Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stay Positive

Anyone here ever been on Ken Bruce's Popmaster quiz?

I went on it a couple of months ago. For those of you who have never heard it, it's a pop quiz on Radio 2.

You get 3 points for each correct "normal" question, and 6 points for each "bonus" question, where he'll play part of a song and ask a question about it afterwards.

Ken never asked me who I supported beforehand, unfortunately, so I couldn't have a football discussion with him, but I managed a respectable 30 points, having got only two questions wrong (both "What year was such and such a hit?" questions, which I was a year out with both times).

Won a nice new digital radio for my troubles, having beaten my opponent (who only scored 9 points) and answered the "3 in 10" part where you have to name 3 top 40 hits by a certain

artist in 10 seconds. I got Razorlight, and just did it in time.

Anyone else had a stab at this before?

You know what i was gutted about? I got on, on the Wednesday, having applied 4 times before. They ask you 3 questions beforehand to see whether you're good

enough to get on (you have to get at least two of the three), and the first couple of times, I got them all right. The third time, which was a couple of days before I made it onto the show, I only got one right, disqualifying me from entering. That day, I listened, and of course, I got 39 points on both contestants' questions. Gutted.

I love Ken Bruce and popmaster but I've never had the nerve to ring in. I've had 39 points a couple of times before playing at work but I usually average in the 20s.

There's an online version here.

thanks for that , it's good :thumbup:

i just scored 252 points on that

edit;

followed by scores 132 , 207 , 183, 294 , just got to be luck of how the questions fall i suppose

9/10 306 points. :trumpet:

EDIT

Todays best score; 10/10 342. :trumpet: :trumpet:

Well done , Webbo , that's a terrific score , I've not got over 300 yet :(

I love Popmaster... and have thought of phoning in, but sometimes whole rounds can pass me by.

typical postman !!

are you doing this on purpose ? :D

• 2 weeks later...

You really ought to go on it Webbo, if you're getting scores as high as you say. Ken's a nice chap and will put you perfectly at ease. Or if you just fancy a few testers, just ring up and they'll ask you three preliminary questions. You have to get two out of the three to qualify. If you really don't want to go on, just make yourself sound really boring and you won't. lol

You really ought to go on it Webbo, if you're getting scores as high as you say. Ken's a nice chap and will put you perfectly at ease. Or if you just fancy a few testers, just ring up and they'll ask you three preliminary questions. You have to get two out of the three to qualify. If you really don't want to go on, just make yourself sound really boring and you won't. lol

I really struggled with the radio version today. Anyway I am really boring :D.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

still can't get 300 :angry:

how fast are you feckers ? you'd need to be faster than billy the kid

Good as it is, I actually find the online version quite annoying because my PC is slow and I generally know the answers long before it actually displays the options.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this link works or not, but if it does, this was my on-air effort.

Will be interesting too, to see if there's anyone on here who actually knows me personally, seeing as he says my actual name (obviously!)

Eh? Where is it? I SWEAR I just attached the file...

Not sure if this link works or not, but if it does, this was my on-air effort.

Will be interesting too, to see if there's anyone on here who actually knows me personally, seeing as he says my actual name (obviously!)

Eh? Where is it? I SWEAR I just attached the file...

Clint.

I went on it a couple of months ago. For those of you who have never heard it, it's a pop quiz on Radio 2.

You get 3 points for each correct "normal" question, and 6 points for each "bonus" question, where he'll play part of a song and ask a question about it afterwards.

Ken never asked me who I supported beforehand, unfortunately, so I couldn't have a football discussion with him, but I managed a respectable 30 points, having got only two questions wrong (both "What year was such and such a hit?" questions, which I was a year out with both times).

Won a nice new digital radio for my troubles, having beaten my opponent (who only scored 9 points) and answered the "3 in 10" part where you have to name 3 top 40 hits by a certain

artist in 10 seconds. I got Razorlight, and just did it in time.

Anyone else had a stab at this before?

My old workmate was shit hot on it, and applied a few times. They never rang him back though. 30 pts is very good. think the most ive ever got is about 20 lol

Archived