Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NottsFox

Boycott - Leeds Away

You can't possibly explain in a generalisation why other people will or will not do things. You aren't inside their heads.

My decision to go will be based upon the possibility of us getting into the play-offs and not the price.

No I'm not but I can do this really weird thing, where I go back through a thread, read what other people have written, deduce what they mean by those words and then reconvey that to someone else.

You can't possibly explain in a generalisation why other people will or will not do things. You aren't inside their heads.

My decision to go will be based upon the possibility of us getting into the play-offs and not the price.

God knows how many people are banging their heads on their desks now.

Nobody's arguing your prerogative to go, I doubt they care. Everyone who is on the other side is saying that they think that that £36 is too expensive (which is a very fair point). Others will still think it is too expensive (such as Al) even if it was cheaper than that.

How is it this hard to understand that a lot of people don't value a football match at £36?

No I'm not but I can do this really weird thing, where I go back through a thread, read what other people have written, deduce what they mean by those words and then reconvey that to someone else.

Thank you so much for the valuable service you have provided.

Regardless of the price there will be around 1000 diehard fans there at least.

Leeds won't know we're boycotting them, they'll just think we've got shit support.

It'll also hurt our impressive away attendance average.

That's actually a really good point. I always look forward to when my "Impressive Away Attendance" supporters rosette comes in the post so I can wear it out and all those Leeds fans can't laugh at me because we don't have shit support.

God knows how many people are banging their heads on their desks now.

Nobody's arguing your prerogative to go, I doubt they care. Everyone who is on the other side is saying that they think that that £36 is too expensive (which is a very fair point). Others will still think it is too expensive (such as Al) even if it was cheaper than that.

How is it this hard to understand that a lot of people don't value a football match at £36?

Because no one has yet explained what price they think is a fair price.

Apparently the players will be showing their solidarity with the boycott by playing like absolute shit.

They've done this at most away games this season out of respect for the loyal away following. Konchesky's V sign's were aimed at some fan who demanded that ticket prices be higher.

£36. thats just the match ticket. what will that get me?

1) A lovely, atmosphere killing early kick off, not leaving much time for a drink, banter, or generally travelling to the game at a pleasant time

2) A ''terrific'' view in one of the most out of date away ends in the league, nicely pigeonholed and cramped by the cornerflag on those stupid yellow seats, where the stands concourse resembles a dank underground carpark and the smell of urine is almost pungent

3) A 90 minute second rate league fixture featuring two teams fighting it out in the dizzy heights of mid table who's only motivation probably is to not get injured and jeopardise that monday morning flight to an ibiza beach

4) The satisfaction of lining the pockets of the oh so noble owner Ken Bates, and the pleasure in sending out the message that we will eventually make sure pricing makes football a minority sport.

So then add your travel and matchday spend on top of that and youve got yourself a cracking little away day...................

or not.

I think a few pints, a nice vindaloo and the rest of the money in my pocket sounds better to me.

Because no one has yet explained what price they think is a fair price.

Because. It's. Different. For. Every. Person.

Doesn't the fact that the majority of people in this thread think it's too much and only a small amount including yourself think it's acceptable show that they might be too high.

I'd say Al had it about right. IMO £25 should be the maximum price for an adult ticket in this division.

Doesn't the fact that the majority of people in this thread think it's too much and only a small amount including yourself think it's acceptable show that they might be too high.

I'd say Al had it about right. IMO £25 should be the maximum price for an adult ticket in this division.

Were going on for a situation where £25 will be the cheapest ticket. Theres almost a sad inevitability about it

Why should £25 be the maximum price? I'd like to know.

Why should £25 be the maximum price? I'd like to know.

It doesnt HAVE to be the maximum price, but there comes a point where some people find it too expensive and cant justify the cost on 90 mins of football.

Now for you, fine, you may think £36 for a game is reasonable, and ive got no qualms about that whatsoever.

But these kind of prices run a significant risk of alienating fans who want to support their team but, in light of times being tight cant justify the cost.

Its not a slur on you that youre going to the game, fair play to you

4 away tickets to ''big'' teams at £36 becomes a whopping £144........on FOUR away games.

It doesnt HAVE to be the maximum price, but there comes a point where some people find it too expensive and cant justify the cost on 90 mins of football.

Now for you, fine, you may think £36 for a game is reasonable, and ive got no qualms about that whatsoever.

But these kind of prices run a significant risk of alienating fans who want to support their team but, in light of times being tight cant justify the cost.

Its not a slur on you that youre going to the game, fair play to you

4 away tickets to ''big'' teams at £36 becomes a whopping £144........on FOUR away games.

Perhaps I haven't made myself clear. I'm not saying £36 is reasonable. I'm saying that it is a price that I am prepared to pay because I enjoy watching football and may choose not to spend money on some other things.

What I find difficult is that people have a cut off point when it stops being justifiable because that that is such an arbitrary figure. For instance it's worth £24 but not worth £26. I find football a way of temporarily escaping one's every day problems.

Perhaps I haven't made myself clear. I'm not saying £36 is reasonable. I'm saying that it is a price that I am prepared to pay because I enjoy watching football and may choose not to spend money on some other things.

What I find difficult is that people have a cut off point when it stops being justifiable because that that is such an arbitrary figure. For instance it's worth £24 but not worth £26. I find football a way of temporarily escaping one's every day problems.

Basically you're blowing the whole idea of 'Budgets' out of the water. In any walk of life. You're saying people shouldn't have budgets...because they don't make sense.

What's wrong with people just doing what they want? If they think £25 is the most you should pay, why do you care? If they think £25 is the most you should pay but are happy to pay £27 one week, why do you care?

This should be good, when do you say no to a ticket if you don't believe in these 'arbitrary' limits?

I would have to agree with Haydos.

There comes a point where no matter the quality of the product, the loyalty you have to your club, there are things that have to come first before tickets to football.

You cant spend your money twice. And thats why people have limits........£25 yeah ill pay that..............£27 ohhh this is pushing it..............£30 crikey this will have to be a one off activity............£36? :o i cant afford that :(

Basically you're blowing the whole idea of 'Budgets' out of the water. In any walk of life. You're saying people shouldn't have budgets...because they don't make sense.

What's wrong with people just doing what they want? If they think £25 is the most you should pay, why do you care? If they think £25 is the most you should pay but are happy to pay £27 one week, why do you care?

This should be good, when do you say no to a ticket if you don't believe in these 'arbitrary' limits?

Perhaps I should just mind my own business but as a member of society it is nice to try to understand how the rest of the world thinks. Not everybody works on a tight budget down to the last few pounds a week.

That's actually a really good point. I always look forward to when my "Impressive Away Attendance" supporters rosette comes in the post so I can wear it out and all those Leeds fans can't laugh at me because we don't have shit support.

lol

lol at this.

Unreachable is on a total wind-up IMO. You cannot be this daft and actually be serious.

People totally fail to realise what is going on. I'd rather be a moaning cvnt than a total mug for paying £36 for this joke of a fixture. To answer your question Unreachable, what is the most I'd pay for this? Having experienced it before. £5. Not even joking. A nothing game where you get treated like utter shit.

Biggest farce since Ipswich away last season in the snow, if not a bigger farce than that. Anyone who goes I'm afraid fails to realise what an idiot they're being taken for by clubs.

Dear Mr Moaning Cvnt,

Find Yourself a decent job

Regards

Total Mug

PS My money, my choice

Dear Mug.

One day, you might wake up. So, whilst you aren't, what's the point in writing this.

Yours moaningly, "cvnt".

Why does unreachable only ever pop up on these sorts of threads?

Y'know, the one where pretty much everyone agrees that supporters are being taken for fools, and he rides in on his white charger to defend the honour of the poor, impoverished and beleaguered hierarchical figures at the club?

troll-face-high-resolution-300x244.png

Guest MattP

It's about the ticket prices that everybody has rightly condemned on the T&T threads.

Hate to bang on about it but this is what's wrong with the mentality of the football supporter in this country. We bitch, moan and kick up a right stink about pricing but when the opportunity to hit one of football's greediest men where it hurts presents itself we all shy away behind the veneer of loyal support.

The season's effectively over, the Leeds game will be a dead rubber and you'll be treated like the lowest form of vermin by a stewarding team who'd rather see a ten year old boy piss himself than inconvenience them by visiting the toilet. If ever there was a game that should have widespread support for a boycott, it's this one.

Nail, head.

The ones who pay prices like this for dead rubbers under the guise of "loyalty" have to be laughed at.

The players probably won't even be arses for this one and they are on thousands a week.

Incredible to think watching a 5 day test match in Sri Lanka costs me 11 quid less than Leeds Leicester.

Guest MattP

lol lol

Nail, head.

The ones who pay prices like this for dead rubbers under the guise of "loyalty" have to be laughed at.

The players probably won't even be arses for this one and they are on thousands a week.

Incredible to think watching a 5 day test match in Sri Lanka costs me 11 quid less than Leeds Leicester.

Even in this country, this COUNTY, you can get a membership at LCCC for £120 that enables you to watch every day of every County Championship match and CB40 one day match as well as a two day match against the West Indies.

That's 45 days of cricket for the cost of about 3 and a half matches at Elland Road. Now I appreciate there are obviously huge differences in overheads between LCCC and LUFC, but that really does illustrate how expensive football is compared to other sports.

Archived