Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Waghorns pre match shooting

That was 09/10 Fox92.

He isn't good enough for this league, 2009 was three years ago that's how quick it's gone.

We should of sold him a long time ago, I wouldn't even put him on the bench, Schlupp has more talent than Waghorn.

Waghorn has done bugger all for a very long time, therefore he needs to go, waste of wages.

lol And what has Schlupp done exactly?

he needs to work on various aspects of his game, such as controlling a ball and finishing.

This wouldn't sound too bad if we weren't talking about a championship striker ..... But we are. It's just embarrassing for the bloke to need someone to defend him by saying he needs to work on control and finishing....

It's like saying an experienced accountant needs to work on his adding up, or a journalist work on his grammar!!!

He's shit. Face it.

This wouldn't sound too bad if we weren't talking about a championship striker ..... But we are. It's just embarrassing for the bloke to need someone to defend him by saying he needs to work on control and finishing....

It's like saying an experienced accountant needs to work on his adding up, or a journalist work on his grammar!!!

He's shit. Face it.

I didn't know you felt so strong about it.

No player in the World is complete. Even the likes of Messi and Xavi will continue to improve parts of their game. Remember, Waghorn is still fairly young and if he improves his control and finishing, I think he has the potential to be a good striker at this level. He had a good season under Pearson, followed by an injury and being played one week and dropped the next. I'm not saying he's our best striker, he isn't, but I think he is decent and ok as a squad player at the minute.

The key word is in bold. Waghorn is still fairly young, and not exactly experienced.

I didn't know you felt so strong about it.

No player in the World is complete. Even the likes of Messi and Xavi will continue to improve parts of their game. Remember, Waghorn is still fairly young and if he improves his control and finishing, I think he has the potential to be a good striker at this level. He had a good season under Pearson, followed by an injury and being played one week and dropped the next. I'm not saying he's our best striker, he isn't, but I think he is decent and ok as a squad player at the minute.

The key word is in bold. Waghorn is still fairly young, and not exactly experienced.

It's a damning indictment though isn't it? He's fairly young and may improve!?

I really do feel strongly about it to be fair.... He was signed during a period where we were absolutely desperate for three things .... A signing, a hero and a striker.... We just made him fit into that box and he was never going to.

If you struck the ball as badly as he does in a warm up for a pub team you'd be laughed off the park. He really is a woeful football player for me.... I can't think of anything nice to say about the lad - even "he's not very old so has time to improve" seems like its almost pity on the guy we'd love to make it but know he won't.

If you struck the ball as badly as he does in a warm up for a pub team you'd be laughed off the park. He really is a woeful football player for me.... I can't think of anything nice to say about the lad - even "he's not very old so has time to improve" seems like its almost pity on the guy we'd love to make it but know he won't.

He's 22 now, will be 23 halfway through this season. In football that simply isn't "time to improve" lots of players at all levels of the game are regular fixtures in their sides by that age, Middlesborough had two teenagers, Adam Reach and Luke Williams, playing and scoring for them on Tuesday both 19. Footballers don't develop more technical ability with age, that is done in the youth academies not in first team training. They should learn more about their own game and the game as a whole with age as they get more experience through playing in different styles and from different coaches suggesting different things to them, this should lead to them becoming better plays with age, but that has nothing to do with them being able to trap a ball better. However, as Waghorn isn't starting this is unlikely to happen for him.

You're right hes not good enough, Schlupp has more potential and time so a pragmatic manager would get him off the wage bill to give the youngsters a step up the ladder. It would help Waghorn's career as well, being on the bench for us does nothing for him especially not when he'll never come on if hes sitting next to Nugent, Fuctas and Schlupp.

Archived