Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NottsFox

Boycott - Leeds Away

Just out of curiosity, those who are choosing to 'boycott', how many away games do you attend a season?

Most of those that seem to still be going are the ones who make more or less every away match anyway from what I can gather. Nobody I know who goes regularly has chosen to boycott this due to pricing.

Just out of curiosity, those who are choosing to 'boycott', how many away games do you attend a season?

Most of those that seem to still be going are the ones who make more or less every away match anyway from what I can gather. Nobody I know who goes regularly has chosen to boycott this due to pricing.

And there lies the problem.

I disagree with the price Leeds are charging but would be a hypocrite if I boycotted this having paid £32 at West Ham, £31 at Ipswich and £30 at various other clubs. Leeds price is not significlntly different to other clubs in this division including ours to prompt a boycott against them as a single club in my opinion.

A mass demonstration against football ticket prices in general would be a different matter, thousands of us decending on the F.A. would be something I would join in gladly. A mass boycott by all teams in a division for a particular set of games would also be good.

I wasn't going to go anyway but I intend to boycott because it sounds more glamorous than my excuse for 22 of the 23 away league games this season of "I can't be arsed to go"

I've been to 9 away games this season and was hoping to make 10 with what was built to be a great way to end the season, with something to play for, or not at a proper ground like Elland Road. I was looking forward to Kasper and Beckford returning to Elland Road and for a decent atmosphere, but the Bates, the fat shit has completely ruined that. The £36 for adults is a disgrace, but £25 for an U16? Are you ****ing serious?

I've been appalled at Leeds' home attendances but it's plain to see why, and apparently it's cheaper for them. The sooner Bates ****s off, the better, but he's not the only one.

I'm 18, but when I started going to away games regularly at 14/15 and this is just awful. How is a 14 year old supposed to stump up £25 + travel expenses for a meaningless game?

Absolute joke.

I'll go if I win £30+ on a bet, scratchcard or lottery, but otherwise, I'd much rather put it towards a night out.

I have been to every away game league or cup except for Burnley. I will not be going to Leeds whether it means anything or not. Pay me £36 quid to go and i might consider it.

I disagree with the price Leeds are charging but would be a hypocrite if I boycotted this having paid £32 at West Ham, £31 at Ipswich and £30 at various other clubs. Leeds price is not significlntly different to other clubs in this division including ours to prompt a boycott against them as a single club in my opinion.

A mass demonstration against football ticket prices in general would be a different matter, thousands of us decending on the F.A. would be something I would join in gladly. A mass boycott by all teams in a division for a particular set of games would also be good.

Good point actually, would love to see some of that happen

I'm confused now, should I go or not :o

Why does unreachable only ever pop up on these sorts of threads?

Y'know, the one where pretty much everyone agrees that supporters are being taken for fools, and he rides in on his white charger to defend the honour of the poor, impoverished and beleaguered hierarchical figures at the club?

troll-face-high-resolution-300x244.png

Bilo, on 11 April 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

£36 is a disgrace but unfortunately I'm inclined to agree with Ric. We need as many fans as we can with vociferous support if we need the points for the play-offs. Elland Road might be a shocker of an away day, but this could be vital. Bin it off if we're nowhere near the play-offs though, come to Skeggy for the weekend or something.

Posted in Tickets Leeds Away warning thread.

You really should try to be consistent with your views dear.

£36 is a disgrace but unfortunately I'm inclined to agree with Ric. We need as many fans as we can with vociferous support if we need the points for the play-offs. Elland Road might be a shocker of an away day, but this could be vital. Bin it off if we're nowhere near the play-offs though, come to Skeggy for the weekend or something.

He did say bin it we're nowhere near play offs so he is remaining consistent, he's not going because its a more than likely meaningless game

£36 - not going cos it's not good value for money. PS been to most away games and mostly come back disappointed so rather than fill Bates' pocket on a meaningless game, I'll stay at home.

This This and This! It's a joke the ground is falling apart, The seats are too tight to sit but you get ejected if you try to stand and not to mention the money we'd give to Bates! I'd rather give £36 to Ian Stringer for his marathon run and put some money back into our own community. To reiterate i'm not going to this because of the price i paid £30+ For West ham because the ground was well kept the players on show are quality and it was VALUE for my hard earned money, Leeds are purely doing this to sap as much money out of us as possible because they know we travel well and they know we might have something to play for, FVCK THEM!. Also my aways this year a long with all home games as i am an STH

Kettering Pre season

Cov, Rotherham, Forest, Barnsley, Brum, West ham, pompey, hull, donny, forest, norwich, Chelski, Milwall

I think this is a fair point. If you REALLY believe in protesting against Leeds ticket prices you can't then go back on it if the game means something. Especially when people are calling each other "mugs" left right and center for being loyal supporters. There's a massive contradiction in there.

For any change to happen people would have to put aside their support for their CLUB in favour of support for the GAME as a whole. I really can't see that happening in this country any time soon though.

Guest BlueBrett

This year I've been to 11. It's the first year I've really had the cash and independence to be able to get to more than a few and I don't feel like ending it on the sour note of being mugged by Ken Bates. If a miracle happens and we somehow have a chance on final day I'll swallow it and be there but if the opportunity to boycott a meaningless game arises I'll most certainly be doing that instead.

I think this is a fair point. If you REALLY believe in protesting against Leeds ticket prices you can't then go back on it if the game means something. Especially when people are calling each other "mugs" left right and center for being loyal supporters. There's a massive contradiction in there.

For any change to happen people would have to put aside their support for their CLUB in favour of support for the GAME as a whole. I really can't see that happening in this country any time soon though.

I don't see the contradiction? Something on it = turn on and cheer on the boys to success - probably sing a number of anti-Ken chants, nothing on it = open goal to score a political point.

Surely you can understand that people have a tendency to make different decisions in differing circumstances?

This year I've been to 11. It's the first year I've really had the cash and independence to be able to get to more than a few and I don't feel like ending it on the sour note of being mugged by Ken Bates. If a miracle happens and we somehow have a chance on final day I'll swallow it and be there but if the opportunity to boycott a meaningless game arises I'll most certainly be doing that instead.

I don't see the contradiction? Something on it = turn on and cheer on the boys to success - probably sing a number of anti-Ken chants, nothing on it = open goal to score a political point.

Surely you can understand that people have a tendency to make different decisions in differing circumstances?

My point is that people get passionately angry about the state of the modern game but when an opportunity comes to do something about it they put caveats around the action they are willing to take.

If people really want any change, if they are that opposed to Ken Bates then it shouldn't matter what position Leicester are in come match day because these issues should transcend the short term "success" of Leicester and actually be about changing the industry as a whole.

I don't see why someone who goes to the game with nothing riding on it is any more a mug than someone who goes to the game with the chance of a play off place at stake. Either you take action or you don't.

You keep mentioning the fact that there's nothing to play for, which goes back to the point I made initially - there wouldn't be this reaction to pricing if our season was still alive. Most people moaning in here would pay it.

If you aren't going to the game out of principle due to the pricing, that should hold true regardless of the situation of the match. It shouldn't matter if there's anything to play for or if you can stand up or not.

It's just been made easier for people to moan about the pricing because of the situation both teams find themselves in. If we needed to win this match to get into playoffs there wouldn't be a mention of a boycott.

Do you not consider that it's the last game of the season? If there's something to play for, then yes, it's more understandable that people will go purely because it could be season defining.

If it was the first game of the season, and we were charged £36, I'd tell them where to go. Make that any other game for that matter, there's a difference between the sides you mention like West Ham and Barnsley, who've gone there and been taken the piss of for normal fixtures, but it could've been season defining, so I can sort of see why people wouldn't want to miss that.

£36 on the last day of the season, to be treated like absolute shit, to watch most likely a shit game. I can only assume the ones going are the ones who've never been before, it's the most wrong away day in the league, by an absolute stretch.

I've been planning a boycott this season for this game and I've been to Coventry, Rotherham, Bury, Forest, Barnsley, Cardiff, Birmingham, West Ham, Burnley, Portsmouth, Hull, Doncaster, Palace, Forest, Southampton, Brighton, Watford, Derby, Bristol City, Chelsea, Peterborough and Millwall, to answer your question.

I disagree personally. You could argue the £32 at West Ham isn't much different to the £28 for Middlesbrough, which isn't much different to the £24 for Brighton, which isn't much different to the £20 for Peterborough.

Leeds deserve singling out IMO. Not only do they charge the worst price but their clubs attitude to supporters is an absolute disgrace and how it continues to go on is beyond me. It's absolutely appalling.

Guest BlueBrett

My point is that people get passionately angry about the state of the modern game but when an opportunity comes to do something about it they put caveats around the action they are willing to take.

I know where you're coming from and in fairness if Ken Bates had access to the inner workings of my mind it would weaken my position considerably. He doesn't though and I think to many fans the 'opportunity' to do something will only really present itself if there is nothing on the game. If we can still do something come final day then we would just be cutting off our noses to spite our faces in not turning up.

You think a 12.5% increase on the next most expensive ticket is insignificant? I take it you don't run a business.

I have been to every away game league or cup except for Burnley. I will not be going to Leeds whether it means anything or not. Pay me £36 quid to go and i might consider it.

I wouldn't.

I wouldn't go if I was a millionaire. Honestly mean that.

I have not given the club any money for two seasons. I certainly wont give ridiculous sums to Bates. I urge others who are concerned about the game to do the same.

It doesn't mean that this is not my club, it is - but I refuse to support what is happening.

I am backing this boycott all day long.

Of course there's the argument that if this was an important fixture then everybody will shell out but that the whole point! Firstly, Bates has seen this opportunity and so has decided to exploit this potential situation and secondly as Bilo previously mentioned, the highly unlikeliness of the match meaning something has given us the perfect opportunity to protest against the prices. It has nothing to do with loyalty, I was planning to go to Leeds and I've been to 10 away games this season but bollocks to £36 quid for an 18-year old.

Your better off sticking the £36 on a 0-0 bore draw.

I disagree personally. You could argue the £32 at West Ham isn't much different to the £28 for Middlesbrough, which isn't much different to the £24 for Brighton, which isn't much different to the £20 for Peterborough.

Leeds deserve singling out IMO. Not only do they charge the worst price but their clubs attitude to supporters is an absolute disgrace and how it continues to go on is beyond me. It's absolutely appalling.

It's important to consider the percentages here - 36 is 30% greater than 28

That's a huge difference with no justification IMO

Archived