Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AranLCFC

Too Many Defenders ?

I don't know about the rest of you but before pearson came back most of the Hull fans highlighted all he does is concentrate on defence.. we now have ritche de laet, Sol Bamba, St Ledger and Morgan Paul Koncheskey and Lee Peltier which most likely should stay at the club. What frustrates me is the urge to buy more CB'S as we dont need them and infact we have too many! links with Chester and Wilson when we already have loads of CB's. What do you think? also who do you think should be sold from the midfield... in my opinion its Richie Wellens.

I don't know about the rest of you but before pearson came back most of the Hull fans highlighted all he does is concentrate on defence.. we now have ritche de laet, Sol Bamba, St Ledger and Morgan Paul Koncheskey and Lee Peltier which most likely should stay at the club. What frustrates me is the urge to buy more CB'S as we dont need them and infact we have too many! links with Chester and Wilson when we already have loads of CB's. What do you think? also who do you think should be sold from the midfield... in my opinion its Richie Wellens.

Probably because most of them are dog shite. Did you watch us even attempt to defend last season?

Probably because most of them are dog shite. Did you watch us even attempt to defend last season?

Yeah ive got a season ticket so seen most games home and away.. well we cant really blame the defence all of the time.. the amount of times i saw our midfield get split open for example Richie wellens not being able to keep up with a player or our midfield making a bad pass and we get hit on the counter then puts the pressure on the defence... if your going to buy defenders you get rid of a few first!

Yeah ive got a season ticket so seen most games home and away.. well we cant really blame the defence all of the time.. the amount of times i saw our midfield get split open for example Richie wellens not being able to keep up with a player or our midfield making a bad pass and we get hit on the counter then puts the pressure on the defence... if your going to buy defenders you get rid of a few first!

There it is!!

I don't know about the rest of you but before pearson came back most of the Hull fans highlighted all he does is concentrate on defence.

You know he was at Leicester for two years right, I doubt his strategy will have changed too much. And he did get us to 5th with an average side so who cares if he's 'too defensive'.

Guest MattP

Bamba/STL/Mills could all possibly leave, Big Nige doesnt like liabilitys and two are a liability off the pitch and the other a liability on it.

Its a tricky one really because nobody knows who is leaving as yet.

Think we all know Mills is a cert to leave but then who else? Bamba, SSL, Konch and Peltier all potentially could go.

The signing of De Laet is a good one for me but nobody knows whether he's been brought in as a RB, CB or LB.

Only Morgan is a cert for next season and possibly young Liam Moore.

The number of people getting their knickers in a twist about the squad is incredible.

The season has only been over for 2 weeks, and so far we have signed 3 players and sold none, but it's early days. It's probably a bit early to be worrying about too many defenders / signings / sales or anything else

Can't we just spend the summer speculating on our new signings and when the new shirt will come out like normal?!

OMFG what are we going to do with all these player and only about 4 months until the close of the transfer window.... arrrrrgh.

Bloody Wellens.

True.. we just dont want a situation where a player like st ledger gets frustrated by being on the bench or something similar to that..

What do you suggest we do? Just have an 11 man squad so that nobody is unhappy at not plying.

This really is TFF inconsistant high earner (FFP coming in ) and injured is he not untill Xmas.

WHO THE FVCK IS GONNA BUY HIM infact I would nearly put money on it we could not give him away atm.

After our performances near the end of last season I would be very worried if Pearson chose to ignore strengthening our defence

Exactly. The midfield needs tweaking which will result in improvements in the goals department, but defence was by far and away our biggest issue last year. It doesn't matter what we do anywhere else if we leak goals like we did

Its a tricky one really because nobody knows who is leaving as yet.

Think we all know Mills is a cert to leave but then who else? Bamba, SSL, Konch and Peltier all potentially could go.

The signing of De Laet is a good one for me but nobody knows whether he's been brought in as a RB, CB or LB.

Only Morgan is a cert for next season and possibly Young Liam Moore.

I'm a big fan of Young Barry Milner are they related?

I think De Laet has been signed as a utility defender to cover every position. The Mills/Wilson swap would be a good move so 1 in 1 out. We're unlikely to get Chester as Hull spit the dummy whenever we bid for one of their players. I think we should try and sell King and bring in what we all know we need, a defensive midfielder. Maybe another winger as cover and a big target man type to batter down stubborn defences. We'll get loads of teams parking the bus against us this season as it was so effective last season

I think De Laet has been signed as a utility defender to cover every position. The Mills/Wilson swap would be a good move so 1 in 1 out. We're unlikely to get Chester as Hull spit the dummy whenever we bid for one of their players. I think we should try and sell King and bring in what we all know we need, a defensive midfielder. Maybe another winger as cover and a big target man type to batter down stubborn defences. We'll get loads of teams parking the bus against us this season as it was so effective last season

It's not just the case with us bidding, it's whoever wants one of their better players, their chairman is desperate for promotion and will do as much as he can to hold on to them.

It's not just the case with us bidding, it's whoever wants one of their better players, their chairman is desperate for promotion and will do as much as he can to hold on to them.

Did you hear the interview with Adam Pearson when we bid for Stewart last season? He's gone now but the chairman is still holding a grudge against us and NP

Archived