Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Burton Post Match Debacle

Last night i was disappointed and ashamed by our performance.

This morning I'm actually even more concerned. If the fringe players don't put perform then they aren't pushing the first team players.

Whilst i think the first teamers are strong and playing well, but not getting results, what if that doesn't change?? With the fringe players giving no options then it's hard to change things around. But combine that with the lack of pressure for a first team spot and suddenly you have a guaranteed starting 11 under no pressure from the reserves. Nice and comfy and not good for motivation.

It's a really unhealthy situation.

You point something out that I hadn't even considered in that post actually.

Many people are saying 'it was a reserve side', 'those players will never feature in a first team game together', 'they are only fringe players'...That's all well and good but if that is the best we have and those players are meant to be challenging, create competition and pushing for the first team, well no wonder the first teamers aren't keeping the defence tight or converting chances - they can just walk into the first team if last night is what they are compeating against.

Its worrying that 8 players had a chance to get in the 1st team for Sats game and by all accounts they didnt take it.

Suggests to me that something isnt right at the core.

I wish i could do the face-palm thing Babylon!!!!!

Millwall were in the same league.

Burton are 2 leagues below.

There was a team in blue shirts with a LCFC badge on the pitch and they were worse tonight than against Millwall.

I don't think it's time for NP to go yet .... So to talk about Millwall may be a bit inflammatory ..... But the way he deals with this lose will define his career as Leicester manager .... If there's a reaction and we win a few on the bounce, happy days, if there isn't then he started the countdown clock this evening.

Probably a very realistic assessment

Probably a very realistic assessment

I think that's probably why last nights game DID matter so much..

Pearson and his players have possibly put him under more pressure than any of them needed at the moment.

I think it's right... Win on Saturday and last night will be forgotten ( and all the 'I told you so's will be massively out in force)..

But lose on Saturday and heaven forbid against Wolves too and last night's game becomes all the more meaningful.

It potentially makes the Blackpool game a really big one and more important in the big scheme of things than it was before last nights debacle.

Unfortunately we appear to be in the position already of making excuses. At least we're consistent. Three defeats on the bounce and one victory against a team who are obviously shite in the league.

I think we've got the players. I think NP is ok. But my concern is that IF we don't start winning, NP will be gone and we'll be back to square one and worse.

The excuses have to end and the results have to come.

Agreed - Good Post

I think that's probably why last nights game DID matter so much..

Pearson and his players have possibly put him under more pressure than any of them needed at the moment.

I think it's right... Win on Saturday and last night will be forgotten ( and all the 'I told you so's will be massively out in force)..

But lose on Saturday and heaven forbid against Wolves too and last night's game becomes all the more meaningful.

It potentially makes the Blackpool game a really big one and more important in the big scheme of things than it was before last nights debacle.

Now there's a thought...........

Ollie comes to town and leaves having got the right result for his team and with his original successor out of a job.

Ollie you wouldn't want that surely.. would you??

Archived