Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dorsetfox

YOUTHFUL SQUAD GOOD OR BAD

You see, that is what I mean, Dyer was not good last season, nor was Wellens or Gallagher. Yes they all did the odd and rare really good thing from time to time, but none of them are Championship quality. As for being good servants to the club, let's give them a pension and send them into retirement.

So who would get at the club then that are better? and how much are you thinking of spending because what your saying is we need about 8-10 players

Need a left better winger as well. Dyer is decent, but nothing more. Has about one decent game in three and apart from his pace, which can be useful (when used), he is limited.

And you can bore off. We don't need your negative views....P**s off to the Ricoh if you want to be negative!

There is nothing negative about the post im just stating simple facts, Dyer good impact sub but nothing else as much as I like the bloke for the hard effort he puts in he still cant't cross or shoot like you would expect from a professional footballer.

Gallagher used to be a forward now is playing on the right side of midfield... no pace, no skill, no quality apart from a free kick or a long 30 yarder once in a blue moon. his Corner kicks are dreadfull every time without failure.

Wellens terrible start to the season but seemed to pull his finger out at the latter end im afraid that is to late sir, others things that could go against him to much time on the ball, slow poor decsion making and getting old now he only real plus is the fact that he helps the back four from time to time but again we could do a lot better.

Plus Wellens/Gallagher are apparently big characters in the dressing room which doesn't help as there shit.

Schmeichel

Rosenoir Chester Morgan Konchesky

Stewart James Danns Marshall

Nugent Targetman

Not sure on the new target man, we need someone to relieve pressure from the midfield and defence, preferably someone with experience, ie Heskey or Fuller. There are plenty of decent wingers available, Stewart, Kightley, Whittingham etc. I think a team like that would offer a perfect blend of experience and youth, but I'd prefer an experienced leader in the middle of the park but I can't really think of anyone.

I really hate it when someone says or writes DISCUSS like it's an order. My immediate reaction is go f..k yourself, i'm neither a child or an idiot that needs to be told what to do. Please don't do it again. Asking for opinions is a perfectly acceptable way of getting the discussion going

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you say your not a CHILD but come in here and troll the thread with a senseless post and therefore making yourself look a total IDIOT

my immediate reaction is go f..k yourself but ill leave it to the members and their views what can i say

DISCUSS

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you say your not a CHILD but come in here and troll the thread with a senseless post and therefore making yourself look a total IDIOT

my immediate reaction is go f..k yourself but ill leave it to the members and their views what can i say

DISCUSS

Ha brilliant!

DISCUSS

That is not trolling the thread. That is me being pissed off at that term. The word discuss when used in that way is an insult to people's intelligence. We do not need to be told to discuss things. What is wrong with Opinions please?

ill tell you why i put it because thread after thread i see people post genuine posts about topics to be discussed and you get idiots coming in making child like comments or going off topic and spoiling the thread.

i put discuss in the hope we could discuss the topic posted and avoid the child like comments but unfortunatley it seems not to be the case

I think a blend of youth and experience and straight and gay is best, and that is exactly what NP is trying to do. Apparently he's a bit of a dog man too, so he only signs players who have dogs so they can go out on walks together and become friends. Sven signed a lot of people who don't like animals which is why we did crap last season

ill tell you why i put it because thread after thread i see people post genuine posts about topics to be discussed and you get idiots coming in making child like comments or going off topic and spoiling the thread.

i put discuss in the hope we could discuss the topic posted and avoid the child like comments but unfortunatley it seems not to be the case

Understandable but why not make it an invitation rather than a command by saying any discussion would be welcome?

. forget the word youthful , QUALITY is the only word i'm interested in and we dont have enough of it to compete for promotion ! how on earth we are favourites to go up i dont know . things (team) better take shape before preseason or are we going to mirror the start to last season ? late ,rushed transfers dont work .

As there's no more replies to that I assume everyone understands what i'm getting at now. I wasn't telling the opening poster to go f..k himself by the way, that is just my reaction to that term every time I see it or hear it. It's insulting and the sooner it goes out of everyday usage the better. Anyone who doesn't think it's an insult, take a good look at the word and the way it's used, then think about it. Are you children? Are you idiots, Do you need to be told to discuss something? Of course you don't! Can we use other terminology please?

ah sorry i was busy as i was when i made my post had to get tea ready for the kids i just put discuss because its a quick easy word to sum up everything as you will see when you get the definition from the dictionary

1.to consider or examine by argument, comment, etc.; talk over or write about, especially to explore solutions; debate:

says nothing about insults or making out people are childish but i do apologise if it caused you great concern and deep upset ill use another terminology in future

ah sorry i was busy as i was when i made my post had to get tea ready for the kids i just put discuss because its a quick easy word to sum up everything as you will see when you get the definition from the dictionary

1.to consider or examine by argument, comment, etc.; talk over or write about, especially to explore solutions; debate:

says nothing about insults or making out people are childish but i do apologise if it caused you great concern and deep upset ill use another terminology in future

It's the way the word is used and the implication that goes with it, not the word itself. Everyone just accepts it because it's become commonplace to say it, no one seems to have stepped back and said hang on a minute, that's actually implies i'm not intelligent enough to work out for myself that it's time for a discussion. That's what actually annoys me the most, the fact that no one else seems to have seen the implication. I understand why you used it and that you didn't mean anything by it and I wasn't actually having a go at you, I just can't stand the term and I always react badly to it. Apologies if you took it the wrong way

It's the way the word is used and the implication that goes with it, not the word itself. Everyone just accepts it because it's become commonplace to say it, no one seems to have stepped back and said hang on a minute, that's actually implies i'm not intelligent enough to work out for myself that it's time for a discussion. That's what actually annoys me the most, the fact that no one else seems to have seen the implication. I understand why you used it and that you didn't mean anything by it and I wasn't actually having a go at you, I just can't stand the term and I always react badly to it. Apologies if you took it the wrong way

Not having noticed your posts until looking at this thread, could you tell me if you are always a bit of a tool or whether this thread is an aberration? I'd like to save time not having to trawl through another stream of pointless crap. :thumbup:

Not having noticed your posts until looking at this thread, could you tell me if you are always a bit of a tool or whether this thread is an aberration? I'd like to save time not having to trawl through another stream of pointless crap. :thumbup:

Not always. No one can ever tell when i'm being a tw*t and when i'm fishing though. Just being a tw*t in this one because it wasn't actually pointless

Anyway, on to the thread, I suppose it all depends on the quality of the young players. On the face of it, they're hungry and willing to learn and if they're good enough, their value will increase and that can only be a good thing for future finances. As far as success goes, we'll need experience down the spine of the team as well as youth

We need 2 CBs, preferably one as a sub or starter and a young'un whom will get some experience throughout the season and will eventually become part of our back wall - bit like a Schlupp for CB. So with that in mind I've gone for James Chester and Jamal Lascelles.

I hope we keep Konchesky, swapping him for Shorey wouldn't make a difference... He's the same age and possibly worth the same in terms of wages so I hope we keep him alongside Kennedy, if Pearson does want a young RB then it'll have to be Fryers for me.

A winger possibly of the same calibre of Marshall so I'll go with Alan Judge. Since Marshall has proven that he can play well at LWM Judge can slot in at RWM and he's a young Gallagher if you like and a bit of Marshall, he scores worldies by cutting in the same way as Marshall and has great pace down the wing and his crosses are top notch.

Matty James is a CM but can play as a CB... So he can potentially be an emergency CB maybe a CDM? I think Pearson won't let Beckford go if Schlupp goes out on loan and if we do get a target man it'll be Heskey.

So 3-4 more signings is in order.

Archived