Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Captain?

I'm worried...

This forum makes me worried from time to time...

Is anyone seriously thinking that Jermaine Beckford has 'captaincy' credentials?

Does it not occur to people that falling on your arse, standing about a lot and constant moaning at officials makes not a good role model for your peers?

Why not go the whole hog, sack Nige and get Sousa back?

Or better still, let's sign Joey as 'ambassador of football?'

lol

I think Wellens has the most right to be captain. He has been at the club a while, he must know what makes it tick by now and he is a strong character.

Other good candidates are Konchesky and Morgan. Both experienced players who don't mind putting a shift in when the going gets tough.

I can't see Beckford as captain though and maybe Schmeichel is too young?

Morgan would get my vote.

I think Wellens has the most right to be captain. He has been at the club a while, he must know what makes it tick by now and he is a strong character.

Other good candidates are Konchesky and Morgan. Both experienced players who don't mind putting a shift in when the going gets tough.

I can't see Beckford as captain though and maybe Schmeichel is too young?

Morgan would get my vote.

lol

Guest BlueBrett

Be surprised if it goes to anyone but Kasper.

Wouldn't mind Danns or Nugent getting it either though

lol

Well...if you judge the players on something more substantial than how much you like them, then Wellens is a good choice for captain.

Many football fans make knee-jerk reactions about players. Let's not forget people were slagging Ben Marshall after his first three games. I do not have much faith in the ability of the average Leicester fan to judge a player accurately.

Wellens is a strong character. If you watch him on the pitch, he is very vocal about getting across what he thinks needs doing. Wellens is also a determined player. He always puts a shift in and of all the criticism of him I have seen, nobody has said he isn't determined. On his day, he is also a good tackler and a good passer of the ball. He has been at the club for three seasons and by all accounts, is an influential voice in the dressing room.

This is what I am basing his right to the captaincy on...although personally I would prefer Morgan.

ps - for the record, Matt Oakley (never my choice of captain btw) was captain for quite a long time after he stopped being a first team regular.

Guest BlueBrett

Well...if you judge the players on something more substantial than how much you like them, then Wellens is a good choice for captain.

Mate he's not even going to get a game!

Many football fans make knee-jerk reactions about players. Let's not forget people were slagging Ben Marshall after his first three games. I do not have much faith in the ability of the average Leicester fan to judge a player accurately.

Wellens is a strong character. If you watch him on the pitch, he is very vocal about getting across what he thinks needs doing. Wellens is also a determined player. He always puts a shift in and of all the criticism of him I have seen, nobody has said he isn't determined. On his day, he is also a good tackler and a good passer of the ball. He has been at the club for three seasons and by all accounts, is an influential voice in the dressing room.

This is what I am basing his right to the captaincy on...although personally I would prefer Morgan.

ps - for the record, Matt Oakley (never my choice of captain btw) was captain for quite a long time after he stopped being a first team regular.

Wellens isn't going to get a game, his career is spiraling downwards I doubt we signed Drinkwater and James to make the bench, his career effectively is over as being part of the first team on a consistent basis so for me doesn't warrant captaincy give it to Kasper or Konchesky.

Mate he's not even going to get a game!

He was our player of the year not long ago and last year was part of our best central midfield partnership (Him and Danns), there's still every chance he'll be starting regularly next year, especially if Nigel decides to play a 4-3-3. I'm not saying he should deffinetly be captain, I think Kasper would be a great option, but if Wellens is going to be playing next year I don't think we should take it off him, and personally I think he is good enough to play regularly for us still.

He was our player of the year not long ago and last year was part of our best central midfield partnership (Him and Danns), there's still every chance he'll be starting regularly next year, especially if Nigel decides to play a 4-3-3. I'm not saying he should deffinetly be captain, I think Kasper would be a great option, but if Wellens is going to be playing next year I don't think we should take it off him, and personally I think he is good enough to play regularly for us still.

Yeah if you want another season of mid table mediocrity that is perfect, Wellens, Gallagher, Dyer....

Wellens isn't going to get a game, his career is spiraling downwards I doubt we signed Drinkwater and James to make the bench, his career effectively is over as being part of the first team on a consistent basis so for me doesn't warrant captaincy give it to Kasper or Konchesky.

We will have to wait and see whether Wellens is ready for the glue factory just yet. I personally think he will still make a significant contribution next season. I doubt he will start every game but I don't think he is at the Matt Oakley club mascot stage yet.

Konchesky (if he is still here) is not a bad shout but for me he seems a little to flaky and hot headed for captain. My preference would be Morgan who is more reliable and stable and in central defence.

I'm not keen on keepers as captains unless they are seasoned veterans, which Schmeichel isn't as yet.

Yeah if you want another season of mid table mediocrity that is perfect, Wellens, Gallagher, Dyer....

Yeah, all those players who got us to 5th last time we had Nigel in charge are crap. Look how much better off we were with Sven's championship dream team last year.

Guest BlueBrett

Don't get me wrong I'm no Wellens hater. I still rate him as an above average championship player and I recognise what he has done for us over the last few seasons. Just looks to me that given the signings we have made and the fact that in my book Danns is an automatic pick when fit Wellens isn't likely to play 90 minutes very often.

Yeah, all those players who got us to 5th last time we had Nigel in charge are crap. Look how much better off we were with Sven's championship dream team last year.

They are worse now than they were before, FFS your argument is so boring you do realize that form of players and quality degenerates, none of these players are consistently good enough to challenge for promotion as evident the past two seasons. NP signings to date second term I concur will push us upwards, but the likes of Wellens, Dyer and Gallagher aren't good enough for promotion a) They aint consistent enough b) I doubt they will feature next season at all.

b) I doubt they won't feature next season at all.

I hope so.

You can't edit it, now I look (even more) stupid :(. Why are you always being so double negative Happy Fox?

Archived