Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Bookmakers make us favorites to win the League Again!

Hopefully this tag of us being favourites (once again!) won't turn into another Christmas cracker joke come December 2012! So far I like what I've seen re NP's signings and although I think he should've kept Vassell for another year he's so far shipped out all the right personnel, namely the League One era - along with other big money wasters like Pantsil. Not sure what's happening on the Matt Mills front yet but I'm sure we'll know more in a couple of months time after the Euros have concluded.....

Very very true PR.... Will they ever learn?

No but we don't even have a finished squad yet. Who may be sold and who may come in.

Even sousa reckons we will do it. No wonder he was sacked lol

Personally we need to start by beating teams below us and getting a winning run going then worry about the PO or automatic.

Talk about going up when we have earn't it not before we have kicked a ball.

Why are we favourites? So far, the team is pretty much the same as the one we had at the beginning of the season, and look where that got us. If NP was to bring in a top player or two, maybe, but at the moment he seems more focused on raising youngsters, inexperienced players who will take even longer to adjust than the more versatile ones that SGE brought in.

Why are we favourites? So far, the team is pretty much the same as the one we had at the beginning of the season, and look where that got us. If NP was to bring in a top player or two, maybe, but at the moment he seems more focused on raising youngsters, inexperienced players who will take even longer to adjust than the more versatile ones that SGE brought in.

Well if I were a bookie it would pay me to make a team favourite even though I don't think they will do it. Result ? loads of punters betting i'm right and then when it turns out I'm wrong I'm quids in. It's an old trick. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

just out of interest why is everyone writing my wolves off? its rather bizaree

financially we are very sound, only players moving on are deadwood, people who FAR better than champ ie fletcher and the billy big balls in johnson (which is no miss)

we will be spending even if the likes of fletcher go we already have Ebanks Blake (2x time golden boot winner in champ) and are linked with some icelandic goal machine for 3-4m (may not cut it admitedly) if jarvis goes we have kightly/hammill/hunt for the wings (hardly poor) so we're actually in a VERY good position imo

then add in wolves record in champ even on poor season when have we finished outside top 10? probably about 97? as an odd year

we'll be in top 6 in a poor season, playoffs is pure luck as we know

financially we are very sound, only players moving on are deadwood, people who FAR better than champ ie fletcher and the billy big balls in johnson (which is no miss)

we will be spending even if the likes of fletcher go we already have Ebanks Blake (2x time golden boot winner in champ) and are linked with some icelandic goal machine for 3-4m (may not cut it admitedly) if jarvis goes we have kightly/hammill/hunt for the wings (hardly poor) so we're actually in a VERY good position imo

then add in wolves record in champ even on poor season when have we finished outside top 10? probably about 97? as an odd year

Reckon you will win it.

God knows why people are writing off Wolves?

Ridiculous.

Then again many wrote off West Ham last year too.

Keep the better players and Wolves should be well up there.

Our squad is nothing like what it was at the start of last season

Erm because you got rid of a good manager who kept you up for a season despite the players he had and replaced him with a stand in , hence relegation and now repalced him with a man that even the players have never heard of . Your future is not bright and it ain't even Orange .

Think fans & importantly players will be a lot more grounded & business-like this time around... No silly Pele is signing for us rumours, no world class but ultimately useless for preparation friendlies... no false promises etc & etc

Just everyone realising there's work to do & hard work at that.

Archived