Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MR-DD

Blackpool fan in peace

Hey guys and girls my name is MR-DD from Blackpool fans forum www.backhenrystreet.co.uk

I have a few questions if you can answer please

1. What do you think the score will be on Saturday ?

2. Where do you think Leicester will finish this season?

3. Where do you think Blackpool will finish this season?

4. Who do you think Leicester's biggest threat is?

5. Who do you think Blackpool's biggest threat is?

6. Best signing for Leicester this year?

7. Best signing for Blackpool this year?

8. If you could buy one Blackpool player who would it be and why?

9. Your views on Nigel Pearson? (honest opinions please)

10. Your Views on Ian Holloway? (honest opinions please)

Thanks

1.2-1 Leicester

2.5th?

3.If you keep Ince and Phillips then Play offs.

4.Hard to say at the moment, but Jamie Vardy will be a threat.

5.Tom Ince, without a doubt.

6.Anthony Knockaert and Vardy look decent acquisitions.

7.Who have Blackpool signed? lol

8.Ince, a player that has raw skill, a very good winger, and will be playing in the Premier League very soon.

9.Jury's out on that one. Very mixed opinions over him, but willing to give him 10 games to sort it out.

10.Has done very well with not much to work with. He normally does well at smaller clubs, that could be why it has worked out for you :thumbup: Nice enough guy, but is an attention seeker, and will never forgive him for sending us down to the 3rd tier for the first time in our history :(

LCFC<3

I don't usually predict scores, but considering we're your bogey team, I'll go for 2-1 Leicester

At least the playoffs, hopefully pushing for the autos

Between 3rd-6th

Ben Marshall, Andy King, Jamie Vardy, Anthony Knockaert if he plays, David Nugent

Tom Ince, Matt Phillips

So far..Jamie Vardy. But we've yet to see Zak Whitbread, and i've been impressed with Anthony Knockaert's cameos off the bench

Sorry, I couldn't even tell you one player you have signed.

Tom Ince, he always looks quality in every highlights/games i watch him in, & he's still only young.

Love the guy! I was so happy when he came back. He knows the championship and the sort of players/mentality you need to get out of it, he's brought in some exciting young players (Ben Marshall, Danny Drinkwater, Anthony Knockaert). Eventhough results aren't going our way so far, we've been playing some really good stuff. I've every confidence in him that he'll get us promoted this season. :pearson:

I neither like him or dislike him. He took us down to league 1 for the only time in our history, eventhough at the time it felt like the worse thing ever, we probably wouldn't be in the position we are in now (manager, owners etc) if it wasn't for that. Plus we had a great season, which brought the feelgood factor back (some of my best memories of being a leicester fan are from that season). So in a way he did us a favour. No disrespect to Blackpool, but i've always thought he would do better with smaller clubs with lower expectations, Leicester was just a job too big for him.

Good luck this season (apart from on Saturday) :thumbup:

Hey guys and girls my name is MR-DD from Blackpool fans forum www.backhenrystreet.co.uk

1. What do you think the score will be on Saturday ? 2-1 to us :scarf:

2. Where do you think Leicester will finish this season? 4th

3. Where do you think Blackpool will finish this season? 3rd

4. Who do you think Leicester's biggest threat is? Marshall

5. Who do you think Blackpool's biggest threat is? Ince

6. Best signing for Leicester this year? Knockaert, what a player!

7. Best signing for Blackpool this year? ??? Don't know, don't care :P

8. If you could buy one Blackpool player who would it be and why? Ince, young talent, abit like Knockaert!

9. Your views on Nigel Pearson? (honest opinions please) Great manager at Championship level.

10. Your Views on Ian Holloway? (honest opinions please) Weird guy with ginger hair.. :ph34r:

2-1 to Leicester. We seem to raise our game against teams in form

6th

4th

Ben Marshall

Thomas Ince

Jamie Vardy

No idea

Ince, for his pace and end product

Good manager who often gets more out of a side than he should. Tactically not the best, but is good at finding young talent. Not the easiest to deal with media wise, but that was a good thing during his first spell after previous managers.

I'm not a huge fan, got fed up with him during 2007/08 and his poor style of football, but I admire the way he evaluated his career after leaving us and has changed his philosophy, for the better. Has worked wonders at Blackpool.

Thanks

1) 1-3

2) 10th

3) 3rd

4) Jamie Vardy

5) Thomas Ince

6) Jamie Vardy

7) Dunno

8) Thomas Ince, looks a really good player

9) Dont rate him personally

10) Brilliant character

2-0 to Blackpool

10th

5th

Pearson - his desire not to lose or protect 1-0 leads frequently leads to us gifting the oppo time on the ball

A bulldozer - sooner or later someone will do the North-East a favour and concrete over the place.

Far too early to tell

Stanley Matthews would add a bit of class to the squad

Over-rated, dour, dull in his approach to the game, doesn't value flair players, bombastic but better than yet another manager hunt. I'm hoping he does the job this season but is replaced during the summer with someone who likes to win with style.

Is someone who actually motivates players, likes to attack the opposition and is someone we should never have got rid of.

1. What do you think the score will be on Saturday ? 2-2

2. Where do you think Leicester will finish this season? 5th

3. Where do you think Blackpool will finish this season? 2nd

4. Who do you think Leicester's biggest threat is? Forest (Maybe)

5. Who do you think Blackpool's biggest threat is? Bolton

6. Best signing for Leicester this year? Marshall

7. Best signing for Blackpool this year? No idea

8. If you could buy one Blackpool player who would it be and why? Ince, he's decent.

9. Your views on Nigel Pearson? (honest opinions please) Think he'll get things right, hope the owners stick with him.

10. Your Views on Ian Holloway? (honest opinions please) Hated him, don't care anymore!

I like some of the oppinions on Hollaway. Took this club down.Twat. Well can you remember when it wasnt going well for pearson last season most idiots on here were saying it wasnt his team but Pearson is god.well it wasn't holloway's team when we went down. But for some reason he is a twat. You only have to look what he does with HIS team. The bloke is outspoken at times, but for me i would have given the bloke a chance to build his team at leicester then maybe just maybe we could have been in the prem.

Or, you could look at someone like Rob Kelly, who isn't a manager of any note, who took over the team in a far worse position, with less time, no money and no transfer window and he managed to keep the team up comfortably. And he is almost universally derided on here.

Holloway has changed and improved greatly after leaving us- massive fair play to him, but I can see why people on this forum, still hurt by seeing their club go to it's lowest level, are not particularly fond of him.

1.7-0

2.1st

3.24th

4.Marshall

5.Ian Holloway

6.Vardy

7.none

8.as above

9.amazing

10.shit,utter ****in shit

Thanks

1. What do you think the score will be? 2-1 Leicester

2. Where do you think Leicester will finish this season? 4th

3. Where do you think Blackpool will finish this season? 1st

4. Who do you think Leicester's biggest threat is? Vardy

5. Who do you think Blackpool's biggest threat is? Ince or Phillips

6. Best signing for Leicester this year? (Vardy,De Leat,James,Futacs,Knockaert,Whitbread) Knockaert, Vardy or Whitbread

7. Best signing for Blackpool this year? (if any) Osbourne

8. If you could buy one Blackpool player who would it be and why? Ince or Matt Phillips

9. Your views on Nigel Pearson? (honest opinions please) Sensible with money, boring personality but a good league 1 and championship manager. Trust him to get things rite.

10. Your Views on Ian Holloway? (honest opinions please) Legend, Hilarious, Good manager does very well with little budget.

Welcome to the forum MR-DD ;)

Or, you could look at someone like Rob Kelly, who isn't a manager of any note, who took over the team in a far worse position, with less time, no money and no transfer window and he managed to keep the team up comfortably. And he is almost universally derided on here.

Kelly is the man responsible for creating the climate within the dressing room. It is he who allowed players to believe they were in charge and failed to clamp down on their excesses because he was a very weak man. In effect, he sowed the seeds of relegation.

0-2

7th

1st

Nugent

Ince

Whitbread, quality player for Norwich last year

Keeping hold of Tom Ince

Tom Ince, definetly one for the future

9. Your views on Nigel Pearson? (honest opinions please

​Good Manager, but tactical decisions are questionable at times

10. Your Views on Ian Holloway? (honest opinions please

Good Manager, wish he had been given more time with Leicester

2-0 to Blackpool

10th

5th

Pearson - his desire not to lose or protect 1-0 leads frequently leads to us gifting the oppo time on the ball

A bulldozer - sooner or later someone will do the North-East a favour and concrete over the place.

Far too early to tell

Stanley Matthews would add a bit of class to the squad

Over-rated, dour, dull in his approach to the game, doesn't value flair players, bombastic but better than yet another manager hunt. I'm hoping he does the job this season but is replaced during the summer with someone who likes to win with style.

Is someone who actually motivates players, likes to attack the opposition and is someone we should never have got rid of.

You forgot: Plays strikers in Midfield (Fryatt), Plays inexperienced defenders in midfield in clubs most important game (Worley) and thinks he's a stand up comic.

You forgot: Plays strikers in Midfield (Fryatt), Plays inexperienced defenders in midfield in clubs most important game (Worley) and thinks he's a stand up comic.

No I haven't - I just don't see them as salient.

By his own admission he was awful with us and has said he learnt so much about how not to play football when with us, defensive hoof-ball and gamesmanship. Unfortunately for us it got us relegated to the lowest level in our history and wiped out the only significant piece of honour we could cling to that of never having been below level two along with only 8 other clubs.

He became Manager as early as Nov 2007 when we were 17th and had 31 games to play. More than enough time to get settled and make sure we were better than three teams. No one was expecting him to get promotion but avoiding relegation was well within the means of a decent manager.

And Signed the following players

Barry Hayles

Steve Howard

Matt Oakley

Harry Worley

Laczko Zsolt - loan

Gabor Bori - loan

Ben Alnwick - loan

Jamie Clapham - loan

Lee Hendrie - loan

Kelvin Etuhu - loan

David Bell - loan

That list is depressing

By his own admission he was awful with us and has said he learnt so much about how not to play football when with us, defensive hoof-ball and gamesmanship. Unfortunately for us it got us relegated to the lowest level in our history and wiped out the only significant piece of honour we could cling to that of never having been below level two along with only 8 other clubs.

He became Manager as early as Nov 2007 when we were 17th and had 31 games to play. More than enough time to get settled and make sure we were better than three teams. No one was expecting him to get promotion but avoiding relegation was well within the means of a decent manager.

And Signed the following players

Barry Hayles

Steve Howard

Matt Oakley

Harry Worley

Laczko Zsolt - loan

Gabor Bori - loan

Ben Alnwick - loan

Jamie Clapham - loan

Lee Hendrie - loan

Kelvin Etuhu - loan

David Bell - loan

Wow, I forgot just how bad some of his signings were. Although I was ricidulously excited when we signed Zsolt for some reason.

I didn't mean a Leicester legend lol I just mean hes a legend overall by what he says and does.

I agree he adds character to the game, which we seem to be running out of in terms of managers, but I wouldn't call him a legend. (I don't even like him).

Really difficult to predict the score as i think both sides will create loads of chances with the winner being the one who takes more of theirs. On current form that would most likely be Blackpool but i wouldn't be surprised if Leicester won.

I thought before the season started we would finish in the top 4 and after the first 3 games, despite getting two unlucky results i think we will finish top 4 still.

Before the start of the season i thought Blackpool would finish somewhere in the play-offs, probably 5th or 6th. However after the start i think that if they retain Thomas Ince or Matt Phillips or both, they will finish top 4.

We havn't had a single stand out player yet this season which isn't neccesarily a bad thing, Andy King is probably most on form with 2 goals already and probably would have had a third if not for a block on Saturday.

Thomas Ince, for me he could be playing first team football for a premiership side.

Jamie Vardy, looks fit and lively with a goal and an assist already for only £1M which is cheap for a striker/winger

I don't know who Blackpool have signed this year, their best players were already at the club.

Thomas Ince, not only the best player at Blackpool but plays a role that seems short of quality players at the moment.

The manager that got me back interested in supporting Leicester after the dissapointing period between Micky Adams and our relegation to League 1

A very likeable manager but one who got us relegated to the third tier for the only time in our history. With the right set-up, seems to do very well and has created a very entertaining Blackpool side.

Kelly is the man responsible for creating the climate within the dressing room. It is he who allowed players to believe they were in charge and failed to clamp down on their excesses because he was a very weak man. In effect, he sowed the seeds of relegation.

I know, Kelly was generally awful, and is rightly disliked, but he still kept the club up in worse circumstances than Holloway, so Holloway is not blameless and brought in his own players, so he had a better chance than some to make sure we finished at least 21st.

Anyway, we recovered from relegation and Holloway revived his career.

1. What do you think the score will be on Saturday ? 2-1 Leicester victory

2. Where do you think Leicester will finish this season? 4th/5th

3. Where do you think Blackpool will finish this season? 4th/5th

4. Who do you think Leicester's biggest threat is? Jamie Vardy

5. Who do you think Blackpool's biggest threat is? Tom Ince

6. Best signing for Leicester this year? Jamie Vardy (Potentially Anthony Knockaert)

7. Best signing for Blackpool this year? Not sure who you've signed but keeping Ince/Phillips would be the best

8. If you could buy one Blackpool player who would it be and why? Ince because he's too good for this league!

9. Your views on Nigel Pearson? (honest opinions please) Good manager, good knowledge and needs time to show more

10. Your Views on Ian Holloway? (honest opinions please) Good manager at this level despite him being in charge when we went down. I dont fully blame him though as alot of sh*t was in place before he came to the club.

1. What do you think the score will be on Saturday?

I think it'll be a draw. Would love us to sneak a win but think you're a tidy outfit who play good football - plus you've had a fantastic start. We've been unlucky so far, but when it comes down to it we have to be more clinical - if not it'll be our third league defeat in a row I'm afraid.

Still think we'll finish in the top 6. We'll be a solid side as the season progresses (I hope)

Play-offs. Think you'll have a good season. Holloway seems to have done excellently at Blackpool and your early season form seems to suggest you'll be there or thereabouts again.

Would have to say Ben Marshall. Looks to be a fantastic player since we bought him in January. Other than that, if Anthony Knockaert plays, he could be a threat as another tricky wide player.

Tom Ince. From the few games I've watched involving Blackpool since he signed for you, he's looked a very good player. Seems to be technically gifted & not shy of taking his man on either. Good goal in the play-off final last season as well!

Wouldn't like to say this early on, but I think Ritchie De Laet will be a big player for us this season. Would have to mention Jamie Vardy as well. Seems a bit of a raw talent but with the right manager in charge, he has the potential to succeed in this division.

Wouldn't have a clue.

Number 5 pretty much sums it up.

Big fan of Pearson. Think he'll get it right this season. Was very successful first time round at the club and there's no reason he can't be again this season.

Bit of a tosser but overall he's one of the good guys in football. Genuinely loves the game but gets a bit carried away. Took us down unfortunately, that's life.

Archived