Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Lovell Stays at Dundee

Steve Lovell has turned down the opportunity to switch to Leicester City.

The Foxes agreed terms with Scottish outfit Dundee for the striker's transfer last Friday.

But after thinking about the move over the weekend, the 24-year-old has opted to remain at Dens Park Stadium.

City manager Craig Levein said: "After discussing the issue with his family back in Scotland, Steve felt that it wasn't the right move for him at this moment in time."

Lovell made 36 appearances for the Dees last term and helped himself to 15 goals but could not help his side finishing bottom of the Scottish Premier Division.

The City squad set off on their five-day pre-season tour of Norway later today (Tuesday).

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~683926,00.html

Why would he turn us down to play for Dundee in the Scottish First Division? :huh:

He's messed us about. He has let us negociate with Dundee, negociate with him over a contract, give him a medical......and now he asys he doesn't want to come after all :ermm:

Waste of time.

Or he might have kids settled at school, and decided that the upheaval of a move, or him living down here with them up in Dundee wasn't worth it?

Who knows?

The Foxes agreed terms with Scottish outfit Dundee for the striker's transfer last Friday.

But after thinking about the move over the weekend, the 24-year-old has opted to remain at Dens Park Stadium.

City manager Craig Levein said: "After discussing the issue with his family back in Scotland, Steve felt that it wasn't the right move for him at this moment in time."

Lovell made 36 appearances for the Dees last term and helped himself to 15 goals but could not help his side finishing bottom of the Scottish Premier Division.

The City squad set off on their five-day pre-season tour of Norway later today (Tuesday).

Why would he turn us down to play for Dundee in the Scottish First Division? :huh:

He's messed us about. He has let us negociate with Dundee, negociate with him over a contract, give him a medical......and now he asys he doesn't want to come after all :ermm:

Waste of time.

136509[/snapback]

AS PREDICTED!!!!

I would have thought you'd all have learned by now not to assume anything until the signature is there on the paper. The outcome was obvious when he asked for "48 hours" and when he didn't make the Norway trip. Bit fish in a little pool might come into it but I wouldn't be surprised if he has other options.

hmmmphh!

136513[/snapback]

In a way i am 'slightly' happy that he didnt come, we will be on the look out for a new striker :)

'Breaking News : James Scowcroft takes a U-Turn back from Coventry City F.C and heads back to Leicester' :blink:

AS PREDICTED!!!!

I would have thought you'd all have learned by now not to assume anything until the signature is there on the paper. The outcome was obvious when he asked for "48 hours" and when he didn't make the Norway trip. Bit fish in a little pool might come into it but I wouldn't be surprised if he has other options.

136518[/snapback]

Good call. ;)

Onwards and upwards.

Waste of time.

136509[/snapback]

AS PREDICTED!!!!

136518[/snapback]

Does that make you happy then?

:ph34r:

I knew this would happen when he asked for an additional 48 hours. You either want to join, or you don't - he obviously was unsure so in a way I am kind of glad he hasn't come.

Kris Boyd or Leroy Lita please Craig! :)

I knew this would happen when he asked for an additional 48 hours. You either want to join, or you don't - he obviously was unsure so in a way I am kind of glad he hasn't come.

Kris Boyd or Leroy Lita please Craig! :)

136531[/snapback]

if leeroy lita came, i wud be amazingly happy, i wud prob go and buy another new home and away shirt and slap his name n number on the back

Typical that, made us go to the expence of a medical etc and then tells us to sod off! Surely he knew his kids were settled before he agreed to sign so thats a rubbish excuse if thats the case.

The search goes on...........

And Patrik Gerrbrand is now refusing to go on a training camp because Hammarby wouldn't let him go to LCFC last week, according to one of the "gossip mags" around here...

http://expressen.se/index.jsp?a=402874

I really don't know what to say about this mess.

In Britain I support Leicester City since many years, but I can't say I'm really that into it honestly.

I LOVE Hammarby more than anything.

And I think "Totte" Gerrbrand is one of our best defenders indeed, and definitely he would be a great loss for us. On the other hand I think he deserves to go out in Europe, develop and get further as a football player. And approx 300 000 pounds is not a bad offer, maybe a little low depending to what Hammarby need in the moment, but you have to he signed a three year deal just a couple of months ago, so that he would be sure he wouldn't go as a Bosman, and that Hammarby should get some money for him.

As I said, I really don't know what to think about this. The best of course would be if Leicester raised the offer a bit so that Gerrbrand could go for half a million pounds and Hammarby could by a new quality defender.

But can and will Leicester afford that?

/g

Waste of time.

136509[/snapback]

AS PREDICTED!!!!

136518[/snapback]

136524[/snapback]

Certainly does. If he's not 100 per cent committed he's no use to us. I've seen enough of half-committed footballers in City colours over recent years, thanks.

And Patrik Gerrbrand is now refusing to go on a training camp because Hammarby wouldn't let him go to LCFC last week, according to one of the "gossip mags" around here...

In Britain I support Leicester City since many years, but I can't say I'm really that into it honestly.

And I think "Totte" Gerrbrand is one of our best defenders indeed, and definitely he would be a great loss for us.  On the other hand I think he deserves to go out in Europe, develop and get further as a football player. And approx 300 000 pounds is not a bad offer, maybe a little low depending to what Hammarby need in the moment, but you have to he signed a three year deal just a couple of months ago, so that he would be sure he wouldn't go as a Bosman, and that Hammarby should get some money for him.

As I said, I really don't know what to think about this. The best of course would be if Leicester raised the offer a bit so that Gerrbrand could go for half a million pounds and Hammarby could by a new quality defender.

/g

136541[/snapback]

We may use some of the money we would hae spent on Lovell to increase our offer, but I think it mroe likely craig will keep it back for another striker target...

And I think "Totte" Gerrbrand is one of our best defenders indeed, and definitely he would be a great loss for us.  On the other hand I think he deserves to go out in Europe, develop and get further as a football player. And approx 300 000 pounds is not a bad offer, maybe a little low depending to what Hammarby need in the moment, but you have to he signed a three year deal just a couple of months ago, so that he would be sure he wouldn't go as a Bosman, and that Hammarby should get some money for him.

/g

136541[/snapback]

If I was Gerrbrand and had signed a contract to facilitate my club getting a fee they obviously need (nieve as that might have been without a written transfer valuation) and now they have moved the goalposts as a thankyou I would give the chairman one hour to have a rethink and then would see my lawyer with the promise that I would take my action all the way.

If what is suggested is true, they are kicking him in the balls. It is a doubful right - being able to restrict an individual's choice as to where he works - and if it is not to be tested further in the courts, then a bit of integrity is called for.

The incident (as it sounds) would make players very reluctant to sign a contract in future which might help the club out of financial difficulties. I would suggest Hammarby might think about this cos they might need help in a similar fashion in future.

They might also get a few phone calls from other needy club chairman who are pissed off by Hammarby rocking the boat and harming their own chances of a financial lifeline. Hammarby should let him go with good grace, it seems to me - unless, of course, the story has only half been told.

Knew this would happen after he asked for another 24 hours. Its most likely to do with his family, and them being settled in Dundee.

I gues Burton or Boyd will be out next targets.

As long as he doesn't sign for Cov, or Derby in the next couple of weeks, for example, I'm not that bothered.

He was offered the chance to come here and turned it down. Stuff like that happens all the time, and I'm sure whoever comes in instead of him will do a decent enough job...I hope!

Never mind his goalscoring record in England was'nt really impressive , we dont want players that aren't 100% comitted im sure CL has got his eye on a few more strikers :D

I was refering to the fact that you seemed that you were more pleased that your prediction came true.

Waste of time.

136509[/snapback]

AS PREDICTED!!!!

136518[/snapback]

136524[/snapback]

Certainly does. If he's not 100 per cent committed he's no use to us. I've seen enough of half-committed footballers in City colours over recent years, thanks.

136543[/snapback]

oh well better we found out sooner than later

would have been a complete waste had he come but his heart not be in it

i think we still should be ok - if CL is still persuing Gerrbrand, O Brien and any more we should be decent with or without Lovell.

Its a shame though, having agreed fee, passed medical and agreed terms to be told no..

I find it slightly bizarre that he opted out at such a late stage. If it was down to his family, then why would he entertain the deal in the first place?

To be honest, I've never seen him play, so I'm not too fussed over the whole thing. I hope Levein can use those available funds for another striker he may have lined up.

Pleased about this, i didn't make a comment when we had agreed a fee for him because i wasn't best pleased. I can't understand what made us go for him in the first place, he's not much of a goalscorer, fair enough he's had a decent season in a crap team so a standout, but to be honest, any striker who is interested in coming down to England either in the Championship or Premiership has to be scoring at least 20+ a season in the Scottish league, because 80% of the time they are playing against League1/2 opponants.

I'd prefer us to get someone in on loan from the Premiership or abroad than strikers that have only proved themselves in Scotland. They've only done that for a reason.

Archived