Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NottsFox

Boycott - Leeds Away

Guest MattP

Even in this country, this COUNTY, you can get a membership at LCCC for £120 that enables you to watch every day of every County Championship match and CB40 one day match as well as a two day match against the West Indies.

That's 45 days of cricket for the cost of about 3 and a half matches at Elland Road. Now I appreciate there are obviously huge differences in overheads between LCCC and LUFC, but that really does illustrate how expensive football is compared to other sports.

It's absolutely staggering and the mentality of football fans means its only going to get worse. It actually wouldn't be tolerated in any other sport yet it's almost glorified in this one.

In actually gobsmacked reading this, I mean people are ACTUALLY going to shell out 36 quid for a 12.30 kick off for a friendly match away at Leeds? Seriously any of you paying it just try a sit down and have a logical think of why on earth you would do that?

Loyalty? To show your loyalty to a group of individuals who have seriously under performed this year that probably earn triple your yearly wage in a month?

Maybe we could introduce a special "loyal supporter" pricing structure where you all pay 15 quid more than the rest of us to prove your commitment to LCFC.

You are all absolutely fcuking bonkers. You deserve to be treated the way you are, it's a shame you have to drag along the rest of us with you.

Guest parky0607

Im seriously suprised at the die hards that are actually still going to this... £36 so you can effectively watch a friendly (Im sure the real madrid friendly was cheaper than that?!) so you can wave goodby and blow kisses to a leicester team who have, in all respect, failed us this season, whilst taking home an outrageous wage packet, giving none of that back to the fans that support them everyweek. What will you get in return? A half hearted 90min game of football and a half hearted generic wave and clap. If youre lucky you might even get a shirt thrown into the crowd.

Wow.

Theres seriously more benefit to boycotting this game.

Not sure why there is such criticism aimed at those who are still choosing to go to the match. If you want to boycott, then do so. I'm sure people can respect that decision, so why not show the same respect to those who have decided to go?

It's safe to say the attitudes of some people in this thread would be different if we still had something to play for. The idea of a boycott would only be from a select few, most others would be going to the match, albeit begrudgingly.

Guest MattP

Not sure why there is such criticism aimed at those who are still choosing to go to the match. If you want to boycott, then do so. I'm sure people can respect that decision, so why not show the same respect to those who have decided to go?

It's safe to say the attitudes of some people in this thread would be different if we still had something to play for. The idea of a boycott would only be from a select few, most others would be going to the match, albeit begrudgingly.

Because the ones going to the match are giving the prices an element of legitimacy and ensuring Leeds can continue to charge the same (or even more) next season.

Because the ones going to the match are giving the prices an element of legitimacy and ensuring Leeds can continue to charge the same (or even more) next season.

Even if there was a mass boycott from us, what about the fact that Barnsley, Blackpool, Burnley, Palace, Derby, Hull, Middlesbrough and West Ham have all taken over 1,000 fans to Elland Road this season, having paid prices not too dissimilar to what we are being charged?

Why does unreachable only ever pop up on these sorts of threads?

Y'know, the one where pretty much everyone agrees that supporters are being taken for fools, and he rides in on his white charger to defend the honour of the poor, impoverished and beleaguered hierarchical figures at the club?

troll-face-high-resolution-300x244.png

He graduated from the Monty Python Academy with a 1st Class degree in Silly Rhubarb (Pointless Arguments)

I believe he holds the Academy Record of involving the most people in a single pointless argument.

He comes on the board to get involved in arguments to provide evidence for his CPA (Comprehensive Performance Assessment other wise known as Can't Produce Anything ) I believe he prints off extracts from these topics as evidence of his ability to get involved in and prolong Silly Rhubarb.

I stopped replying to him sometime ago on that basis..

Guest MattP

Even if there was a mass boycott from us, what about the fact that Barnsley, Blackpool, Burnley, Palace, Derby, Hull, Middlesbrough and West Ham have all taken over 1,000 fans to Elland Road this season, having paid prices not too dissimilar to what we are being charged?

No guarantee it does, something has to start somewhere though for something to happen.

Main difference is all those teams at least we're paying a competitive game.

Our fans are actually being charged 36 quid for an end of season exhibition.

Just because no one has proven the Higgs exists means no one else should bother looking?

Just because no one has protested these things before doesn't mean no one should. Maybe it would serve as an inspiration for supporters of other clubs next season? Maybe it could turn into something large and convince everyone involved that definite action had to be taken?

Maybe it will fail to achieve its objective and nothing will change - but does that mean no one should try?

No guarantee it does, something has to start somewhere though for something to happen.

Main difference is all those teams at least we're paying a competitive game.

Our fans are actually being charged 36 quid for an end of season exhibition.

I agree. I was kind of eluding to the fact that unless something is done at the top, the ticket prices are likely to remain the same. Fans have very little power unless there really is a strong majority who act, and not just fans from one club either. For every club that will only take a few hundred to Elland Road, there will be a club who will take over 1,000.

Look at our support at Barnsley as an example, there was talk of a boycott which even made the local paper, yet we still had around 2,500 fans turn up.

Just because no one has proven the Higgs exists means no one else should bother looking?

Don't talk to me about that thing Daggers, was the subject of my dissertation!!

Guest MattP

I agree. I was kind of eluding to the fact that unless something is done at the top, the ticket prices are likely to remain the same. Fans have very little power unless there really is a strong majority who act, and not just fans from one club either. For every club that will only take a few hundred to Elland Road, there will be a club who will take over 1,000.

Look at our support at Barnsley as an example, there was talk of a boycott which even made the local paper, yet we still had around 2,500

Like I said, everything has to start somewhere.

I honestly don't think this is comparable to Barnsley, it was very overpriced but that's a decent away end in a town centre where you can stand up for 90 mins and we had something to play for.

None of that stands for this game.

Like I said, everything has to start somewhere.

I honestly don't think this is comparable to Barnsley, it was very overpriced but that's a decent away end in a town centre where you can stand up for 90 mins and we had something to play for.

None of that stands for this game.

You keep mentioning the fact that there's nothing to play for, which goes back to the point I made initially - there wouldn't be this reaction to pricing if our season was still alive. Most people moaning in here would pay it.

If you aren't going to the game out of principle due to the pricing, that should hold true regardless of the situation of the match. It shouldn't matter if there's anything to play for or if you can stand up or not.

It's just been made easier for people to moan about the pricing because of the situation both teams find themselves in. If we needed to win this match to get into playoffs there wouldn't be a mention of a boycott.

Go to the thread in the ticket and travel forum, there was talk of a boycott before there was nothing to play for. I don't care what's to play for I wouldn't pay that for a match at Elland Road at this level. Your attitude is so defeatist, do you get splinters whilst bent over that barrel?

errrrm.........wasn't it discovered about 2 months ago and proven to exist at CERN????.................................... :whistle:

Go to the thread in the ticket and travel forum, there was talk of a boycott before there was nothing to play for. I don't care what's to play for I wouldn't pay that for a match at Elland Road at this level. Your attitude is so defeatist, do you get splinters whilst bent over that barrel?

Like wise I wasn't going to pay such exorbitant unjustifiable prices whether it was meaningful or not.

boycott leeds was brought about long before our promotion flop . its about taking my kid up to leeds to pay £25 for , on top of the £72 for me and my wife . then travel and food and drink . simply too much for what ? come on , they thought we'd be playing for something and make a killing out of us , just way o.t.t. ! i'm not going , i can't warrant that layout .

Guest BlueBrett

I may have cracked this one;

If you want to go then go.

If you don't, then don't.

/thread

Well we all want to go we just don't want to pay 36 quid for the ticket.

To take the hit would be to fall obediently in line which in turn guarantees that next year's trip to Leeds will be at least 36 quid as well (probably more if there's actually anything on it). Plus let's say we send a couple thousand, all paying 36 quid..what message does that send to other clubs for next season when they're deciding what prices to set? If West Ham are still in this league I'll bet they're asking 40quid and they'll still be confident of selling out. We have an opportunity to vote with our feet here but the message will only get across if we can demonstrate solidarity - otherwise the money grabbing wankers will just laugh at us again just like they were on the day they decided they could probably get away with fleecing us to the tune of 36 quid.

How do travel costs make the ticket price any different?

People like Ken Bates are able to charge prices like this because people like you stump it up blindly thinking they're being loyal supporters.

A few months ago I went to PSG v Montpellier, a top of the table clash, the outcome of which could swing the outcome of Ligue 1. It cost me near enough €20.

You know what they say about a fool and his money...

Yep, I went to Sporting Lisbon Vs Vitoria Gumiaresh last month, €17. 3rd vs 5th in the Portugese Prem. Amazing stadium, better atmosphere than anything you will get in England, great facilities, Stewards were exactly how they should be, you didn't even know they were there. 5 goals, top notch.

I barely go to any of our games anymore due to the fact that I hate our stadium, have started playing on Saturdays, I no longer work in Leicester and the prices for 2nd tier football are laughable. Shame more of the regulars aren't willing to take a stand on Saturday as Bates and his £36 makes our joke prices look cheap and unless the fans start to do something the prices will just keep going up until all but the very rich will be able to afford to attend on a regular basis.

You keep mentioning the fact that there's nothing to play for, which goes back to the point I made initially - there wouldn't be this reaction to pricing if our season was still alive. Most people moaning in here would pay it.

If you aren't going to the game out of principle due to the pricing, that should hold true regardless of the situation of the match. It shouldn't matter if there's anything to play for or if you can stand up or not.

It's just been made easier for people to moan about the pricing because of the situation both teams find themselves in. If we needed to win this match to get into playoffs there wouldn't be a mention of a boycott.

Exactly what I said last night yet some people get very upset when you don't agree with their arguments.

He graduated from the Monty Python Academy with a 1st Class degree in Silly Rhubarb (Pointless Arguments)

I believe he holds the Academy Record of involving the most people in a single pointless argument.

He comes on the board to get involved in arguments to provide evidence for his CPA (Comprehensive Performance Assessment other wise known as Can't Produce Anything ) I believe he prints off extracts from these topics as evidence of his ability to get involved in and prolong Silly Rhubarb.

I stopped replying to him sometime ago on that basis..

You've got a short memory - you replied to me on 3rd April!

I totally respect those who are not going as they believe it is too much to pay and will not go whatever and do not include them in the below.

I don't understand thse who complain it's too much but would go if there were anything to play for.

How much will some people pay next year for West Ham away I assume if it's over £30 you won't go, or did you pay the £32 charged this year, where was the boycott for this or was the alure of a 'big' recently premier club enough to disolve principles? Also add to this the extra cost London brings, the fact we didn't play well and you can't drink anywhere near the ground.

I totally respect those who are not going as they believe it is too much to pay and will not go whatever and do not include them in the below.

I don't understand thse who complain it's too much but would go if there were anything to play for.

How much will some people pay next year for West Ham away I assume if it's over £30 you won't go, or did you pay the £32 charged this year, where was the boycott for this or was the alure of a 'big' recently premier club enough to disolve principles? Also add to this the extra cost London brings, the fact we didn't play well and you can't drink anywhere near the ground.

Agreed. It's a case of double principles for some people.

Archived