Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milton Keynes Fox

Biggest Scapegoat at this club

138 members have voted

1. 1. Biggest Scapegoat?

• Lloyd Dyer
    • Jermaine Beckford
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Liam Moore
    • Jamie Vardy
    • Kasper
    • WELLENS
    • Paul Gallagher

At the Charlton game:

Beckford narrowly shoots over: Booing, abuse, etc

Nugent narrowly shoots over: Cheering, singing his name, etc

I know that on Tuesday the fans' annoyance with Beckford gradually built up, due to him not challenging for most headers, sometimes not working hard, some poor touches and finishing. Also, if he were a proper poacher, then he would've bagged a couple of goals, as there were a few half-chances in the six-yard box that a poacher like Defoe would've snatched. However, the fact remains that the difference in reaction between the same sort of shot and miss from Beckford and Nugent is ridiculous.

At the Charlton game:

Beckford narrowly shoots over: Booing, abuse, etc

Nugent narrowly shoots over: Cheering, singing his name, etc

I know that on Tuesday the fans' annoyance with Beckford gradually built up, due to him not challenging for most headers, sometimes not working hard, some poor touches and finishing. Also, if he were a proper poacher, then he would've bagged a couple of goals, as there were a few half-chances in the six-yard box that a poacher like Defoe would've snatched. However, the fact remains that the difference in reaction between the same sort of shot and miss from Beckford and Nugent is ridiculous.

Maybe Beckford needs to put on a cheesy grin all game?

Maybe Beckford needs to put on a cheesy grin all game?

Probably make things worse - "Fans" will be antagonised by this, as they will see it as him being happy that he is not putting any effort in.

He could score a hattrick of 20 yard headers, with the biggest grin on his face and people will still remember the chance he missed earlier in the game.

Has to be Gally for me. If he played like Marshall did on Tuesday, he would have been booed off the pitch. He was poor last season, no denying that, but I don't think he is a terrible player at all, as every man and his dog calls him nowadays

For me it's Beckford followed by Pearson, both of these can't do right.

Beckford shoots *goes over* "**** sake beckford your shit"

Beckford doesn't shoot he passes "****ing shoot beckford"

Don't even get me started on Pearson...

I think seeing who everyone votes for will emphasise that the scapegoating is getting ridiculous, we play as a team, we lose as a team.

Just for the picky ones:

Dyer- "Can't cross or score, only has pace"

Beckford- Above

Pearson- "Route one football"

Moore- "the guy can't defend"

Vardy- "He hasn't done much up front really"

Kasper- "i'm unsure of mike stowells influence on me, looks dodgy"

Wellens-.....

Gally- "you're shit!"

Great post. I can't stand all this constant slagging off of the team we're all supposed to support.

I don't really see how Beckford is a Scapegoat? The fact is that he has performed way under the level expected, and hasn't ever looked that bothered thus criticism is entirely fair. People have perhaps been over the top with the criticism but that's not what scapegoating is. Wellens is much more of a scapegoat as is Pearson.

I don't really see how Beckford is a Scapegoat? The fact is that he has performed way under the level expected, and hasn't ever looked that bothered thus criticism is entirely fair. People have perhaps been over the top with the criticism but that's not what scapegoating is. Wellens is much more of a scapegoat as is Pearson.

Exactly! I don't think a lot of the people who've voted for Beckford know what a scapegoat is. Beckford might get criticised the most, but I've never heard or read anything unjustly blaming him for the club's situation. Beckford actually gets a lot of praise, even though he still hasn't really hit form since he's been here. I think a lot of fans have faith that he'll turn out to be a good player, which is really strange, considering how often he plays badly, and how long most players get before the fans form an opinion of them.

Biggest scapegoat is Wellens. Some people still aren't sick of the jokes about blaming him for everything. Gallagher and Pearson are 2nd and 3rd.

Archived