Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MONreborn

Given the choice Sven or Pearson?

Wellens started more games this season than Fernandes under Sven and Johnson hasn't been fit since he's been here.

He looked close to being fit when Sven was here ... are we saying now that NP's coaching team can't get a player fit in two and half months?? He's had long enough to be fit by now - he's being overlooked or doesn't want to play for NP.

I don't blame him either - it's hardly a side where a creative midfielder would do anything other than get a neck ache watching the ball.

Not that I'm adding anything new to this conversation, but I agree with the people who say they like NP but would have preferred Sven to have been given more time. Everyone keeps banging on about his poor signings but the fact is that our best players ths season have all been Sven signings. I'd say his strike-rate for decent players far outweighs his poorer signings.

You're funny Sven. :)

Are you taking the piss?

Johnson is above anything we have. Fernandes too. Guess where Fernandes is now? Udinese, 2 points from the top of Serie A. But he's not good enough for us?

If any of those players, or Danns/Abe were afforded the same time in the starting lineup as King and Wellens i really think we would be looking like a different team.

Are you taking the piss?

Johnson is above anything we have. Fernandes too. Guess where Fernandes is now? Udinese, 2 points from the top of Serie A. But he's not good enough for us?

If any of those players, or Danns/Abe were afforded the same time in the starting lineup as King and Wellens i really think we would be looking like a different team.

Fernandes said he was only here for Sven and didn't want to play for us anymore. Can't blame Pearson for getting rid of him, even Sven had stopped starting him every game before he was sacked. Johnson isn't even match fit after being here for 6 months. Even when Sven played him he never moved. it's a pity because I agree he is way better than anything we have but if he isn't mentally able to get himself fit in 6 months you have to qustion his desire and what is going on with him.

I am hoping today it's dawned on Pearson how crap Wellens and King really are, hense the major rebuild comment.

Fernandes said he was only here for Sven and didn't want to play for us anymore. Can't blame Pearson for getting rid of him, even Sven had stopped starting him every game before he was sacked. Johnson isn't even match fit after being here for 6 months. Even when Sven played him he never moved. it's a pity because I agree he is way better than anything we have but if he isn't mentally able to get himself fit in 6 months you have to qustion his desire and what is going on with him. I am hoping today it's dawned on Pearson how crap Wellens and King really are, hense the major rebuild comment.

Isn't it the coaching team that get players fit?? My blame would be at their door if he really isn't fit after that time. My suspicion is that he isn't motivated by NP, and wouldn't be bothered to play his "style" of hoofball.

Fernandes said he was only here for Sven and didn't want to play for us anymore. Can't blame Pearson for getting rid of him, even Sven had stopped starting him every game before he was sacked. Johnson isn't even match fit after being here for 6 months. Even when Sven played him he never moved. it's a pity because I agree he is way better than anything we have but if he isn't mentally able to get himself fit in 6 months you have to qustion his desire and what is going on with him.

From what i understood, Fernandes didn't want to play anymore because he wasn't getting in the team. Although, when sacking Sven our supporters and the owners should have realised the impact that would have on the squad.

Isn't it the coaching team that get players fit?? My blame would be at their door if he really isn't fit after that time. My suspicion is that he isn't motivated by NP, and wouldn't be bothered to play his "style" of hoofball.

How long has Pearson been here compared to Sven. If your gonna blame coaches for Johnson not being fit then thats all Sven and his staffs fault. Even when Sven played him he never really moved or looked properly fit. I think there must be other problems apparently he's still carrying too much weight. Maybe he has no desire to play for Leicester or in the championship or maybe for anyone. One thing you cannot blame Pearson for and not Sven is Johnson not being fit.

From what i understood, Fernandes didn't want to play anymore because he wasn't getting in the team. Although, when sacking Sven our supporters and the owners should have realised the impact that would have on the squad.

I read that before Pearson was even appointed Fernandes had said he only came here because of Sven. Someone put a link up on here a while ago. It was some interview in France.

How long has Pearson been here compared to Sven. If your gonna blame coaches for Johnson not being fit then thats all Sven and his staffs fault. Even when Sven played him he never really moved or looked properly fit. I think there must be other problems apparently he's still carrying too much weight. Maybe he has no desire to play for Leicester or in the championship or maybe for anyone. One thing you cannot blame Pearson for and not Sven is Johnson not being fit.

He was on the verge of fitness under Sven .... two months further on and he's not fit. I blame NP for that.

He was on the verge of fitness under Sven .... two months further on and he's not fit. I blame NP for that.

I think your blaming the wrong person. Johnson and Johnson alone is to blame, you can't force someone to go that extra mile to get fit if they don't want to. Hes had more than long enough under both managers.

I think your blaming the wrong person. Johnson and Johnson alone is to blame, you can't force someone to go that extra mile to get fit if they don't want to. Hes had more than long enough under both managers.

To be fair, he was being eased in by Sven after so long out. He is not going to be in shape if he is not playing matches. The only reason he hasn't been in the squad is because he is injured? Although i have heard nothing on that front.

Really? What's the manager's job to do then?? I thought it was to lead, inspire and motivate his team to be winners, to want to play for him and the club, to put their bodies on the line for him.

NP can't do that. Simple.

Pearson managed to do it alright when we got promoted and when he got us in the play-offs. He also did it with no money. I also think if Sven had assembled a decent midfield he'd be able to do it. But there so bad the defence has no choice to long ball it but we don't have any height up front apart from Howard.

It's not Pearsons job to get someone fit that hasn't already got properly fit after 4 months under the previous manager and he'd been in Man Citys reserves for about 5 months before that.

As ridiculous and premature as it was in all honesty, the sacking Sven debacle was coming all along in many respects after some truly miserable and unexpected home defeats earlier this season to the likes of Bristol City, Reading and last/worst of all, Millwall. These results were clearly unacceptable given the excellent investment at this level made by the Thais into the team in the close season and to now be in 15th place with over half the season already played now is a joke, given our early season predictions as being joint favourites with West Ham. As Stevie Claridge and Manish alluded to on the League Show a short while ago the quality is there but the execution is completely missing.

The trouble is Pearson has failed miserably in signing anybody in the January transfer window so far - and Hull have clearly slammed the door in his face two fold now if he has made any approaches for any of his former players there - which is slightly understandable from their stance I guess. I don't know how many times this has been mentioned in other threads tonight and indeed on this one (as I have only just come onto the site this very minute). The fact that Billy Sharp has been stalling on coming here is a worry in itself when he's at a lowly and unambitious club like Doncaster who would be more than content to finish four from bottom, all loyalty issues aside. Do these players know something we don't?! The same with Nicky Maynard, who's hardly going places with Bristol City in their current predicament. If Pearson is to save not only his job but also to save us from a potential relegation battle now (given how tight the Championship is), then he has his work cut out now alright, especially if the right players never turn up before the window closes. Besides we're not too good to go down either as we all remember 2008 and the poaching involved there as regards Holloway that ultimately lead to our then historic downfall.

Archived