Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dorsetfox

YOUTHFUL SQUAD GOOD OR BAD

this could be a starting 11

kasper

de leat st ledger morgan kennedy

marshall drinkwater danns dyer

nugent vardy

assuming konch and beckford leave as expected

now to me that looks a very decent squad with plenty of energy and pace but aside from nugent and danns looks to be a very young inexperienced team

this could be a good thing ,young and hungry with no hang ups or nerves

or

this could be bad , not enough maturity and experience to deal with high pressure games

DISCUSS

kasper

nugent vardy

now to me that looks a very decent squad with plenty of energy and pace but aside from nugent and danns looks to be a very young inexperienced team

or

this could be bad , not enough maturity and experience to deal with high pressure games

DISCUSS

Morgan - 28

St Ledger - 27

Dyer - 29

Including the ones you mentioned i dont think theres too much youth in that team at all. Probably the perfect blend of youth and experience

agree on the more coming but we seem to have a load of midfield men now so surley another would not be brought in maybe a left mid for dyer?

already got

wellens

king

drinkwater

james

danns

fighting for 2 cm slots

then

gallagher

dyer

marshall

so think maybe another wide man and a cb and a striker and that will be it

although what about a keeper ? weale has gone

Morgan - 28

St Ledger - 27

Dyer - 29

Including the ones you mentioned i dont think theres too much youth in that team at all. Probably the perfect blend of youth and experience

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm thought st ledger was younger than that lol and i wouldnt call dyer a leader/experienced hes very quiet in games and struggles to motivate himself some matches lol

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm thought st ledger was younger than that lol and i wouldnt call dyer a leader/experienced hes very quiet in games and struggles to motivate himself some matches lol

How can you say he's not experienced? :/

kasper

nugent vardy

or

DISCUSS

konchesky ( on twitter ) says no truth in rumours of him going - Beckford's agent says the same about Beckford.

Yes, they may both be sold but so too might Dyer.

As far as I can tell the rumours of them leaving totally revolve around a perception that they are being paid more than Nigel Pearson might think is good value.

There is always the chance that Pearson may think they are great assets and will be an integral part of his plans for the new season.

Personally I hope that is the case.

I really hate it when someone says or writes DISCUSS like it's an order. My immediate reaction is go f..k yourself, i'm neither a child or an idiot that needs to be told what to do. Please don't do it again. Asking for opinions is a perfectly acceptable way of getting the discussion going

We have a good month and a bit till the season starts and we are boud to make at least three or four signings before the start of the season i expect two defencive players (CBs) + utility player would be nice, maybe a left Winger and a replacement for Beckford if he dos go.

I really hate it when someone says or writes DISCUSS like it's an order. My immediate reaction is go f..k yourself, i'm neither a child or an idiot that needs to be told what to do. Please don't do it again. Asking for opinions is a perfectly acceptable way of getting the discussion going

Your just looking for an argument fella!

I hope we won't be starting the season with Dyer on the left, and with Wellens/Gallagher in the squad. if they are all here then we stand no chance of promotion again.

And you can bore off. We don't need your negative views....P**s off to the Ricoh if you want to be negative!

And you can bore off. We don't need your negative views....P**s off to the Ricoh if you want to be negative!

If you think Wellens, Gallagher and Dyer are good, you can see that sort of calibre at the Ricoh. Most of us 'Blue Army' supporters want to see something better!

That is not negative, that is understanding.

Highly doubt De Laet will start at right-back, highly doubt St Ledger will start at centre back even though I'd love him to, no way will Kennedy start at left-back, not sure Drinkwater will start and Dyer and if we get another striker or two, Vardy will be on the bench I strongly believe we won't shove him straight into the starting 11 slowly introduce him is what I think will happen.

Yep boring I know, and I am not being smug but I am probably 100% right with every sentance in this post.

Highly doubt De Laet will start at right-back, highly doubt St Ledger will start at centre back even though I'd love him to, no way will Kennedy start at left-back, not sure Drinkwater will start and Dyer and if we get another striker or two, Vardy will be on the bench I strongly believe we won't shove him straight into the starting 11 slowly introduce him is what I think will happen.

Yep boring I know, and I am not being smug but I am probably 100% right with every sentance in this post.

Think you are wrong about De Laet. No, let me be more specific - you are wrong about De Laet.

I can be opinionated as well!

If you think Wellens, Gallagher and Dyer are good, you can see that sort of calibre at the Ricoh. Most of us 'Blue Army' supporters want to see something better!

That is not negative, that is understanding.

Well it is about negativity actually. Dyer has been a very good servant to the club was one of our top players last season. I'm not saying that those 3 should be in the first team but you need to have a decent squad and i think all 3 are worth that!

Well it is about negativity actually. Dyer has been a very good servant to the club was one of our top players last season. I'm not saying that those 3 should be in the first team but you need to have a decent squad and i think all 3 are worth that!

You see, that is what I mean, Dyer was not good last season, nor was Wellens or Gallagher. Yes they all did the odd and rare really good thing from time to time, but none of them are Championship quality. As for being good servants to the club, let's give them a pension and send them into retirement.

Think you are wrong about De Laet. No, let me be more specific - you are wrong about De Laet.

I can be opinionated as well!

De Laet is not a predominant right-back, I honestly don't think he will start anywhere across the back four. He is more of a left-back and centre-back, he has only played right-back when he was on loan at Pompey. If Peltier goes which seems likely now, Pearson will surely get in somebody else, maybe Rosenior, Whittaker from Rangers might be a good buy just using examples. If Konchesky goes which I don't want him to, I believe Pearson will then bring in Shorey with Kennedy as cover.

De Laet can cover anywhere across the back four, but I believe he isn't strong enough to start.

Think this will be our back four.

New right back - Morgan - Chester - Konchesky/Shorey

With St Ledger, De Laet, Kennedy and maybe someone else as back up.

Archived