Tielemans63 Posted 19 July 2012 Posted 19 July 2012 http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/19/ledley-king-retires-tottenham No great surprise but IMHO a real shame. I genuinely think he had the talent to have been England's best centre back. He always looked really assured playing for England and would have been a great if it weren't for the chronic knee problems he's had for years. It's a shame as the two most talented footbaling centre halves (again, IMHO) we've had for years are Woodgate and King. I think they would have been an unbelievable partnership if it weren't for injuries and Woodgate's self-inflicted problems.
Darkon84 Posted 19 July 2012 Posted 19 July 2012 http://www.guardian....tires-tottenham No great surprise but IMHO a real shame. I genuinely think he had the talent to have been England's best centre back. He always looked really assured playing for England and would have been a great if it weren't for the chronic knee problems he's had for years. It's a shame as the two most talented footbaling centre halves (again, IMHO) we've had for years are Woodgate and King. I think they would have been an unbelievable partnership if it weren't for injuries and Woodgate's self-inflicted problems. Good to see Im no the only one who always thought he was class. Again, same as Ledley, an absolute pisstake that both had such bad problems
leicesterisme Posted 19 July 2012 Posted 19 July 2012 As you both say, such a shame he wasn't able to fulfill his massive potential. I genuinely believe he would of been not only our best centre back but also one of the best in the world if it wasn't for injuries, I rated him that highly.
blueblood88 Posted 19 July 2012 Posted 19 July 2012 Shame, was a class act. Probably the best footballing centre half I have seen, always remember that goal he scored against Bradford (think it is still the fastest Premier League goal?)
Heart-Shaped Fox Posted 19 July 2012 Posted 19 July 2012 Always thought King (and even Woodgate) were much much better than Ferdinand, but injuries ruined King. Never could get going again after each knock, shame.
Corky Posted 19 July 2012 Posted 19 July 2012 So sad to see Ledley finish, very good player when fit. Would've been an England regular but for the injuries.
Fox92 Posted 19 July 2012 Posted 19 July 2012 Yet another player forced to retire because of injuries. Shame. No doubt he would have played more games for Spurs, as well as being a regular for England.
Captain... Posted 19 July 2012 Posted 19 July 2012 It's amazing he managed to continue as long as he did.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.