Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Lovell Stays at Dundee

What a prat. If he knew there was a chance he wernt coming because of his family why didnt he talk it over BEFORE he let us go through all they hassle of putting in bids etc. WHAT A TIT. We have now wasted time in looking for a different striker.

I hope he rues this decision for the rest of his life. Here was a golden opportunity to move up a level and enhance his career prospects and he turns it down. I doubt any teams bigger than us will be interested in him in the short term future.

What a prat. If he knew there was a chance he wernt coming because of his family why didnt he talk it over BEFORE he let us go through all they hassle of putting in bids etc. WHAT A TIT. We have now wasted time in looking for a different striker.

136754[/snapback]

If someone offered you a job in Dundee, wouldn't you listen to what they have to say before making a definite decision, regardless of your family commitments?

I never really got excited about this player anyway, yet again the OS announce somethiing when its not a done deal :rolleyes: Ok the OS did say it was due to the player agreeing terms but its the same old question why does the OS announce something when its not a done deal? Why not leave it until it is definetly gonna happen?! :unsure::rolleyes:

I never really got excited about this player anyway, yet again the OS announce somethiing when its not a done deal  :rolleyes: Ok the OS did say it was due to the player agreeing terms but its the same old question why does the OS announce something when its not a done deal? Why not leave it until it is definetly gonna happen?! :unsure:  :rolleyes:

136842[/snapback]

Damned if they do, damed if they dont............. Caught between a rock and a hard place.

Either of those old sayings apply here. The OS is often criticised for not keeping the fans updated and when it does it gets criticised for announcing it before the deal is done.

No win situation, although sometime criticsm of other aspects of the OS are well and truly justified.

IMO he wanted to play for the club... alot. But because of his family and probably fond memories in scotland he decided to stay.

i would be really annoyed now if he went on to sign for another english club, after just saying what i have.

Hi Im an Aberdeen fan and have been reading all the stuff which has been said about Steve Lovell on your forums. To be honest, I think Leicester are better off without Lovell. For that matter, so are Aberdeen. I have watched Lovell play up here at least 4 times and he aint anything special. Yeh he's fast etc but he cannot be compared to Andy Johnson. That boy is far and away 20 times the player Lovell will ever be. Lovell is very average and if he joined you guys, Levein would kick him out the door again come the end of next season cos he cant cut the mustard in the Championship. On the other hand, Kris Boyd is a good shout if Levein can get him. Kilmarnock are in a dire financial state and need the money desperately, ask any Scottish fan. Plus Boyd is strong, has a good strike on him and scored a fair few for Killie last season, was up amongst top scorers with Old Firm boys.

Finally, just to stick up for the SPL, I'll admit some of the teams wouldn't be able to give even the likes of Kidderminster a game, but Aberdeen and Hibernian are quality teams and could give the Championship teams a run for their money!!

He probably didn't want to be 4th choice striker.

Yeah he probably wanted to be on the starting line up every game.

136884[/snapback]

While I'm not saying he'd have been 1st choice I can't see why we'd spend 200k on a 4th choice striker...maybe if he was 20 and expected to be first choice the following year, but not otherwise.

136754[/snapback]

If someone offered you a job in Dundee, wouldn't you listen to what they have to say before making a definite decision, regardless of your family commitments?

136829[/snapback]

We're not talking about "a job" here, we're talking about playing football for Leicester City at the Walker Stadium for a cracking manager and with some cracking team-mates.

If I were offered the chance to play for Leicester I'd be happy to sign the contract blindfold, to give my wages to the LRI and to roller skate to the ground from anywhere in Britain.

I'd sooner turn down a lottery win than the chance of playing for City.

And, to answer your question about someone offering me a job in Dundee I did have a good, good friend who went up there to be a GP. Cost him his wife, his peace of mind and finally his life in barely three years. So, you can stick your Dundee (and I wouldn't want to listen to a word they had to say).

Biased, I am, see. All things football are blue and white as far as I'm concerned and everything else is just chocolate - or whatever else that hue reminds you of!.

I never really got excited about this player anyway, yet again the OS announce somethiing when its not a done deal  :rolleyes: Ok the OS did say it was due to the player agreeing terms but its the same old question why does the OS announce something when its not a done deal? Why not leave it until it is definetly gonna happen?! :unsure:  :rolleyes:

136842[/snapback]

And what about the fans getting their chants ready?

Kiss of death those sorts of things for any deal,

Hi Im an Aberdeen fan and have been reading all the stuff which has been said about Steve Lovell on your forums. To be honest, I think Leicester are better off without Lovell. For that matter, so are Aberdeen. I have watched Lovell play up here at least 4 times and he aint anything special. Yeh he's fast etc but he cannot be compared to Andy Johnson. That boy is far and away 20 times the player Lovell will ever be. Lovell is very average and if he joined you guys, Levein would kick him out the door again come the end of next season cos he cant cut the mustard in the Championship. On the other hand, Kris Boyd is a good shout if Levein can get him. Kilmarnock are in a dire financial state and need the money desperately, ask any Scottish fan. Plus Boyd is strong, has a good strike on him and scored a fair few for Killie last season, was up amongst top scorers with Old Firm boys.

Finally, just to stick up for the SPL, I'll admit some of the teams wouldn't be able to give even the likes of Kidderminster a game, but Aberdeen and Hibernian are quality teams and could give the Championship teams a run for their money!!

137026[/snapback]

Thanks for the input and good luck to Aberdeen next season.

136754[/snapback]

136829[/snapback]

We're not talking about "a job" here, we're talking about playing football for Leicester City at the Walker Stadium for a cracking manager and with some cracking team-mates.

If I were offered the chance to play for Leicester I'd be happy to sign the contract blindfold, to give my wages to the LRI and to roller skate to the ground from anywhere in Britain.

I'd sooner turn down a lottery win than the chance of playing for City.

And, to answer your question about someone offering me a job in Dundee I did have a good, good friend who went up there to be a GP. Cost him his wife, his peace of mind and finally his life in barely three years. So, you can stick your Dundee (and I wouldn't want to listen to a word they had to say).

Biased, I am, see. All things football are blue and white as far as I'm concerned and everything else is just chocolate - or whatever else that hue reminds you of!.

137039[/snapback]

You're looking at it from the perspective of being a fan though, and understandably so.

However, to a professional footballer it is a job more than anything. It's probably the thought of ending up like your GP friend that has put him off!

It's quite worrying that Levein is going for someone like that then. He should look down the leagues! Pawal Abbot scored a fair few for Huddersfield, Freddy Eastwood could be an option, and also Jevons, although he might be priced a bit high. There is tons of talent in leagues 1 and 2. I hope Levein realises that.

It's official, the guy obviously wanted to stay in Scotland...

Aberdeen have signed Steve Lovell from Dundee for a fee believed to be about £250,000 and the striker will be unveiled at a Thursday news conference. The Dons contacted relegated Dundee after the 24-year-old rejected a transfer to Leicester City.

Lovell said: "Everything has been agreed. I always wanted to stay in Scotland if I could."

But trialist striker Piotr Wlodarczyk's hopes of a move could be hampered by problems at home club Legia Warsaw.

Wlodarczyk is expected to play in Thursday's friendly against Highland League outfit Fraserburgh having already scored in the 2-0 win away to Montrose on Tuesday.

Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood is anxious to improve his striking options after some lean spells last season and hopes that his long pursuit of Lovell is coming to a conclusion.

We thought he was going to Leicester

Dundee manager Jim Duffy

"I'm delighted because he is a player we have been tracking for well over a year now," he said.

Dundee manager Jim Duffy had expected Lovell to return to his English homeland.

"We thought he was going to Leicester, but we respect his choice," said Duffy.

"He seemed happy with what their manager, Craig Levein, had to say and the terms being offered."

Lovell spent a few days mulling over the offer from Championship club Leicester before choosing to stay with Dundee for the time being.

Levein told his club's website of Lovell's reasoning for not moving south.

"After discussing the issue with his family back in Scotland, Steve felt that it wasn't the right move for him at this moment in time," he said.

Meanwhile, trialist Henry McStay, the Republic of Ireland Under-21 international, also played against Montrose and will find out soon if he is to be offered a contract.

Archived