Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike the Metal Ed

Ticket Priority Arrangements 2012/3

This thread could do with updating for next season, this is the new system:

For the 2012-13 season, our system will be updated, with supporters' priority calculated using away loyalty points collected during 2011-12 (this season).

All away fixtures will automatically carry 10 loyalty points each, which will automatically be added to individuals' accounts stored electronically within the Ticketing Software, with the Club reserving the right to award a further 5 'bonus points' for selected away fixtures during the season, fixtures that are deemed by the Club to show 'exceptional commitment and support'. As an example, away midweek visits to Cardiff City and Middlesbrough on consecutive Wednesday evenings in September, both offered 15 loyalty points each.

Priority for away tickets during the 2012-13 season will subsequently be tiered as follows:

Priority 1: Supporters earning 130 points or more during 2011-12.

Priority 2: Supporters earning 80-120 points during 2011-12.

Priority 3: Supporters earning up to 70 points during 2011-12.

The new system will ensure those meeting the existing criteria of attending 13 away games or more will continue to be rewarded with Priority 1 status, while also creating opportunities for those wishing to boost their rating by attending games carrying a greater number of points, to also join a higher Priority group.

Points will be automatically added to your account when tickets are purchased from www.lcfcdirect.com or from the City Fanstore at King Power Stadium. Supporters are encouraged to ensure their account status at the Ticket Office is up to date at all times to ensure they receive the correct loyalty points.

I've got 80 points currently, which isn't right. I'm sure I should be around the 140 mark. Going to be a fair few issues with this I can imagine.

God knows which games get you more points too; Cardiff on a Sunday BBC lunch time kick off? Southampton on a Monday night on Sky? Are they 'exceptional' enough?

No one should be surprised their purchase history is wrong they've never recorded my purchases unless they've been made on line. You should always keep your ticket stubs.

Does anyone know if i can use my stubbs to get priority tickets next year even if my name isnt on the database as ive rarely been to get my own and whoever has got them hasnt given my name?

Yes walshy i had a few ticket stubbs which had not been on my database when i phoned up and i took my stubs in and " so they say " they have added on my points so should be no problem there

Yes walshy i had a few ticket stubbs which had not been on my database when i phoned up and i took my stubs in and " so they say " they have added on my points so should be no problem there

Ok mate cheers for that

Doesnt say anything about having a season ticket to gain priority are they actually going to scrap that then?

I emailed them querying this and they confirmed that it wasn't exclusive to season ticket holders next year. Living in Manchester and having been to enough away games for Priority 1, i'm very happy about this :D

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed them querying this and they confirmed that it wasn't exclusive to season ticket holders next year. Living in Manchester and having been to enough away games for Priority 1, i'm very happy about this :D

I think this is a mistake if true. Season ticket holders are the core of our support and should always be given priority IMO.

(And that is coming from someone who is a season ticket holder and already priority 1 btw)

I think this is a mistake if true. Season ticket holders are the core of our support and should always be given priority IMO.

(And that is coming from someone who is a season ticket holder and already priority 1 btw)

Yes but hows that fair for example, a non ST holder goes 10 away games but has to wait till the friday to get tickets, whereas someone who may not have even gone an away game has the chance to get 2 days before if they have a ST.

I understand ST holders having extras etc but i think it shouldnt entital them to preferencial treatment when it comes to away games.

Yes but hows that fair for example, a non ST holder goes 10 away games but has to wait till the friday to get tickets, whereas someone who may not have even gone an away game has the chance to get 2 days before if they have a ST.

I understand ST holders having extras etc but i think it shouldnt entital them to preferencial treatment when it comes to away games.

It is a tough one to be fair. I imagine I'll be priority two next season. Still up for debate as to whether I'll renew or not. Probably 70/30 in favour of not renewing at the mo. Needing a ST to ensure my priority 2 status next season would swing things quite a bit. But I still know plenty of STH who don't go to aways so could still be Priority 3 next season

Maybe there should be a priority system that kicks in after season ticket holder priority but before general sale, such as:

ST Holder 1

ST Holder 2

ST Holder 3

Non ST Holder (10 or more games)

Non ST Holder (5 or more games)

Members

General sale

But season ticket holders are deserving of their priority.Season ticket holders put money in upfront at the start of every season and they are the ones that ensure home attendances won't fluctuate massively over the course of the season through providing a core that are commiting to go to all/most home fixtures. Unless it's a cup game we don't benefit a great deal from a hefty away following so in cold, harsh reality it's not really loyalty in the sense that the club doesn't gain much through it financially and they are always most likely to reward those who give them the most money.

We can all claim that attending x amount of games and travelling x amount of miles across the country is true loyalty but if we're being honest lumping several hundred pounds down and attending every home match with a season ticket is a greater commitment.

Like I say I'm a season ticket holder and a priority one. I'd lose nothing were the system to be based purely on away followings. But I would also be able to accept the fact that, were I not a season ticket holder (for whatever reason), I would be relinquishing my right to priority on away tickets.

Maybe there should be a priority system that kicks in after season ticket holder priority but before general sale, such as:

ST Holder 1

ST Holder 2

ST Holder 3

Non ST Holder (10 or more games)

Non ST Holder (5 or more games)

Members

General sale

But season ticket holders are deserving of their priority.Season ticket holders put money in upfront at the start of every season and they are the ones that ensure home attendances won't fluctuate massively over the course of the season through providing a core that are commiting to go to all/most home fixtures. Unless it's a cup game we don't benefit a great deal from a hefty away following so in cold, harsh reality it's not really loyalty in the sense that the club doesn't gain much through it financially and they are always most likely to reward those who give them the most money.

We can all claim that attending x amount of games and travelling x amount of miles across the country is true loyalty but if we're being honest lumping several hundred pounds down and attending every home match with a season ticket is a greater commitment.

Like I say I'm a season ticket holder and a priority one. I'd lose nothing were the system to be based purely on away followings. But I would also be able to accept the fact that, were I not a season ticket holder (for whatever reason), I would be relinquishing my right to priority on away tickets.

That system would be fairer than our current one defintely. One example of our current system, say someone lives in a city and always goes to away game there, what happens when we need to win there for the promotion he wont be able to go because people who havent been a game an away game will just jump in take the tickets etc.

I appreciate that ST holders do and should imo have bonus, probably better than offer now but just because you have one i dont think it should entitle you to away game priority.

Maybe for some ST holders having this priority is what tips the balance in them buying the ST, many ST holders buy even though they know they can't attend every home game (so many are not at 3pm Sat) but still buy because it gives them their Away Priority status, I suspect this might lose them a few ST sales, it's certainly another thing I shall into account before renewing.

Maybe for some ST holders having this priority is what tips the balance in them buying the ST, many ST holders buy even though they know they can't attend every home game (so many are not at 3pm Sat) but still buy because it gives them their Away Priority status, I suspect this might lose them a few ST sales, it's certainly another thing I shall into account before renewing.

So you don't need an ST to have priority on away tickets anymore?

Interesting.

i think it should be first come gets them, it would be fairer to the people who cant get a season ticket because of work or cant get to alot of away game.

the only time maybe do the priority list is when we play a big game like chelsea and man city in fa cups and that.

Someones got their wires crosssed somewhere.

ST still gives you priority for aways.

If this is true then great, then if not it's an issue. I travel up from London to home games, have a season ticket (2 including my old mans) and one of the big perks for me is the away game priority. Getting priority on away games (mainly London / South East) games and not having to drive 2 hours each way is like a little reward for the hard work going to home games. If that's taken away then the season ticket package loses value for me, although its too late for next season as I have already renewed.

Similarly, season ticket holders deserve priority over members / general public, simply because of the amount of money they part with before the season has even started

Archived