Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milton Keynes Fox

Biggest Scapegoat at this club

138 members have voted

1. 1. Biggest Scapegoat?

• Lloyd Dyer
    • Jermaine Beckford
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Liam Moore
    • Jamie Vardy
    • Kasper
    • WELLENS
    • Paul Gallagher

For me it's Beckford followed by Pearson, both of these can't do right.

Beckford shoots *goes over* "**** sake beckford your shit"

Beckford doesn't shoot he passes "****ing shoot beckford"

Don't even get me started on Pearson...

I think seeing who everyone votes for will emphasise that the scapegoating is getting ridiculous, we play as a team, we lose as a team.

Just for the picky ones:

Dyer- "Can't cross or score, only has pace"

Beckford- Above

Pearson- "Route one football"

Moore- "the guy can't defend"

Vardy- "He hasn't done much up front really"

Kasper- "i'm unsure of mike stowells influence on me, looks dodgy"

Wellens-.....

Gally- "you're shit!"

It's nothing to do with a scapegoat, it's just a flavour-of-the-month-moan-a-thon indicative of the supporters of this and many other clubs.

It seems like only a player who consistently plays out of his skin (Eg. Kingy up until the end of 2010/11) will be judged as decent and if they have a slump in form they'll have maybe a month before people will start calling for their head. After a player has been judged as so they'll only get pats on the back when they play when but jumped on every time they play poorly. (Eg. Gally, Kingy of the last 1 1/2 seasons). Can't wait til this happens to Nugent/Schmeichel/Konchesky).

Is the poll asking who I think people think is the biggest scapegoat? Or who would I scapegoat personally?

If it's asking who I think people think is the biggest scapegoat, then my answer would be it changes on a game by game basis. Right now I think it's Beckford followed closely by Dyer as far as our players go.

Scapegoat - A person or group made to bear the blame for others.

Right now the only scapegoating surrounding Beckford is from those who are claiming it's not his fault he only scored 9 league goals last season.

Nobody is being scapegoated at the club as a whole in reality.

Scapegoat - A person or group made to bear the blame for others.

Right now the only scapegoating surrounding Beckford is from those who are claiming it's not his fault he only scored 9 league goals last season.

Nobody is being scapegoated at the club as a whole in reality.

Beckford is routinely given the blame for the performance of the team as a whole, as is Wellens, and thus they're not just criticised but scapegoated.

Archived