Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NottsFox

Boycott - Leeds Away

Guest MattP

Just out of curiosity, those who are choosing to 'boycott', how many away games do you attend a season?

Most of those that seem to still be going are the ones who make more or less every away match anyway from what I can gather. Nobody I know who goes regularly has chosen to boycott this due to pricing.

Around 12-14 usually, less this season as I have been aghast at what is going on and with the people running the football club.

The one's go every week are the mugs, loyal mugs yes, but when you pay £36 to watch a friendly, well, there is no other term you can use.

Guest MattP

Bates would prefer no away fans at Elland Road. A boycott plays straight into his hands.

How do you work that nonsense out?

Please don't use police costs either, that's organised at least 4 weeks in advance.

Dan LCFC has spoken a lot of sense in this thread.

He has refused to attend this fixture for many weeks now and has my upmost respect for his principles, his decision to stay away has not been influenced by the 'importance' of the game and although we disagree on certain aspects I applaud his consistency.

How do you work that nonsense out?

Please don't use police costs either, that's organised at least 4 weeks in advance.

He would prefer the ground to be full of Leeds fans and more intimidating to away teams. So he's putting every legal obstacle in our way that he can.

He can then ingratiate himself with his own fans (many of whom will fall for his yarns) by praising their loyalty and noting how fickle their rivals are.

And judging by the comments above, he may just have a point.

He would prefer the ground to be full of Leeds fans and more intimidating to away teams. So he's putting every legal obstacle in our way that he can.

He can then ingratiate himself with his own fans (many of whom will fall for his yarns) by praising their loyalty and noting how fickle their rivals are.

lol

Guest MattP

Are you actually on a wind up here?

You think Ken Bates cares about Leeds Utd? You think he wants the ground full for a pointless game when he has told them not to come before? You think his previous suggests he cares what they think of him?

Incredible.

Are you actually on a wind up here?

You think Ken Bates cares about Leeds Utd? You think he wants the ground full for a pointless game when he has told them not to come before? You think his previous suggests he cares what they think of him?

Incredible.

I agree he has pissed their fans off and managed to lower the attendance of one of the best supported clubs in the country.

:crylaugh:

Are you having a larffff?

I think you will find that he would rather nobody spoke at all in a football ground than to make Elland Road intimidating for away fans lol

Have you been hiding in a hole recently? The Leeds fans hate Ken Bates and he couldn't give a toss what they think.

No wonder Politics is in the state it is with people like you as Mayor...

Just asked a Watford fan on twitter

@NorthStandChat Did you go to Leeds away? they want to charge us £36 a ticket. Do you know how much they wanted from you

@thatpoliticsguy It was the same, from what I remember. Standard price for the Champions of Europe...

Shocking...

Guest parky0607

I wonder if people are still wanting to pay £36 to watch a repeat of that dismal Burnley game... dear me.

People will boycott this cos Lids are charging £35?

What will folk do IF we get to the promised land of the Premier League and Arsenal want to charge £50 for a 5pm kick off on Sunday?

Also,do not Lids fans themselves have to pay £35 to watch that shower of shite every week?

Im afriad this is the way football is going,Tis all about ££££ and $$$$$

Also it's a 12:30 kick off, how are we suppose to get there for that time. Plus they move the kick off forward to avoid trouble however there still going to be fans in the city after the game, so there might be trouble anyway. I know mate of mine who bought a ticket for Leeds before tonights game and returned it after the final whistle. Anyway the play offs isn't over for me the Boro boys are on there way to the play offs SO COME BOROUGH! :scarf:

What will folk do IF we get to the promised land of the Premier League and Arsenal want to charge £50 for a 5pm kick off on Sunday?

Also,do not Lids fans themselves have to pay £35 to watch that shower of shite every week?

I'd pay £50 to watch premier league, I'm not paying £36 to sit in a falling down barn that hasn't had any renovation since it was built being told by SS officer stewards to "zit down ur be ejected at once!" When the seats are too bloody low and cramped to even sit down. I'd rather give the money to Birch in his marathon run at West ham on Monday which i am going to do. The money will go to our own community instead of Bates back greedy pocket

Dan LCFC has spoken a lot of sense in this thread.

What I like to read. ;)

He has refused to attend this fixture for many weeks now and has my upmost respect for his principles, his decision to stay away has not been influenced by the 'importance' of the game and although we disagree on certain aspects I applaud his consistency.

Fair play. If I'm totally honest to you, I'm surprised you're going, but its your choice at the end of the day. I just don't see the appeal in the slightest personally.

lol

That is surely, absolutely surely a wind-up.

You know what I'll do? Watch the fvcker on TV. I don't give a shit lol £50 for a TV game, yeh fvcking right.

You go on like we should pay up just because Leeds fans do - and the fact is, look at their crowds, they don't pay up, under 20k for a Saturday game just gone, that's a joke.

It's all about football/money because we've got absolute arseholes running it and we've got too many people who play into their hands, I'm afraid.

We really do have the most hormonal and stupid fans out there. 'Oh no we didn't get promoted, lets stop watching them play'. You shouldn't bother going to any of the matches...go get a season ticket at man united. Feckin morons.

We really do have the most hormonal and stupid fans out there. 'Oh no we didn't get promoted, lets stop watching them play'. You shouldn't bother going to any of the matches...go get a season ticket at man united. Feckin morons.

re·al·ism

noun /ˈrēəˌlizəm/ 

The attitude or practice of accepting a situation as it is and being prepared to deal with it accordingly

Archived