Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Coventry-Home End

their chavvy end is to the right of our end deffo so 14/15/16 etc (around there). Hope I'm fairly near there (havent seen my ticket yet). Knowing my mate he will have it near the front in teh middle but hope it's further back for some atmoshere

Its not sold out there will eb 400 on sale at 9am on monday i have spoken to leicester and Cov.

I've just spoke to someone at the ticket office to book Rotherham tickets and they said Coventry was sold out! Block 3 all the way.

The police have been known to read boards but if you're not an arsehole about sitting in home areas, you're unlikely to get your collar felt.

Just make sure you wear no colours, keep your mouth shut if/when we score and pretend to look somewhat satisfied if they score.

In 2003 i had some mates over from Sweden, who wanted to watch us, but we left it late and had to sit in their Cop at Highfield Rd, right next to the City fans. I have never seen as many C**ts in one place(by that i mean in their cop!!). Most of them, with their £4.99, off the Market, Burberry caps, were not even bothered about watching the game, and were just hurling the usual racist, inbreds etc abuse. We kept quiet all game, which ruined it really, as we had to listen to these ****wits for the whole game.

Nevetheless, we won!! but I would recommend not sitting in their kop, as there will probably be some chav in your ear all day ruining it...

In 2003 i had some mates over from Sweden, who wanted to watch us, but we left it late and had to sit in their Cop at Highfield Rd, right next to the City fans. I have never seen as many C**ts in one place(by that i mean in their cop!!). Most of them, with their £4.99, off the Market, Burberry caps, were not even bothered about watching the game, and were just hurling the usual racist, inbreds etc abuse. We kept quiet all game, which ruined it really, as we had to listen to these ****wits for the whole game.

Nevetheless, we won!! but I would recommend not sitting in their kop, as there will probably be some chav in your ear all day ruining it...

That was when they actually had an atmosphere.

Guest MattP

all those going in the cov end & posting what block they're in: Is that really a wise idea?

It's fine providing you dont behave like a cock, no one will be looking for you and any Cov fan looking for a fight wont be in that area of the stadium. You wouldnt get our lot moving tickets from L1 and paying extra to sit in the West Stand just in case an away fan propped up.

I got a slap at Liverpool about 10-12 years ago in the main stand, the old Anfield Road end was being built and no tickets were given to away fans, we got two in and said we would sit there quiet, wasnt going to be hard as we werent expecting anything, we score to go 1-0 up after about 90 secs :crylaugh: (think it was Elliott) and then spend the next 80 mins watching them pound our goal. Said to my mate about 5 mins from the end I'm gonna have to go on 90 because I'll go nuts when the final whistle goes, literally after saying it we launch a counter and Heskey is away, shoots and the ball is parried......Fenton is charging it to knock the rebound home, ball hits the net at the kop end and we are both charging down the aisle with our arms in the air. Dodged a couple of swings getting out :giggle:

So you should be ok, but you can never be sure, If its 1-1 and King smashes a 35 yarder in with the last kick of the game I dont believe any fan can hide it, it becomes a natural reaction.

The worst one was a guy I knew in home end at Forest when we lost 5-1, can;t imagine how bad that was.

Did the home end at Northampton, don't think I'll ever do it again, takes all the enjoyment out of the game not being able to support your team properly!

I did it at Peterborough when we were in league one, sort off gave it away when they scored the first I stayed sat down, then they scored a second I was like this is ****ing shit!!, then all there fans started singing (first time for 80min) so I left muttering how shit there support was, everyone was staring at me and my mate, knowing we were city fans, but didn't say a thing!! Lucky really!!!

Did the home end at Northampton, don't think I'll ever do it again, takes all the enjoyment out of the game not being able to support your team properly!

I did that. I was a guest for one of the Northampton sponsers.

When Dyer (I think) scored, I jumped up as I couldn't control myself and about got filled in by 10 Nothampton fans.

They complained to stewards, but they said I was ok and left me. I was getting evils all game.

I remember sitting in a home stand at Bournemouth back in the 80's and, back then, you risked trouble in even the most unlikely places. With this in mind I sat (on my hands) very quiet not to give the game away and then, Mike Newell scores and half the stand that I thought were home fans were jumping up and down punching the air. A very similar thing happened at Twerton Park against Bristol Rovers. Happy days :)

Went in the old Chelsea west stand benches the year we went up to the premier first time, 94/95 - 3-0 down in 14 mins, they caught onto me not cheering each goal, lost 4-0, but managed to get out without a hiding.

Archived