Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonny Chee

Any musicians on here?

I have been playing drums for about 20 years now.

Played in an original band for 10 years and had record label interest. Performed 100's of times around the country in some great venues too.

We used to play regularly with a band called 'Bridges' who went on to become 'The Enemy'. Little bastards.

do you still know the enemy?

If so could you tell them they're whiney little bastards and their music is shit?

Hahaha. Don't have any contact with them now they are all famous and stuff.

I agree about their music too, absolutely terrible. They were a blues style band orginally believe it or not.

Drummer, not played for a couple fo years since my daughter was born. Been bandless for about 10 years now though, my old band used to gig a bit round Surrey and London. Played a few decent venues.

Edit, and a bit of guitar. And I can sing.

Piano –started when I was seven, now I’m sixty-seven.

After spending over 30 years in secondary education, (youdon’t even get that for ‘murder’!), I went free-lance. Had a top residency aswell as playing for hundreds of weddings, parties, dinners etc.

One of my favourite moments was entertaining the Germanfootball team along with their wives and girlfriends plus other officialsduring Euro 96 when I played ‘Dam Busters’. Went down well –with the hotelstaff but I got a shock to suddenly realise that Jurgen Klinsmann was standingbehind me watching. I said ‘This is an honour’, He replied ’Why is that?’ I said’because I’m normally watching you play!’

We are all musical in the family. My wife plays Piano andClarinet – but not at the same time!

Elder daughter is an international flautist with her ownshow on Cruise ships all over the world and younger daughter is lead singer,composer and sound engineer with her own group ‘Resist’ who do gigs all overthe country and have just returned from playing at the WGT festival in Leipzig.

I mus town more instruments that I can't really play than anyone in the world. Rocking a mandolin (fairly crap), a couple of whistles (very crap), a harmonica (useless) and a bass (Joe-average.)

I've only ever played the bass in a band, though I did for a fair few years from about 15 to 20. All really simple punk, root-note stuff though. Nothing impressive. Just wanted to be in a band, really. Somet to do. Our drummer (my flatmate) was crazy, though. He still plays for a few local bands, amongst them being Internal Conflict. http://www.myspace.com/internalconflictband

I have to say, my biggest issue with mine is keeping the **** in tune. Far too much ****ing effort.

Damn straight. Snapped my string trying to tune it a few months ago, it's just sat there since. Really not arsed to sort it.

Anyone have any recommendations for recording stuff? Been meaning to get something for years but never got 'round to it. Not after a big setup, just some all in one thing. For both acoustic and electric preferably, preferably multi-track also.

Was looking at the Boss Micro BR (I think) a while back, any views?

Soundcloud

Thanks for reminding me about Soundcloud, sir. This is something I did earlier, it's currently unmixed etc and needs work to it, but I think it sounds pretty funky. It's only the work of about an hour, this is the kind of stuff I do to relax. Played the two guitar rhythm tracks and bass, then recorded the improv solo over the top. Constructed the drum track in Garageband.

Archived