Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NottsFox

Boycott - Leeds Away

Until we live in a totalitarian state or the Football League and Premier League fix prices then clubs will charge what the market will pay.

I certainly prefer paying high prices at Leicester when we have ambitious owners than the days when we were almost broke and picking up free transfers and loans in Kelly's days - still that's another argument.

Jog on Ken Bates.

Until we live in a totalitarian state or the Football League and Premier League fix prices then clubs will charge what the market will pay.

I certainly prefer paying high prices at Leicester when we have ambitious owners than the days when we were almost broke and picking up free transfers and loans in Kelly's days - still that's another argument.

:nono: you are the perfect example of the typical English football fan.

Just out of interest what is your limit £100, £150?

I won't be blaming anybody but will decide whether I think it is worth it or not. We just have different views I suppose. I look at the total day's expenditure and you isolate the ticket price from the rest.

WHAT??

Ok say you go shopping, you have a set budget for your shopping, you get all your usual things but when you go to pick up your PG Tips they've jacked the price up to £15 a box, would you go, "well it still fits into my budget and I do love PG Tips" or would you go "That's way more than I'm willing to pay for some teabags and surely if enough people don't buy them PG will have to come to their senses and bring the price down or they'll go out of business"??

So you don't go to any away games then?

Even Peterborough cost me over £50 travel included.

I do, provided the tickets are reasonable. I'm not as bothered by the trains, that's out of the clubs control - I assumed he meant just for the ticket given Leeds will cost well over £50 for anyone going from Leicester, it'd cost me over £40 including travel and I live a couple of minutes train ride away.

Edit:

It's nice to see you can't justify what you think is a fair price to pay for a ticket for a football match when that is the substance of the thread.

Err, I think you'll find I've kinda already justified why I won't pay this much for a game. Did you miss the bit about prices in the German top-flight against prices in the second tier here?

Why are we talking about principles here?

My principles are I'll do what I like when I like and I'll spend however much or little of my money as I want.

Not doing something you enjoy out of 'principle' is not doing anyone any good.

As I said before, I'm not going because I've been to about 7 away games this season and only enjoyed 1, and that's with something to play for and amongst some fans with some hope of promotion.

You can't have a go at someone who wants to go to the football, people can do what they like and spend their money how they want to.

Why are we talking about principles here?

My principles are I'll do what I like when I like and I'll spend however much or little of my money as I want.

Not doing something you enjoy out of 'principle' is not doing anyone any good.

As I said before, I'm not going because I've been to about 7 away games this season and only enjoyed 1, and that's with something to play for and amongst some fans with some hope of promotion.

You can't have a go at someone who wants to go to the football, people can do what they like and spend their money how they want to.

Who's saying he can't go?

Not understanding why other's wouldn't go is the problem.

I don't think you get what principles are then.

I do, provided the tickets are reasonable. I'm not as bothered by the trains, that's out of the clubs control - I assumed he meant just for the ticket given Leeds will cost well over £50 for anyone going from Leicester, it'd cost me over £40 including travel and I live a couple of minutes train ride away.

Edit:

Err, I think you'll find I've kinda already justified why I won't pay this much for a game. Did you miss the bit about prices in the German top-flight against prices in the second tier here?

So where's your principles in regards to trains then? The prices for them are well over the top, for the average away game (in my experience anyway) they're just as expensive as the average ticket. So why aren't you bothered about them?

WHAT??

Ok say you go shopping, you have a set budget for your shopping, you get all your usual things but when you go to pick up your PG Tips they've jacked the price up to £15 a box, would you go, "well it still fits into my budget and I do love PG Tips" or would you go "That's way more than I'm willing to pay for some teabags and surely if enough people don't buy them PG will have to come to their senses and bring the price down or they'll go out of business"??

I rarely drink tea and would just buy a cheaper brand. Watching Leicester is different - TINA.

Whose saying he can't go?

Not understanding why other's wouldn't go is the problem.

I don't think you get what principles are then.

Al is suggesting with his 'people like you' comment that he shouldn't be going for the good of fans overall.

No point not doing stuff you like just to spite other people is my point. If people want to go, I respect that, can't understand why someone would want to go to this particular game but if you're still enjoying it and you think it's worth the money fair enough. Why should someone get slated because they don't want to go along with this boycott (which, lets face it, is unlikely to make a difference)?

No it's no, there isn't the option of a cheaper brand, unless you start supporting a different team.

But tea isn't a football club. It's go to the football or don't go.

With tea, it's either pay the price because it's the best brand, get a cheaper one because it's better value, or don't have tea for a while.

Personally I hate tea so it's not much an issue for me ;)

A train to Leeds from Harborough = £44

Assuming I'd pay adults tickets (because I'm supposed to. ticket = £36

I make it that £80 without food, drink etc

so there you go :)

You're not taking into account the sharing of petrol expenses. £75 was a ball park figure for home matches including travelling expenses.

Why talk about train tickets when Fox Travel would be cheaper? I don't follow your figures.

So where's your principles in regards to trains then? The prices for them are well over the top, for the average away game (in my experience anyway) they're just as expensive as the average ticket. So why aren't you bothered about them?

I said I'm not as bothered - If the prices are ridiculous in the extreme (For instance, let's suppose we made the play-offs and drew Southampton - I'd be looking at about £100 in travel - that's excessive) then I won't go, but I'm more concerned about the con that is match ticket prices, because when I get to the point where I've graduated, and living back in Leicester - I want prices to be sensible enough for me to go along and support my team.

Bringing tea into the argument isn't helping.

You don't quite grasp how analogies work do you?

People are perfectly entitled to go to the match, but they have absolutely no leg to stand on come the time ticket prices are tipping over £40.

If you can't understand why others wouldn't want to go OUT OF PRINCIPLE then there's nothing I can do for you.

*Note to self* Don't try to use analogies when arguing with idiots.

You're not taking into account the sharing of petrol expenses. £75 was a ball park figure for home matches including travelling expenses.

Why talk about train tickets when Fox Travel would be cheaper? I don't follow your figures.

Fox Travel is annoying, inconvinient and leaves no time for pub.

You don't follow? There's only 2 fvcking numbers..

People are perfectly entitled to go to the match, but they have absolutely no leg to stand on come the time ticket prices are tipping over £40.

If you can't understand why others wouldn't want to go OUT OF PRINCIPLE then there's nothing I can do for you.

*Note to self* Don't try to use analogies when arguing with idiots.

If I choose to spend £40 per ticket why shouldn't I? It's my decision. Your problem is that we all have different opinions - attaching football ticket prices to "principles" is tenuous in the extreme. You shouldn't get into a tantrum if you can't make a good argument - just treat it as a learning process.

If I choose to spend £40 per ticket why shouldn't I? It's my decision. Your problem is that we all have different opinions - attaching football ticket prices to "principles" is tenuous in the extreme. You shouldn't get into a tantrum if you can't make a good argument - just treat it as a learning process.

What is the point of not going to Leeds United if we beat Burnley and West Ham United and the other teams lose/drop points making a win a possibility of getting into the play offs?

Will all the so-called principled boycotters then not go? I doubt it - they'll be queuing up for tickets. As supporters aren't you supposed to support your team?

Anyway, the cost of going to an away match is dependent on travelling costs as well not just the cost of a ticket.

I'd happily pay £50 if I witnessed us getting into the play-offs.

At no point did I tell you, you couldn't go, I was trying to explain to you why other's won't go.

If you can't understand any of that, then there really is little point in trying to simplify it any more for you.

Have fun at the match safe in the knowledge you paid just the right amount for it and will continue to in the future as that price rises because you're a supporter and thats what supporters do.

Unbelievable.

At no point did I tell you, you couldn't go, I was trying to explain to you why other's won't go.

If you can't understand any of that, then there really is little point in trying to simplify it any more for you.

Have fun at the match safe in the knowledge you paid just the right amount for it and will continue to in the future as that price rises because you're a supporter and thats what supporters do.

Unbelievable.

You can't possibly explain in a generalisation why other people will or will not do things. You aren't inside their heads.

My decision to go will be based upon the possibility of us getting into the play-offs and not the price.

Archived