Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stay Positive

Anyone here ever been on Ken Bruce's Popmaster quiz?

I keep hovering around 250 – 270 , so I suppose I’d be described as a bread and butter player in football parlance .

Every team needs one though . I suppose i'm more Nobby Stiles than Martin Peters

Corporal Nobby Nobbs.

nobby_sm.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Blimey. I've just been listening to the "champions league" Popmaster (the highest scorers for the year go through to this) and I really had NOT anticipated how much harder the questions would be. I mean, I did ok. I'd have beaten two of the four people who've been on so far and lost to the other two, but to give you some idea how much harder they are, one bloke got asked "What are the real names of Chaka Demus and Pliers"!!! Who the hell knows that?!!

Blimey. I've just been listening to the "champions league" Popmaster (the highest scorers for the year go through to this) and I really had NOT anticipated how much harder the questions would be. I mean, I did ok. I'd have beaten two of the four people who've been on so far and lost to the other two, but to give you some idea how much harder they are, one bloke got asked "What are the real names of Chaka Demus and Pliers"!!! Who the hell knows that?!!

John Taylor and Everton Bonner. Doesn't everyone know that? :dunno::unsure:

Ok, I cheated.

Just got 23 the first round, 24 the second. There were some right stinkers in there.

Hahaha what a brilliant question!

One was given the Aled Jones walking in the air song. And then was asked the question "who sings it in the film version" :xmasohmy:

I'm kind of relieved I never made it through now, actually! Mind you, I did batter the bloke who only scored ten points with a hefty 36.

Today's questions were much easier. I bet the second bloke couldn't believe his luck, the jammy beggar. I heard it when he qualified and thought he was lucky with his questions THEN, but today's questions, I managed to get 51 out of 55. He got 49. I mean, fair play to him, he can only answer the questions he's given, but as he rightly said, he definitely got the questions that "fell" for him.

Now I'm gutted I didn't make the final. Listened to it and got 53 out of 55 on the first bloke's questions (he got 41) and then I scored 41 on the second bloke's questions (he got 43), so whichever spot I'd have been on in, I'd have either won the thing or drawn and had to do a tiebreaker.

• 2 months later...

Just managed a whopping 354 on the online version. Not important, but felt the need to gloat smugly. ;)

EDIT: Make that 378. Maybe I should get a life...

flippin heck , that's brilliant :trumpet:

i still hover around 250 :(

I've stopped playing now because I achieved an unbeatable 390. You hear Ken saying "You must have cheated, surely?" if you get a maximum.

Yeah sure Ken, 'cause I'd have time to cheat AND answer each question in a nanosecond...

Don't take it personally. :unsure:

Archived