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Z-WRuQe2w

ps. The Word, what a great show that was, despite Terry Christian

• 7 months later...

Would love to see them live

Mind you would also love Oasis to reform

Not sure if you caught Sky Arts last week, but a few Oasis programmes were on for a few hours. One of their live shows was aired, and I wished that I'd actually seen them live. Not a massive massive Oasis fan but music does miss artists like that.

In terms of Sky Arts, it's a good channel. Get a lot of music on it, especially for my taste, a lot of Beatles, Dylan, Stones, Oasis etc

Not sure if you caught Sky Arts last week, but a few Oasis programmes were on for a few hours. One of their live shows was aired, and I wished that I'd actually seen them live. Not a massive massive Oasis fan but music does miss artists like that.

In terms of Sky Arts, it's a good channel. Get a lot of music on it, especially for my taste, a lot of Beatles, Dylan, Stones, Oasis etc

I was at that gig, brilliant.

Archived