Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NottsFox

Boycott - Leeds Away

We really do have the most hormonal and stupid fans out there. 'Oh no we didn't get promoted, lets stop watching them play'. You shouldn't bother going to any of the matches...go get a season ticket at man united. Feckin morons.

Happy with mediocrity?

No wonder owners laugh at us football fans while they get the ££££

We dont owe the Club fcuk all.

Is it in the Bible or Koran which states YOU MUST continue to pour money into you chosen club no matter what?

Its only football.

Its only 11 "men V another 11 "men" trying to whack a bag of air into a net!

Bill Shankley was the biggest cu.nt when he said it was more important than life or death...it aint!

...Visitors area: Paddock, Entrance 1 & 2, Area C16, Row RR... Adult £36.00

One fan standing (at least one).

Don't worry boys and girls, I'll sing my heart out for you :chant::scarf:

You want a fcuking medal?

Guest MattP

We really do have the most hormonal and stupid fans out there. 'Oh no we didn't get promoted, lets stop watching them play'. You shouldn't bother going to any of the matches...go get a season ticket at man united. Feckin morons.

Yeah the ones not paying 36 to go are the morons.

Ken Bates can sit there laughing in your face and you would still go.

Yeah the ones not paying 36 to go are the morons.

Ken Bates can sit there laughing in your face and you would still go.

Not being funny Matt, but some people might say anyone putting £1000 on a horse was a moron too...

At the end of the day people are choosing to go because they want to. It's their choice, and they don't deserve to be called a mug or a moron for doing so.

People will boycott this cos Lids are charging £35?

What will folk do IF we get to the promised land of the Premier League and Arsenal want to charge £50 for a 5pm kick off on Sunday?

Also,do not Lids fans themselves have to pay £35 to watch that shower of shite every week?

Im afriad this is the way football is going,Tis all about ££££ and $$$$$

I shan't be paying those figures if we get to the PL, I refuse to pay what Leeds or any other club are charging where I consider it to be extortionate, Promotion will probably mean the end of my away day trips and if LCFC decide to match those figures for home games I wont be going to them either.

The simple fact is fans are being ripped off because clubs know we're addicted to them, they're not interested in full houses because they know that even if they keep putting the prices up and lose some fans on the way they'll still take more or less the same money from the fans coming to the game.

Up until last year my son used to go regularly, going back he used to go with 10 of his mates, he was the last of the ten still going, he's now stopped. They've all stopped because they've been alienated by the club and football in general by their pricing and treatment of fans.

It doesn't help either with the way football is now administered but if they insist on having such an unbalanced money orientated set up where fans are the last consideration and charge extortionate prices then that'll be me out.

Guest MattP

Not being funny Matt, but some people might say anyone putting £1000 on a horse was a moron too...

At the end of the day people are choosing to go because they want to. It's their choice, and they don't deserve to be called a mug or a moron for doing so.

lol lol In all fairness that was winnings I was playing with, if someone wins £800 on the football and decides to spend £100 on it in Leeds then why not. That WAS a moronic bet, I had to do it though, Kauto deserved it.

I know a guy working overtime to go, for me that is mad.

Like Davie says above, clubs charge this because fans are addicted to their team, they aren't better than a heroin dealer charging whatever they want as their customers need a fix.

Guest MattP

Just out of curiosity, those who are choosing to 'boycott', how many away games do you attend a season?

Most of those that seem to still be going are the ones who make more or less every away match anyway from what I can gather. Nobody I know who goes regularly has chosen to boycott this due to pricing.

Thought I'd turn this question on it's head.

How many of the ones going have been to games in Spain, Germany and France?, reason I ask is that all the ones I know and seem to be going only really follow Leicester and only go to games involving us, maybe they don't know how much they are actually being ripped off compared to elsewhere?

When I was a young guy I went virtually every game regarding price, then I found a little paradise called Hamburg in Germany, went to football and watched brilliant top tier games standing up with a beer for 15 euros.

My attitude has never been the same since.

Thought I'd turn this question on it's head.

How many of the ones going have been to games in Spain, Germany and France?, reason I ask is that all the ones I know and seem to be going only really follow Leicester and only go to games involving us, maybe they don't know how much they are actually being ripped off compared to elsewhere?

When I was a young guy I went virtually every game regarding price, then I found a little paradise called Hamburg in Germany, went to football and watched brilliant top tier games standing up with a beer for 15 euros.

My attitude has never been the same since.

I realise what you're saying but it's not really an option for most people to go an watch football in Europe.

Leicester is most people's only opportunity to watch football live. It's not like they can go and support someone else.

and you bet a grand on Kauto?! :blink:lol

Guest MattP

I realise what you're saying but it's not really an option for most people to go an watch football in Europe.

Leicester is most people's only opportunity to watch football live. It's not like they can go and support someone else.

and you bet a grand on Kauto?! :blink:lol

Come on, surely at some point most people have been in a European town where a game has been on? We're not that insular in Leicester surely!

Yeah, I put the slip up in the Cheltenham thread lol Combination of loyalty to a horse, a lot of drink and a good first few days at the meeting lol

Come on, surely at some point most people have been in a European town where a game has been on? We're not that insular in Leicester surely!

Yeah, I put the slip up in the Cheltenham thread lol Combination of loyalty to a horse, a lot of drink and a good first few days at the meeting lol

haha crazy :) I do love Kauto, I hope he retires, he's had his day now and it'd be shame if he ended his career running a few poor races or even worse if he hurt himself. Legend.

People may well have been to a match in Europe yes but on a regular basis no so whilst it can open your eyes it can't really convince a lot of people to stop going to watch Leicester. I mean I know it's better for football fans in Europe, on the whole, I know I'm being ripped off, but If I want to go and watch a team every week and support them it's my only option. That is why Clubs can rip people off easily.

I'm still waiting to see the prices before deciding to get a season ticket but if I get a couple of months into the season and I start to miss it I'm in the shit, t'll cost me even more if I want to start going to every match again, I can't just decide to live in Germany and become a Hamburg supporter. Away games are pretty similar price too, Forest ans West Ham were £30 plus.

Guest MattP

Agree, though I spoke to Paul Nicholls at Ascot last week and the impression I got seems to be favouring one last tilt at the King George.

I'd love to be able to watch continental football every week, just a bit too much about the countryside I'd miss here though, like you said when you go you really realise how much you are being ripped off in every way shape and form of football here, terrible.

Anyway let's see how many we sell for Leeds, I won't refer to them as morons again but I get the feeling anyone going would actually pay £49 if Bates decided to do it, stopping these prices in England in a hopeless cause.

Agree, though I spoke to Paul Nicholls at Ascot last week and the impression I got seems to be favouring one last tilt at the King George.

I'd love to be able to watch continental football every week, just a bit too much about the countryside I'd miss here though, like you said when you go you really realise how much you are being ripped off in every way shape and form of football here, terrible.

Anyway let's see how many we sell for Leeds, I won't refer to them as morons again but I get the feeling anyone going would actually pay £49 if Bates decided to do it, stopping these prices in England in a hopeless cause.

It is, it will never ever change, theres just too many people willing to pay it, and the bottom line is thats ok, its a business and the clubs will only charge what the fans are willing to pay, we all have options to either pay it or not. The only problem I have is with those who pay and then moan about the price.

Yeh there will always be a few who will do anything to go I suppose, if not to every game for certain ones at least. I can't see the appeal at all either, but each to their own.

And I think 5 King George's is taking the piss enough ;) I just hope he retires in good health.

People really do have more money than sense these days if they would honestly be happy mugging themselves off at half a ton every week just to watch top flight football in Leicester.

Can see local non-league clubs benefitting from the custom of more sensible Leicester fans in future though, which can only be a good thing for the sport as a whole.

Archived