Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milton Keynes Fox

Biggest Scapegoat at this club

138 members have voted

1. 1. Biggest Scapegoat?

• Lloyd Dyer
    • Jermaine Beckford
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Liam Moore
    • Jamie Vardy
    • Kasper
    • WELLENS
    • Paul Gallagher

Don't really see the point in a poll as every player that has been at the club any length of time will have people that don't rate them. It's the nature of football fans I am afraid.

As far as Beckford being scape goated goes, I would say that is not really the case but may seem that way sometimes as he gets spoken of more than most but he also gets more praise than some players who have arguably done more for the club.

Beckford? Ha, don't make me laugh.

There are about 10 people on here who ever have a go at Beckford and they are slated by the masses, whilst there are about 3 people on here who rate Wellens. Beckford is far from a scapegoat in fact I'd say he's one of the best supported underperforming players at the club. Gallagher I'd say is a close runner-up to Wellens as he is slated for no reason, booed and blamed when ever he is substituted on despite the fact that it's poor performances of other players that lead to him coming on in the first place.

Every player on the list is one bad game away from being chucked under the bus with our fickle fans.

So long as we're throwing our fickle fans under the bus too then that's okay :thumbup:

Beckford is routinely given the blame for the performance of the team as a whole, as is Wellens, and thus they're not just criticised but scapegoated.

No he's not.

People criticise Beckford's performances because they routinely have a detrimental impact on the team.

Nobody blames the entire team's performance on Beckford. There's a not particularly subtle distinction you're not grasping there.

I'll give you Wellens actually, arguably he has been scapegoated over the past year or so.

Easily Wellens.

He has had one average/poor season, like most of the squad, and gets hammered by most people. Overall, he has been a good signing for the club, and can still hold the ball well. Sadly his legs are going now, add that with a bad injury, but he has still been a good player for many years.

No he's not.

People criticise Beckford's performances because they routinely have a detrimental impact on the team.

Nobody blames the entire team's performance on Beckford. There's a not particularly subtle distinction you're not grasping there.

I'll give you Wellens actually, arguably he has been scapegoated over the past year or so.

I'm not saying every performance but there have been times I have heard our fans sitting around me (may have just been where I've sat as I guess it's the same people all around so may be worse where I sat last year than for others) berating Beckford, but not only that as regularly it's deserved, but further blaming all the teams defensive frailties and conceding of many goals which are nothing to do with Beckford on his decisions not to track back. People round me have regularly blamed him for the defensive failure of the rest of the team, even when it has nothing to do with him.

Scapegoat - a person made to bear the blame for others. Remind me how I'm not grasping the distinction.

Edit: Also it doesn't have to be the entire team's performance it can be just a group, e.g if a partnership including Beckford and Nugent was unsuccessful, with neither playing well or scoring, and people said it was because Beckford's sh*t, that would be scapegoating.

I'm not saying every performance but there have been times I have heard our fans sitting around me (may have just been where I've sat as I guess it's the same people all around so may be worse where I sat last year than for others) berating Beckford, but not only that as regularly it's deserved, but further blaming all the teams defensive frailties and conceding of many goals which are nothing to do with Beckford on his decisions not to track back. People round me have regularly blamed him for the defensive failure of the rest of the team, even when it has nothing to do with him.

Scapegoat - a person made to bear the blame for others. Remind me how I'm not grasping the distinction.

Edit: Also it doesn't have to be the entire team's performance it can be just a group, e.g if a partnership including Beckford and Nugent was unsuccessful, with neither playing well or scoring, and people said it was because Beckford's sh*t, that would be scapegoating.

Two or three people at the ground doesn't make him the biggest scapegoat, where I sit no one has a bad word to say about Beckford. You can read more into the greater selection of fans on here who refuse to accept Beckford has ever had a bad game, and seem to have forgot that Wellens ever had a good one.

Two or three people at the ground doesn't make him the biggest scapegoat, where I sit no one has a bad word to say about Beckford. You can read more into the greater selection of fans on here who refuse to accept Beckford has ever had a bad game, and seem to have forgot that Wellens ever had a good one.

Well no, but I said Wellens and then Beckford. Wellens is definitely the most, and from where I sat last year I thought Beckford was also largely scapegoated. Maybe not on FT so much but I still think he's a large amongst many of our fans. I'm not sure many of the others on the list are scapegoated much, if at all, hence only mentioning Wellens and Beckford.

Well no, but I said Wellens and then Beckford. Wellens is definitely the most, and from where I sat last year I thought Beckford was also largely scapegoated. Maybe not on FT so much but I still think he's a large amongst many of our fans. I'm not sure many of the others on the list are scapegoated much, if at all, hence only mentioning Wellens and Beckford.

What about Gallagher being booed constantly, even before he goes on the pitch, would you not say that's being scapegoated a little more than Beckford?

What about Gallagher being booed constantly, even before he goes on the pitch, would you not say that's being scapegoated a little more than Beckford?

Haha very good, fair point. No you're right, Wellens then Gallagher then Beckford for me then. Had completely forgot Gallagher existed bless him.

Dyer- "Can't cross or score, only has pace"

Beckford- Above

Pearson- "Route one football"

Moore- "the guy can't defend"

Vardy- "He hasn't done much up front really"

Kasper- "i'm unsure of mike stowells influence on me, looks dodgy"

Wellens-.....

Gally- "you're shit!"

Sounds like the Kop...

:P

Archived