Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MR-DD

Blackpool fan in peace

Hey guys and girls my name is MR-DD from Blackpool fans forum www.backhenrystreet.co.uk

I have a few questions if you can answer please

1. What do you think the score will be on Saturday ?

2. Where do you think Leicester will finish this season?

3. Where do you think Blackpool will finish this season?

4. Who do you think Leicester's biggest threat is?

5. Who do you think Blackpool's biggest threat is?

6. Best signing for Leicester this year?

7. Best signing for Blackpool this year?

8. If you could buy one Blackpool player who would it be and why?

9. Your views on Nigel Pearson? (honest opinions please)

10. Your Views on Ian Holloway? (honest opinions please)

Thanks

Hey guys and girls my name is MR-DD from Blackpool fans forum www.backhenrystreet.co.uk

Thanks

1) 2-1 Leicester

2) 5th

3) 3rd

4) King

5) Thomas ince

6) vardy

7) no idea

8) in our situation Kevin Phillips

9) decent manager

10) hilarious

1. 2-1 Leicester

2. 4th

3. 5th

4. Ben Marshall

5. Ince

6. Too early to say really but so far i'd say Vardy.

7. No idea who you've signed.

8. Matt Phillips, Best winger in the league.

9. He's done it for us before and i trust him to do it again . Got us playing really well this season but we have had no luck as of yet .

10. Funny guy in the media.

Leicester to win 2-1

Top two/playoffs

Top two/playoffs

Andy King

Thomas Ince

Jamie Vardy

Not very impressed with Blackpool's transfer activity this summer. Thomas Ince was probably their best signing last season.

Again, Thomas Ince. The lad has bags of potential and looks a real class act.

Very good at getting the best out of players, very good eye for a young player. He's got us playing attractive, attacking football and I honestly think he'll get us promoted this season if we continue to play as well as we have at the start of this season. Our results so far don't really give a good impression of our performances.

Wrong manager at the wrong time for us, but since he left Leicester he seems to have changed his footballing philosophy and achieved great things at Blackpool. He'll never be forgiven for taking Leicester down to the third tier for the first time in their history, but I think a lot of fans would agree he is a better manager now. Without wanting to take a swipe at Blackpool, he seems to do better with smaller teams on limited budgets where expectations are possibly not as high. I think a lot of people would like him more if he kept his trap shut and stopped his 'comedic' rants and just got on with the job, but I think he's a bit marmite, you either love him or hate him and unfortunately, because of what he did for us, a lot of Leicester fans are never going to love him.

Thanks

Leicester 3-1 Blackpool

6th

5th

If he isn't isolated out wide; Ben Marshall. He has the ability to provide goals and score. Vardy as well, who you most probably know. He will work hard, win headers and hold the ball well.

Ince.

Still slightly early, but Jamie Vardy and Richie De Laet have been impressive.

Don't know - I haven't seen you play yet.

Ince. From what I've seen of him on the highlights, he looks good and has the potential to be better. Tricky, has the pace and can finish.

Always liked him. Seems to get the right players in, and get the most out of them. I believe we will do well under his management.

Took the club to it's lowest so I don't like him. Seems to do well with lower expectations (that's no disrespect) and limited cash, hence he has done well at Plymouth and more recently Blackpool. His style of play seems to suits you as well, but I wasn't impressed with him when he was here.

I like some of the oppinions on Hollaway. Took this club down.Twat. Well can you remember when it wasnt going well for pearson last season most idiots on here were saying it wasnt his team but Pearson is god.well it wasn't holloway's team when we went down. But for some reason he is a twat. You only have to look what he does with HIS team. The bloke is outspoken at times, but for me i would have given the bloke a chance to build his team at leicester then maybe just maybe we could have been in the prem.

1. 2-1 2. 6th 3. Top 6 4. Ourselves 5. Bolton 6. Knockaert or Vardy 7. Haven't seen enough of you to make that judgement 8. Ince 9. Honest, straightforward, level headed, financially sensible, good organiser 10. Some fans blame him for our relegation to league one but I don't. The club was in too much of a mess when he got here. He's a good manager and a funny man, even when he doesn't mean to be

1- 3-2 Blackpool

2- 5th

3-3rd

4-Vardy

5- Ince or Phillips

6-Knockaert

7-? lol

8- Ince, hes gonna be a top player!

9- Old School manager that likes buying young hungry players

10- good manager, needs to be a little less opinionated imo

why?

1. What do you think the score will be on Saturday ? - 2-1

2. Where do you think Leicester will finish this season? - 7th

3. Where do you think Blackpool will finish this season? - 8th

4. Who do you think Leicester's biggest threat is?- Vardy

5. Who do you think Blackpool's biggest threat is? - N/A

6. Best signing for Leicester this year? - Vardy

7. Best signing for Blackpool this year? - ?

8. If you could buy one Blackpool player who would it be and why? - Ince

9. Your views on Nigel Pearson? (honest opinions please) - Positive

10. Your Views on Ian Holloway? (honest opinions please) - Shite at Leicester..since has been brilliant

Thanks

1. What do you think the score will be on Saturday ? Leicester 4-0

2. Where do you think Leicester will finish this season? Second

3. Where do you think Blackpool will finish this season? Who gives a F

4. Who do you think Leicester's biggest threat is? Themselves

5. Who do you think Blackpool's biggest threat is? Who gives a F

6. Best signing for Leicester this year? too early to say

7. Best signing for Blackpool this year? Who are ya?

8. If you could buy one Blackpool player who would it be and why? Couldn't tell you who plays for them.

9. Your views on Nigel Pearson? (honest opinions please) pragmatic, boring, steady

10. Your Views on Ian Holloway? (honest opinions please) clown.

Leicester 2 - 1 Blackpool

Somewhere in the Top Six, probably about 4th.

Just outside the Play-Offs, 8th.

Ben Marshall if he can recapture his form from last season, but Andy King has had a good start and could do well again on Saturday.

Thomas Ince.

Too early to say, but Knockaert looks like he has a lot of potential, of those that we've seen properly I'd say Vardy, but Whitbread sounds good from what Norwich fans have said.

Don't have a clue.

Ince.

Good manager, cleaned up the mess left by Holloway and the managers who came before him, good at getting the best out of limited players. Has along with our scouting team picked out some good players and brought in some talented youngsters like Cleverley and Davies on loan. Isn't as interested in the attention of the media as Holloway and probably has an overall better track-record than Holloway. That said this year is going to be a big test for him.

Has done a pretty good job at Blackpool, he has obviously found a system that works now, but I can't help but think he will be found out if he ever moves to, no disrespect to yourselves, a bigger club. I don't believe that he's a great manager like I'm sure many elsewhere do, but he has certainly done well for you. It'd be interesting to see him get a job at a club with greater expectations than Blackpool.

1. What do you think the score will be on Saturday ? 0-0

2. Where do you think Leicester will finish this season? 9th

3. Where do you think Blackpool will finish this season? Top 2

4. Who do you think Leicester's biggest threat is? Probably Vardy after last week

5. Who do you think Blackpool's biggest threat is? Don't really care

6. Best signing for Leicester this year? Vardy/Knockeart

7. Best signing for Blackpool this year? Don't know

8. If you could buy one Blackpool player who would it be and why? Would have bought Charlie Adam when you had him, I suppose Ince is your best bet now

9. Your views on Nigel Pearson? (honest opinions please) - Never go back and he shouldn't have come back - now he is here, he seems to be trying to build a young team from scratch, which is admirable but if it takes him too long he will get the elbow - unfortunately expectation at Leicester will outweigh the patience needed to do this. Should go on a media course to learn how to do the 'whipping the fans up' bit of the job but seems a decent bloke, which apparently for many of our fans is enough.

10. Your Views on Ian Holloway? (honest opinions please) Based on the theory that keeps Pearson here after a dismal 2nd half of a season with another mans team, he should have stayed at Leicester, where I think we would have become the new Blackpool but with more money - he does seem to get the best out of players and should also perhaps go on a media course, if only to teach others how to entertain in this sphere as well - one of Mandaric' worst decisions sacking him, especially when you look at the adventures Blackpool have been on while we have been keeping mid table warm

I like some of the oppinions on Hollaway. Took this club down.Twat. Well can you remember when it wasnt going well for pearson last season most idiots on here were saying it wasnt his team but Pearson is god.well it wasn't holloway's team when we went down. But for some reason he is a twat. You only have to look what he does with HIS team. The bloke is outspoken at times, but for me i would have given the bloke a chance to build his team at leicester then maybe just maybe we could have been in the prem.

By his own admission he was awful with us and has said he learnt so much about how not to play football when with us, defensive hoof-ball and gamesmanship. Unfortunately for us it got us relegated to the lowest level in our history and wiped out the only significant piece of honour we could cling to that of never having been below level two along with only 8 other clubs.

He became Manager as early as Nov 2007 when we were 17th and had 31 games to play. More than enough time to get settled and make sure we were better than three teams. No one was expecting him to get promotion but avoiding relegation was well within the means of a decent manager.

And Signed the following players

Barry Hayles

Steve Howard

Matt Oakley

Harry Worley

Laczko Zsolt - loan

Gabor Bori - loan

Ben Alnwick - loan

Jamie Clapham - loan

Lee Hendrie - loan

Kelvin Etuhu - loan

David Bell - loan

1. What do you think the score will be on Saturday ? 2-1 City

2. Where do you think Leicester will finish this season? Top six

3. Where do you think Blackpool will finish this season? Top two

4. Who do you think Leicester's biggest threat is? Nugent

5. Who do you think Blackpool's biggest threat is? Matt Phillips

6. Best signing for Leicester this year? De Laet

7. Best signing for Blackpool this year? Gomes

8. If you could buy one Blackpool player who would it be and why? Matt Phillips, always looks positive.

9. Your views on Nigel Pearson? Not a media favourite and comes across as dull but I quite like him and, after doing well first time around, he deserves every opportunity this time.

10. Your Views on Ian Holloway? Was just awful here but to his credit his results at Blackpool has been remarkable. Some find him charismatic while I think he just comes across as a home schooled farm hand, perhaps my view is somewhat tainted given his time here though. Results speak for themselves and I would imagine you guys love him.

1. What do you think the score will be on Saturday ? 2-1 Leicester

2. Where do you think Leicester will finish this season? 4th

3. Where do you think Blackpool will finish this season? 7th

4. Who do you think Leicester's biggest threat is? Bolton look like coming good.

5. Who do you think Blackpool's biggest threat is?Cardiff are always there or thereabouts.

6. Best signing for Leicester this year? Hard to say. Knockaert and Vardy look as though they have potential and De Laet seems to have impressed, we've seen nothing of Futacs or Whitbread in competitive football yet though.

7. Best signing for Blackpool this year? Haven't really looked at Blackpool's signings.

8. If you could buy one Blackpool player who would it be and why? Thomas Ince looks a heck of a prospect.

9. Your views on Nigel Pearson? (honest opinions please) Dour but meticulous manager who can have problems with personalities in the dressing room judging by the number of players who've left or been left out, they can't all be in the wrong. Having said that, in his last full season we made the play-offs on far more limited resources than now so he has the ability to create something good here. We're playing far more attractive football than in his first stint too.

10. Your Views on Ian Holloway? (honest opinions please) From a Leicester point of view, one of the worst managers in our history. Dreadful football, dreadful signings and a dreadful season. His publicity whoring went down badly in the middle of a relegation battle too. However, he seemed to have learned from a year out and has transformed Blackpool from a club that looked grateful to be in the Championship to one that is now a real contender for promotion every season.

1. What do you think the score will be on Saturday ? 2-1 Leicester

2. Where do you think Leicester will finish this season? 4th

3. Where do you think Blackpool will finish this season? 7th

4. Who do you think Leicester's biggest threat is? Bolton look like coming good.

5. Who do you think Blackpool's biggest threat is?Cardiff are always there or thereabouts.

6. Best signing for Leicester this year? Hard to say. Knockaert and Vardy look as though they have potential and De Laet seems to have impressed, we've seen nothing of Futacs or Whitbread in competitive football yet though.

7. Best signing for Blackpool this year? Haven't really looked at Blackpool's signings.

8. If you could buy one Blackpool player who would it be and why? Thomas Ince looks a heck of a prospect.

9. Your views on Nigel Pearson? (honest opinions please) Dour but meticulous manager who can have problems with personalities in the dressing room judging by the number of players who've left or been left out, they can't all be in the wrong. Having said that, in his last full season we made the play-offs on far more limited resources than now so he has the ability to create something good here. We're playing far more attractive football than in his first stint too.

10. Your Views on Ian Holloway? (honest opinions please) From a Leicester point of view, one of the worst managers in our history. Dreadful football, dreadful signings and a dreadful season. His publicity whoring went down badly in the middle of a relegation battle too. However, he seemed to have learned from a year out and has transformed Blackpool from a club that looked grateful to be in the Championship to one that is now a real contender for promotion every season.

;)

Thats how I read it first..

I think he meant 'who are our most threatening players'

Thought it was an unusual question! lol

In that case, our biggest threat would be Marshall or Vardy, whereas theirs would be Ince or Kevin Phillips who will still be scoring against us when he's drawing his pension.

Thought it was an unusual question! lol

In that case, our biggest threat would be Marshall or Vardy, whereas theirs would be Ince or Kevin Phillips who will still be scoring against us when he's drawing his pension.

lol

Phillips really has been sensational over the years..

Holloway made some aweful signings when he was our manager (the likes of Bell, Worley and Clapham) and we were poor, and played poor. I can only remember Bristol City (away), Bristol City (home) and West Brom (away) as positives from Holloway's time here, the rest was poor and results highlight this.

He took the club to League One, the lowest point in it's history, so we have a right to dislike him, as I do. I'm not hiding the fact he has done a good job at Blackpool, but it's a different job from that one at Leicester (expectation for one). He came around November time, and had about 30 games to keep us up. That's all I wanted, survival. I personally wouldn't have given him any more time to build a team; although I was pleased he got rid of some of our poor players (Nielson, Kaebi etc), the finances he recieved (a fair amount for a team looking to stay up) didn't represent anything and the only better players he brought were Howard, Oakley and Hayles.

1. What do you think the score will be on Saturday ? -

I think we will win, purely because we seem to be your bogey team, you are in the better form quite obv

2. Where do you think Leicester will finish this season

Playoffs, although that is based on faith rather than what I have seen.

Just outside the playoffs, despite your great start

Jamie Vardy is a big threat up front

Has to be Ince or Phillips, both look quality

It's looking like it might be Vardy

Nouha Dicko looks like it might be a good catch on loan, but I haven't really kept on top of your transfer activity

Ince, he is young and very talented. Plus his dad is a legend

Love the guy, love the way he talks about football, love his no-nonsense attitude in general. Really hope it works out for him here but who knows.

I honestly really dislike the guy. Mainly for his time here (its easy to say its in the past but it still hurts that we played in L1). I think he is rude to officials and he thinks he is funny when he just is not. When we were in trouble of going down it was just joke joke joke, but it wasn't funny for the fans anymore. He is in the same league as Warnock for me, I just want whatever team he manages to lose. I accept he is doing a good job with you though, and I guess he just wasn't a good fit with us. Still don't think he is a prem manager at all though.

Archived