Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Football Manager 2013

Jesus.

I drew at home to Dortmund, actually cannot believe I've done them over two legs. No co-incidence I've soared back up the table with Mbenyane returning from injury, scored about 8 goals in 10 from centre mid including the winner against Dortmund with a free-kick. The man is a genius.

Marseille have produced possibly the best re-gen I have ever seen on FM.

mlnktg.jpg

Also Finners, can't be arsed to trawl back and find it - but I've turned my game off now and it's around the youth candidates time of the season. What was the trick of poaching the top youngsters? I've decided my morals have gone out the window as quite frankly PSG are doing my head in. *****.

Simple really, google the spawn dates of the major countries and go contract offering.

It's easy in your own country because it's the day your own arrive. Go look at the youth squad of PSG, OM, OL, etc and you'll notice a bunch of 15/14 year olds who haven't played a game yet that season. That's your newgens. See who you can offer contracts to.

Some you'll have time to scout, others the clubs will sign up so fast to pro deals you'll have to make a snap judgment then and there. Remember you still have to pay compo and the very, VERY best won't talk to you til you raise your profile a bit to continental. Also, players from your biggest rivals usually aren't interested.

Barca and Madrid are the two best clubs to do this from. I found it stunningly easy to steal their regens with Betis, even before I'd won the league (I was in CL.)

Simple really, google the spawn dates of the major countries and go contract offering.

It's easy in your own country because it's the day your own arrive. Go look at the youth squad of PSG, OM, OL, etc and you'll notice a bunch of 15/14 year olds who haven't played a game yet that season. That's your newgens. See who you can offer contracts to.

Some you'll have time to scout, others the clubs will sign up so fast to pro deals you'll have to make a snap judgment then and there. Remember you still have to pay compo and the very, VERY best won't talk to you til you raise your profile a bit to continental. Also, players from your biggest rivals usually aren't interested.

Barca and Madrid are the two best clubs to do this from. I found it stunningly easy to steal their regens with Betis, even before I'd won the league (I was in CL.)

They're usually in a separate section called 'youth candidates' aren't they? It's my favourite part of the game, I love going regen shopping and nicking all these insane youngsters for next to nothing.

They're usually in a separate section called 'youth candidates' aren't they? It's my favourite part of the game, I love going regen shopping and nicking all these insane youngsters for next to nothing.

Yours are, yes, for your convenience. The AI seems to automatically promote the regens it wants to keep immediately to their U18s (or equivalent.)

They're then free game until they secure pro contracts. If they're willing to talk to you you're already in, really. Offer them a few grand more than they're asking for with a good first team wage after 20 odd senior games and make it non negotiable. They'll sign almost immediately and be with you in July.

Once you do it a bit you can usually spot the ones with potential from the chaff without much scouting. Even if you accidentally sign a duffer, though, it'll pad out your development squad and usually sell for more than the compo you paid.

Whilst fun, it should probably be addressed really as abusing regens has made the game silly easy really. I've got some worldies in my Samp and Betis games that put some of Dan and Walkers screenshots to shame (no offence.)

I make it roughly 16 injuries this season where the player has been ruled out for atleast one month. And i've picked up a knock/injury in every game for the last 24 games in a row (trust me, i've counted)

What the ****

What condition is your pitch in?

Jesus Christ, the fixture congestion I've had to go through has been unreal. It's basically the reason why have I been knocked out of the Euro Cup and the Dutch Cup. It's ridiculous. I'm playing a game every 3 days. Everyone is shattered. Thankfully it's almost over, only three games to go.

I remember that when I played NAC a few games back. Trick is to give them time off from training during these congested spells. Then again, my players usually won in the Eredivisie even if they were around 75-85% at kickoff.

I'd love to nick some PSG youngsters as I haven't forgiven the bastards for nicking one of my best prospects for under a million.

Compo will do me over then seeing as I've got £300k left. Spent £10mil this season on two re-gens and Paco Alcacer.

I very, very rarely buy regens for more than 1 / 2 mil. They're got to be guaranteed world class with absolutely no flaws (except, maybe, "inconsistency" if they're otherwise superb) or I won't part with cash.

It's just too easy to get them for either compo or minimal fees (from Czech Republic, Denmark, Belgium, etc.) One of my best regens at Samp cost me 500k from Beerschot (sp shen?)

Love Belgium for a bargain regen.

I very, very rarely buy regens for more than 1 / 2 mil. They're got to be guaranteed world class with absolutely no flaws (except, maybe, "inconsistency" if they're otherwise superb) or I won't part with cash.

It's just too easy to get them for either compo or minimal fees (from Czech Republic, Denmark, Belgium, etc.) One of my best regens at Samp cost me 500k from Beerschot (sp shen?)

Love Belgium for a bargain regen.

:thumbup:

What condition is your pitch in?

I remember that when I played NAC a few games back. Trick is to give them time off from training during these congested spells. Then again, my players usually won in the Eredivisie even if they were around 75-85% at kickoff.

Will never know now since i'm into the next season (i'm guessing they relay it every year). I never had a message from whoever saying the pitch is in a bad state and telling me to go to the boardroom and ask for a new one to be laid. It was over 20 games and obviously not all of them were at home unless all pitches were shit

They don't relay it unless they tell you.

It didn't even occur to me. I bet our state is appalling and its' awful really considering I play a passing game.

You can visibly see in game if your pitch is terrible. Pitches have hidden stats for deteriaton and recovery rates and if you've a good pitch you'll never really need to relay it.

A bugbear of mine with Leicester on this is how shit our pitch is. The only thing we're world class at and it's not represented on FM!!

16i8o6c.png

Another siege, another triumph.

Really starting to love Lido, just struggling to drag myself away from Diablo to actually open FM, let alone actually even play the game, keep opening FM, pressing continue once, then 4 hours have passed and I've not done anything aha.

Maybe I'll be in the group stages sometime before FM14 is released...

Am I seeing this right? Monaco haven't had a manager for over a season?

54c9jb.jpg

I only looked because I noticed they had no manager which amazed me as they're 2nd, 18 points clear of 3rd and only 1 off PSG with 5 games left (I have to play both, too).

I find that very bizarre. A tiny part of me is tempted to try and take the job.

Am I seeing this right? Monaco haven't had a manager for over a season?

54c9jb.jpg

I only looked because I noticed they had no manager which amazed me as they're 2nd, 18 points clear of 3rd and only 1 off PSG with 5 games left (I have to play both, too).

I find that very bizarre. A tiny part of me is tempted to try and take the job.

Happened on one of my saves as well, I applied but got turned down, and for about 6 years now they've been managerless but my status is 'applied' meaning I can't apply again.

Archived