Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Lovell Stays at Dundee

Yes Rangers + Celtic are the only decent clubs in Scotland, that is why they have dominated 4 the last 100 years.

What a muppet. If you would actually expand your pea-size UK football knowledge a little, you'd know that Aberdeen won the European Cup Winners Cup in 1983, AND the Super cup.

Two European trophies on one season?

And you say Rangers and Celtic have dominated Scotland for the past 100 years.

Get a grip.

Aberdeen are the most successul Scottish team who have played in europe. FACT.

And if Celtic and Rangers are so hard to beat, how did we beat Celtic last season, draw with Rangers, Dundee United beat Rangers, Motherwell beat Celtic, Hibs beat Celtic.

Exactly.

MUPPET.

138088[/snapback]

How come they finished about 30 points ahead of you then? And how many league titles have they got compared 2 you? I do believe that rangers have reached 50 and Celtic are closing in on the 50 mark, so how there isn't many years left.

138096[/snapback]

Kettle and Pot springs to mind ;)

138112[/snapback]

I think you're on a sticky wicket here Prior, after all the English Premier League is hardly a good role model. How many different teams have won the title since it was formed, you might also look at the points total of teams finishihg outside the top positions they where mostly nearer to relegation than the top.

Yeh but i am talking over the history of football, we have had more teams win it, and more teams come close to the top of the table who could win it. Also we have huge clubs, who if had the right manager and time, are big enough to win it. We have Chelsea, Arsenal, Man utd who are always there, Other teams who are big enough to win it are Newcastle, Liverpool, Everton, Villa. I am jst saying we have better standard of football and it is more competitive.

But it isnt 4 watching football, leave that 2 England, they can watch us in the World Cup.

No thanks. Seeing a cup re-run of 1966 is enough to put me asleep.

And even still, everyone knows you cheated. :P

138121[/snapback]

lol

On this note i will take the time to congratulate Scotland on there qualification to the World Cup 06 ;)

Yeah enjoy him m8. Do you really think we care he went to you? Its his choice if he doesnt have much ambition and wants to play in a shit league. We wont be losing any sleep over it.

138139[/snapback]

boring.gif

At least we dont go onto other forums bragging about shit players our club has signed. Well we cant because CL has signed any shit :)

And you are doing it 2 people who dont really give a shit. Infact why i am i writing this, its a waste of time trying to talk to someone who watches shite football everyweek and doesnt get to watch their country in major competiton, just draw 2-2 with the faroe islands! hahahahahaha :D How shit!

And you are doing it 2 people who dont really give a shit. Infact why i am i writing this, its a waste of time trying to talk to someone who watches shite football everyweek and doesnt get to watch their country in major competiton, just draw 2-2 with the faroe islands! hahahahahaha biggrin.gif How shit!

bitter.jpg

At least we dont go onto other forums bragging about shit players our club has signed. Well we cant because CL has signed any shit  :)

And you are doing it 2 people who dont really give a shit. Infact why i am i writing this, its a waste of time trying to talk to someone who watches shite football everyweek and doesnt get to watch their country in major competiton, just draw 2-2 with the faroe islands! hahahahahaha :D  How shit!

138144[/snapback]

Come on Prior resorting to 4 shits in the same response is an indication that you're losing the argument, you've put some facts forward let them speak for you, it does you a diservice talking like that. Chill out.

At least we dont go onto other forums bragging about shit players our club has signed. Well we cant because CL has signed any shit  :)

And you are doing it 2 people who dont really give a shit. Infact why i am i writing this, its a waste of time trying to talk to someone who watches shite football everyweek and doesnt get to watch their country in major competiton, just draw 2-2 with the faroe islands! hahahahahaha :D  How shit!

138144[/snapback]

Come on Prior resorting to 4 shits in the same response is an indication that you're losing the argument, you've put some facts forward let them speak for you, it does you a diservice talking like that. Chill out.

138171[/snapback]

Yeh good point :D I am chilled m8, jus think this bloke is a bit of a joke. Thinking that aberdeen are a bigger club than us. :D:D:D

Yes Rangers + Celtic are the only decent clubs in Scotland, that is why they have dominated 4 the last 100 years.

What a muppet. If you would actually expand your pea-size UK football knowledge a little, you'd know that Aberdeen won the European Cup Winners Cup in 1983, AND the Super cup.

Get a grip.

And if Celtic and Rangers are so hard to beat, how did we beat Celtic last season, draw with Rangers, Dundee United beat Rangers, Motherwell beat Celtic, Hibs beat Celtic.

Exactly.

MUPPET.

138088[/snapback]

How come they finished about 30 points ahead of you then? And how many league titles have they got compared 2 you? I do believe that rangers have reached 50 and Celtic are closing in on the 50 mark, so how there isn't many years left.

138096[/snapback]

Yes, but then, you probobly wouldn't know that the population of Glasgow is about 800,000. That's near enough to 4 times the size of Aberdeen.

Rangers and Celtic pull in crowds of 50k + every week. They get more publicity, more ticket sales money, they get near enough to ALL the TV money from Setanta. Whilst the rest of the SPL clubs have to rely on ticket sales and merch, sponsors etc.

If you knew anything about Scottish football you would understand, but obviously not.

138108[/snapback]

I'm sure I went to Aberdeen when I was younger, is there a Burger King on the seafront thats built on some sort of sea defence, or am I thinking of some where else :S Nice place though

Get a grip.

Exactly.

MUPPET.

138088[/snapback]

138096[/snapback]

Liverpool finished 37 points behind Chelsea last season, and look what happened to them. ;)

Yeah there's a Burger King down at the beach but there's also a cinema, restaurants and bingo hall.

Steve Lovell, in my opinion would have struggled in the Championship but he will do well in the SPL. Plus I reckon De Vries and Connelly will start the season up front. As Aberdeen are my Scottish team (you may have guessed by the sign in name) it's good they got Lovell as they were in more need of a striker than Leicester so I'm happy all round.

• 2 weeks later...
Steve Lovell has turned down the opportunity to switch to Leicester City.

The Foxes agreed terms with Scottish outfit Dundee for the striker's transfer last Friday.

But after thinking about the move over the weekend, the 24-year-old has opted to remain at Dens Park Stadium.

City manager Craig Levein said: "After discussing the issue with his family back in Scotland, Steve felt that it wasn't the right move for him at this moment in time."

Lovell made 36 appearances for the Dees last term and helped himself to 15 goals but could not help his side finishing bottom of the Scottish Premier Division.

The City squad set off on their five-day pre-season tour of Norway later today (Tuesday).

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~683926,00.html

Why would he turn us down to play for Dundee in the Scottish First Division? :huh:

He's messed us about. He has let us negociate with Dundee, negociate with him over a contract, give him a medical......and now he asys he doesn't want to come after all :ermm:

Waste of time.

136509[/snapback]

On teletext tonight (itv pg 407) it tells of dundee being relegated instead of livingstone.

Might this change lovells mind?

dundee certainly need the dosh, and might probably try to convince him thats its best all round if he goes.

We certainly need some extra blood upfront, unless craigs set to pounce elsewhere.

The Foxes agreed terms with Scottish outfit Dundee for the striker's transfer last Friday.

But after thinking about the move over the weekend, the 24-year-old has opted to remain at Dens Park Stadium.

City manager Craig Levein said: "After discussing the issue with his family back in Scotland, Steve felt that it wasn't the right move for him at this moment in time."

Lovell made 36 appearances for the Dees last term and helped himself to 15 goals but could not help his side finishing bottom of the Scottish Premier Division.

The City squad set off on their five-day pre-season tour of Norway later today (Tuesday).

Why would he turn us down to play for Dundee in the Scottish First Division? :huh:

He's messed us about. He has let us negociate with Dundee, negociate with him over a contract, give him a medical......and now he asys he doesn't want to come after all :ermm:

Waste of time.

136509[/snapback]

On teletext tonight (itv pg 407) it tells of dundee being relegated instead of livingstone.

dundee certainly need the dosh, and might probably try to convince him thats its best all round if he goes.

We certainly need some extra blood upfront, unless craigs set to pounce elsewhere.

144179[/snapback]

:huh:

Waste of time.

136509[/snapback]

144179[/snapback]

1. Dundee were relegated all along, they finish 2 points behind Livingston but wanted Livingston to have points docked rather than be fined (which they were) for paying Hassan Kachloul when he was on an amateur contract, that's what the story was about.

2. Lovell moved to Aberdeen on the 14th of July, two weeks ago.

Waste of time.

136509[/snapback]

144179[/snapback]

1. Dundee were relegated all along, they finish 2 points behind Livingston but wanted Livingston to have points docked rather than be fined (which they were) for paying Hassan Kachloul when he was on an amateur contract, that's what the story was about.

144430[/snapback]

Yes, this is where the supposition/theory from Lush runs out of steam

Now we'll have to turn our attention to Peter Crouch eh !

144430[/snapback]

I was just going to ask why dundee would want livingstone be deducted 2pts, but if lovell has moved to aberdeen, no point.

,Jul 26 2005, 3:08 PM]

Waste of time.

136509[/snapback]

144179[/snapback]

144430[/snapback]

144433[/snapback]

:smile:

,Jul 26 2005, 3:08 PM]1. Dundee were relegated all along, they finish 2 points behind Livingston but wanted Livingston to have points docked rather than be fined (which they were) for paying Hassan Kachloul when he was on an amateur contract, that's what the story was about.

144430[/snapback]

I was just going to ask why dundee would want livingstone be deducted 2pts, but if lovell has moved to aberdeen, no point.

144463[/snapback]

They wanted 3 points at least, because it would mean Livingston would be relegated instead of Dundee (Livingston had a much better goal difference).

144433[/snapback]

Sorry, MR PERFECT

:S

144465[/snapback]

The title is a great weight or me to live up to Lush. Please don't spend too much time trying to spot a mistake from me, believe me I do make them, very occasionally :P

They wanted 3 points at least, because it would mean Livingston would be relegated instead of Dundee (Livingston had a much better goal difference).

144467[/snapback]

So what does `Dundee were relegated all along` mean?

144433[/snapback]

Sorry, MR PERFECT

:S

144465[/snapback]

The title is a great weight or me to live up to Lush. Please don't spend too much time trying to spot a mistake from me, believe me I do make them, very occasionally :P

144479[/snapback]

why have a go at me then :(

Archived