Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Football Manager 2013

f**k sake I can't catch a break, sacked from Palermo after only being in the job for not even 2 months. Guided them to a semi finals of Italian Cup which we were unlucky not to get to the final. Managed to get the Boca Juniors job though, they've kinda been knocked off their perch slightly. Won the league but then the season after finished like 12th or something. Board only want a respectable finish so I think I can build something here.

I'm still way too busy with my Leeds save on this version to even contemplate downloading FM14 yet. Having the best save of my life at the minute, been with Leeds about 6 seasons and I've gotten my biggest ever trophy haul in a single season and gone unbeaten in the league for the whole time too. Won the Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup, European Super Cup (won the Europa League the season before) and Charity Shield.

Waiting for the England job to come up now. Brendan Rodgers won't last much longer, failed to get out of the group stage at the most recent European Championships, but they inexplicably kept him on?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally won the treble with Leicester in the 2053/4 season. 41 years of trying!

For the first time I had a striker score over 50 goals in all competitions in a season (including a hat-trick in the Champions League final.

Scored 10 at home to both Boro and Stoke, 8 at home to somebody else and 7 at home to City.

Won all 19 home games, scoring 83 goals along the way and haven't lost a game at home in any comp for three years.

Easily my best team in all that time. Knocky's been assistant manager for the last 25 years!

So, when I last left you guys, it was February of 2023, and I had gone Þróttur Reykjavík to Sunderland to Tottenham Hotspur. In that time, my salary has gone from $1,100/week (before taxes) to $130,000/week. Ballin'. I signed a 4.5-year deal, with the board demanding that I both play an attacking style of play and develop young players because Audere Est Facere and all that bullshit.

Hugo Lloris and Sandro were still on the team, as were Marouane Fellaini, Danny Welbeck, André Ayew (who is a yellow card machine) and Andriy Yarmolenko.

The Spurs board wasn't concerned with league finish in my first half season, and I was cool with that, although really this team has to be in Europe otherwise player salaries and luxuries at the "Tottenham Stadium" would probably have to be slashed considering their net transfer spend over the past four seasons was something like $200m. Although we got knocked out of the Europa League (err, "EURO Cup") quarterfinals by Chelsea, we finished 6th and grabbed a Europa League qualifying spot.

The next summer, I signed a bunch of youngsters, signed a stud 22-year-old Polish CM from Elche for $20m, and picked up a couple of veterans to slot in at fullback. Oh, and for fun, I brought Gareth Bale back to Spurs. He was useful as a sub, although I was paying him a shitload of money.

We were stuggling around mid-table most of the 2023/24 season; I had aimed for Champions League, and a few players started complaining that the club was underachieving, leading to a few spats that caused me to get rid of two veterans. We settled down (good because I was teetering on the brink of getting sacked all season), and although we only finished 7th in the Premier League, we went on a few cup runs. We lost to Man City in the Capital One Cup semifinals, lost to Spartak Moscow in the Europa League final (I panicked in that one and made a few tactical blunders), and lost to Southampton (who have become really good after developing some stars for England) in an FA Cup final heartbreaker. Despite finishing empty-handed, our FA Cup run combined with Southampton's Champions League qualification gave us a spot in the Europa League playoff. And then Bale retired.

Going into 2024/25, I decided to try to sign a few English players because I had gotten ****ed mid-season trying to register players after we had a few injuries, and I figured some of our younger players were also ready for a go. In came Fraser Foster to mentor my 19-year old starlet GK (who had been dubbed "the next Shilton"), and I spent $26m to snare a 23-year-old English striker from Chelsea (he was my 3rd-choice striker, but at 18 goals this past season, he gave us a decent early return on that money).

We got off to a decent start, stuck at 6th place for months, which is where the board and the media expected us to be. I never thought we were title contenders, but the top six broke far away from the back and I was on pace to set a PL record point haul for Spurs.

Starting in January, the injuries really started piling up, just after the board announced they were cutting my remaining transfer budget from $7.5m to $0, and my payroll budget by about $650k/week! I was well under the original limit. ****ing Je... I mean, jammy bastards! lol

Anyway, as the injuries piled up, so did the great results. We won the Capital One Cup, days after grinding out an extra-time revenge win with 10 men vs Spartak Moscow in the Europa League. After that, with my players exhausted, we beat Arsenal and Man United 3 days apart, turned around a 1-0 loss at home in the first leg to beat Real Madrid in the Europa League final, and get our first taste of 1st place in the Premier League with 8 games to go.

Liverpool knocked us out of the Europa League semifinal, and the injury/suspension crisis started becoming absurd. We just kept winning, though, and with one game left (at 8th-placed Plymouth lol), we were 1st on 82 points, followed by Man City on 81 and a much better GD and Southampton on 80.

Of course, 2 days before my season finale, more injuries happen. Everybody on my team ****ing shat themselves in the last game, they were all so nervous from the youngsters to the vets, and our young GK goofed badly on their goal, the only goal of the game. But Man City lost at Swansea, and Southampton could only draw at Everton, so we won the Premier League title in what has to be the shittiest, biggest joke, only-in-FM of a way possible  :crylaugh:.

From the Icelandic 2nd division to the Premier League title and PL Manager of the Year in 12 years--it's been a decent save for me.

Archived