Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thewarmanator

Euro 2012 - anyone going?

Could you have got tickets out there if you had wanted?

Oh god yeah, we were offered the France and Sweden games tickets but getting to Ukraine was such a nightmare that we couldn't do it. Flights from Krakow to Kiev were about £500 return.

Samne goes for Rooney. He's really just not that good. Everyone thinks he's going to come back in, score a hattrick and everyone will love him. He's not world class by any stretch of the imagination. I'd rather keep the same side as Friday, without Milner. Everyone thought it was going to.be a massive thing Rooney being left out the first two games, but it wasn't. Why? Cos he's not that good. At least the others listen to the manager. If he says he wants Welbeck n Carroll up front and staying up front, thats what they do. When we were chasing the game 2-1 down on Friday did anyone spot eiother of them playing at right back, or dropping deep into midfield, or throwing a tantrum if they did something wrong, or if they didn't get the ball?

My point being he tries to do too much for the team which ends up having far more of a negative outcome than positive

Carroll's better for Liverpool off the bench anyway so I'm happy for Rooney to come in. He's matured a bit (minus the incident that saw him banned for the past 2 games so hopefully there'll be no tantrums) and hopefully he can finally do it for England.

Where are you? I might be interested as I gave seats in the mixed section but want to be with the England fans

Hi, sorry I sold the tickets on the train to Kharkiv today. There is plenty of ticket trading being done for tonight's game near the ticket collection point.

I don't have any spares for other games.

Were you on the early flight this morning? Departed about 2-3am?

Ours got delayed til 4am. Arrived in Birmingham about 630am our time. I only had one hour sleep Saturday, and no sleep at the airport last night so will be having an early one later. The flight out there took 2hr 30 yet this morning it took us 3hr 30!! My body clocks screwed. Its impossible to think the match happened less than 24 hrs ago.

As for the game, we were crap. Sat back far too much, and we're worse than leicester at refusing to shoot from outside the box. We werent closing them down enough and had it not been for us getting lucky the scoreline would've been about 5 0.

I question the idea of bringing Carroll on at the point he did. We then proceeded to play hoof ball.

Rooney is shit. Im not basing this opinion on his last two games but its certainly theicing on the cake for me. England we're doing pretty well before he turned up again. More of a hindrance than help to the team. Its like having 10 men on board. I know im not the only one who thinks he's vastly overrated, and there are more coming round to this view. I maintain we wouldn't have beaten Sweden had he been involved. I'd love Woy even more if he dropped him now.

I question the knowledge of the football pundits who call him world class or say that he should always play when available. I saw Chris Kamara in departures this morning and was going to ask him about his opinion but I was that dead on my feet I didnt bother.

I reckon if you got some of these pundits in a quiet chat most would probably have a.different view on rooney to the one they share on air.

Im not making him the fall guy for last night at all, we werent good enough. But rooney is detrimental to the team

Ner I got the 10 flight back to gatwick.

Your body clock is screwed? Try doing that for 11 days and see what happens, Iv slept at 2 different train stations and airports in that time as well as a couple of trains. Glad I'm not back at work till Thursday!

I agree with your Rooney comment to an extent, he should have been made to fight for his place rather than come straight back into the team.

We lack a couple of works class attacking players to take us further in tournaments, look at Portugal

Anyone notice that the beer in the ground was only 0.5% alcohol? I think thats why we could take a pint to the seats. What a con...

I was in block 40, in the second half there must have been two people standing for every seat - England/Russia/Poland fans that had come from elsewhere in the ground. A compliment I guess..,,

Oh and how nice is Kiev? Clean and tidy, friendly people.. FIT women.

It just goes to show how much bullshit Panorama and Sky tried to create with their programs. Ok I was there one day, but if was brilliant. Exactly how football should be. Some of the leicester lot out there having a kick about with some Italians before the game. Quality singsong in the Sweden corner or whatever with oasis kasabian and madness playing.

**** off sol Campbell, we'll do what we want

Anyone notice that the beer in the ground was only 0.5% alcohol? I think thats why we could take a pint to the seats. What a con...

I was in block 40, in the second half there must have been two people standing for every seat - England/Russia/Poland fans that had come from elsewhere in the ground. A compliment I guess..,,

True. There were definitely a lot more people around. Other England fans from the other parts of the ground, but we also had some Germans next to me supporting us, as well as ukranian fans and Czech fans

I was down the other end and suggested doing exactly that to my mate but didn't want to risk being kicked out.

As for the beer, I saw something saying 0.5 but presumed it meant something else!

Ratters, were you with an Everton fan in Kharkiv on the day before Ukraine match?

Archived