Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Animal rights

Just now, Buce said:

About thirty or so years ago, I did a few months working as a truck driver delivering disinfectant, bleach etc, and one of my regular deliveries was to Pedigree Petfoods in Melton. I have never smelled anything so disgusting in my life as that factory - and I've been to Nottingham...

Oh believe me i know, Pedigree was one of my clients when i was working as a warehouse system manager, and when we implemented their pallet control system i had to go in and do a stock check. It was the worst thing i have ever had to do in my life. The smell from the part cooked warm meat dog meat on the lines was absolutely disgusting. 

I actually had to leave after 15 mins as i was gagging too much (incoming female gag comments.)

• 7 months later...
On 22/07/2018 at 19:12, Suzie the Fox said:

Oh believe me i know, Pedigree was one of my clients when i was working as a warehouse system manager, and when we implemented their pallet control system i had to go in and do a stock check. It was the worst thing i have ever had to do in my life. The smell from the part cooked warm meat dog meat on the lines was absolutely disgusting. 

I actually had to leave after 15 mins as i was gagging too much (incoming female gag comments.)

Nearly 8 months later and not a single gagging joke.

For shame FoxesTalk!

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Been keeping an eye on how this develops, I hope they make their way to the UK too if the stories about the experience are remotely true.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Those trainers LOVE their animals..... 

Weir has been charged with nine offences, including three counts of engaging in the torturing, abusing, overworking and terrifying of a thoroughbred racehorse; three counts of causing unreasonable pain or suffering to a thoroughbred racehorse; one count of possess unregistered Category A longarm and; use controlled weapon without excuse.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/horse-trainer-charged-with-alleged-animal-cruelty-conspiracy-after-disqualification/news-story/5da98bdf358f30ca0f81baa8b91365d4

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, this industry needs to be closed DOWN.

Cruel inhumane and pointless, its only outcomes are greed and dead animals

https://www.news.com.au/sport/explosive-730-investigation-exposes-brutal-slaughter-of-thousands-of-healthy-racehorses/news-story/eafb209900ad1c18a38b2062ad679381

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Amazing, the horse loving race goers here have no response to this CRUELTY encouraged by TRAINERS AND OWNERS

Every trainer and owner on the link you have posted have said this is deplorable and has to change - which is correct.

Have you even read the article? 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-18/horse-racing-industry-responds-abc-investigation-animal-welfare/11615070

Using brandings and microchip readings taken by activists, 7.30 detected hundreds of racehorses representing millions of dollars in prizemoney at the abattoir in just 22 days of filming.

:wub:

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing
Kristy Bunny Alger

This is Gerry Harvey, of Harvey Norman fame. Owner of The Magic Millions horse auction house. Gerry Harvey is worth $2.2 billion dollars.

Explore the Wind was a horse bred by Gerry Harvey's stud farm. Born 11/11/2006, his last race is listed as being 2/9/2015 on the Sunshine Coast where he finished eight out of a field of eight. Explore the Wind was officially "retired" in 2017 aged only eleven years old. His last listed owners were K.J Walker, J.A Hammill, P. Bowden and C.P Raven. Walker is a current horse trainer.

Some time after his 2017 retirement, Explore the Wind was sent to Burns Pet Foods in NSW where he was slaughtered for dog meat.

All the money in the world, and not a single person was willing to guarantee him a long happy retirement.