Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Burton Post Match Debacle

Was there last night.

Only salient conclusion to be drawn with any kind of certainty is that the players on the fringes of the first team are complete and utter toss. Danns, Gallagher, Schlupp and especially Waghorn all had a golden opportunity handed to them tonight to stake their claims against a relatively poor side, and all threw the opportunity back in the manager's face.

Waghorn needs to go now. I don't care if it's as a loan or even on a free. He is physically incapable of heading the ball, can't pass, can't trap it, can't shoot, can't run quickly 'cos he's about a stone overweight and, to borrow a phrase from Malcolm Tucker, is so ****ing dense that light bends around him.

Also telling that NO ONE from the executive arm of the club bothered to turn up, even just to entertain the suits from Burton Albion. Says it all really.

This reesult is a disaster! Our confidence has been shot to peices.

I hope all our players this morning are gutted as I am and not just there to pick up a pay check. They have let us down and now its upto them to put things right, starting on Saturday with a convincing win.

It's up to NP to fire up the players. Come on NP sort this out.

Come on you foxes

Last night i was disappointed and ashamed by our performance.

This morning I'm actually even more concerned. If the fringe players don't put perform then they aren't pushing the first team players.

Whilst i think the first teamers are strong and playing well, but not getting results, what if that doesn't change?? With the fringe players giving no options then it's hard to change things around. But combine that with the lack of pressure for a first team spot and suddenly you have a guaranteed starting 11 under no pressure from the reserves. Nice and comfy and not good for motivation.

It's a really unhealthy situation.

I cant even be bothered to look through all of these pages and the rest of this forum as i can guess what the reaction has been. I have also waited until this morning to come on here as it would of been very predictable i'd imagine.

From my point of view (I WAS at the game last night) it was a poor performance, FACT.

The changes made were a good decision as they was still a strong side and those players were more than good enough, we should NOT be blaming NP for that. The players let him, themselves and the fans down, FACT. The Midfield 4 last night was as good as the midfield we had last season so defo no excuse.

However, these cup shocks happen and they will continue to happen so its how we bounce back now.

In terms of player performances, yes it was very disappointing but to hear people slating Whitbread and SSL is a disgrace. Granted, both looked very rusty last night but Whitbread is a PROVEN defender at this level so give him time Really dont know why some fans judge players after 1 game! SSL was in his 1st game back to so cut some slack, we need these boys fit and we need them to get back to their best for the rest of the season.

Talk of Pearson leaving on the phone in last night was really annoying me. When will people realise that if we swap our manager YET AGAIN, it will be a massive LOW point for this club and will make us look silly. We are already the laughing stock at present until we at least play another game so last thing we need is to sack a manager after a few games and start all over again! Pearson is building a good young team that needs time, please can we just give it that time and not keep talking about new managers!!!! Whether your a Pearson fan or not, surely even his haters can see that changing management AGAIN is not the answer at this stage!!

On a brighter note, credit to Burton Albion and good luck to them.

Credit to our fans that stayed till the end as well and gave the Burton players a standing ovation, thats what football is all about

Agree with this. No point in chopping and changing managers on a frequent basis. Last nights game was a blip and lets just hope it's a shot in the arm to those players crying out on twitter that they aren't playing. You aren't playing for a reason and you failed in your attempt to justify your selection.

If we are to appoint a new Manager again, we're putting ourselves back 12 months again. We need stability and we can blow all the money we want on big wages, tranfer fees, agent fees etc but at the end of the day, I'd rather have Nigel at the helm of Leicester than end up like Portsmouth FC.

Pearson has gone about reducing our wage bill whilst moulding a squad of players that need time, be that 12 or 36 months. He is methodical in is approach and we are in a period of change. It took Man City three to four years to win the Premier League with all the money they have. Money doesn't but success, it just adds expectation.

Guys seriously chill out! Blackpool lost to Morecambe in the first round and theyre top of the leauge, loosing with our ressies doesnt mean were gonna get relegated, if anything it may be a blesing in disguise as it will have given the players the wake up call they need!

Has no one on here ever had a crap game against an inferior team, left the pitch and though "shit, what happened"?

We'll win more games over the course of the season than we lose if we play like we did at Blackburn. Maybe some of our fringe players aren't up to it, that's why they are fringe players! One bad performance doesn't make Leicester a bad team.

just noticed from bbc stats that burton had 4 shots on target and score 4 goals, same with blackburn at the weekend 2 on target 2 goals, doesnt seem to matter how many chances we have at the moment, strange really being as our keeper and our front 2 are a lot better then there opposites on the night

Slight overreaction is this topic.

Yes it was awful, yes it was unacceptable, but suggestions of sacking the manager or shipping out players based on one performance are over the top.

We have 8 players to come back into the team that didn't start last night to create a team that has shown signs of quality of the last couple of matches. Pearson will have learnt a lot from last night and I'd like to think it will give some players a realisation that they are going to have to work very hard to get into the team.

Despite witnessing one of the worst Leicester performances I've ever seen last night, I'm confident we'll give Blackpool a good game and come away with something.

Thought we played terrible, but Burton weren't that bad. Their defence was pretty solid and the 2 up front caused us a lot of problems. After listening to Pearson post match, he sounded like he was emphasising the point that it was an opportunity to stake a claim for a first team start and then Kasper going on about players having to take their chances to get in the team. Sounded to me that certain players have been moaning about not getting a start and Pearson was showing them why they're not getting a start.

Absolutely gutted by the non-performance. Pearson summed it up when he said that Burton will go home having not been tested to the full.

We had a spell before half-time where we created several chances. That was about it. The only slight positives I can take were the goals from Knockaert and Futacs and another good display from De Laet. The rest of them were not up to it.

I hear the arguments for "concentrating on the league". That is only acceptable if we start winning league games, especially on Saturday. But I'm not convinced we will.

More concerning for me is that this is our squad. These players will be needed at some point this season, and their main game was a shambolic home defeat to a side two divisions below us. Will confidence be high? I doubt it. If it was about getting match fitness then we should've arranged a friendly.

This cup plays a massive part in our history and we've thrown away a chance to progress. Dire.

Slight overreaction is this topic.

Yes it was awful, yes it was unacceptable, but suggestions of sacking the manager or shipping out players based on one performance are over the top.

We have 8 players to come back into the team that didn't start last night to create a team that has shown signs of quality of the last couple of matches. Pearson will have learnt a lot from last night and I'd like to think it will give some players a realisation that they are going to have to work very hard to get into the team.

Despite witnessing one of the worst Leicester performances I've ever seen last night, I'm confident we'll give Blackpool a good game and come away with something.

Completely agree. I still back the manager and think we'll beat Blackpool

Guess which is a the Champinship side and which is the league 2 side

Possession (%)

Shots on target

Shots off target

Corners

Fouls

we scored two, futac(i think) shot straight at the goalie in the second half, so did Danns, waghorn had one tipped over plus their goalie made a number of other saves. so we had more than 3 on target

we scored two, futac(i think) shot straight at the goalie in the second half, so did Danns, waghorn had one tipped over plus their goalie made a number of other saves. so we had more than 3 on target

And they had more than 4.

We had a 2 minute spell in the first half where the keeper must have made 5 saves. Those stats are terrible.

Sorry, obviously not making myself clear........ :/

I wanted details on how well Whitbread and SSl played, I was 'guaranteed' By someone on here that one of them would sort out all our defensive woes...... :thumbup:

Unfortunately I can't remember by whom, so I cannot take the piss in an appropriate manner :(

Whitbread played every pass on the floor, was doing ok until his mistake when he visibly lost confidence.

St Ledger- dear me, bullied by a League 2 forward and his "skill" and panic backpass out of play in injury time summed up his game.

Whitbread played every pass on the floor, was doing ok until his mistake when he visibly lost confidence.

St Ledger- dear me, bullied by a League 2 forward and his "skill" and panic backpass out of play in injury time summed up his game.

Thanks Corky, a bit more detail on how they, Whitbread in particular, played would be great if you have the time. What about the pen?

Thanks..... :thumbup:

Thanks Corky, a bit more detail on how they, Whitbread in particular, played would be great if you have the time. What about the pen?

Thanks..... :thumbup:

Whitbread is clearly a footballing defender, very left-footed but always looked to pass to feet, either to Konchesky out wide or into midfield. Can't remember him lumping it forward, but he should've headed the long ball for the second goal away rather than, from what it seemed like, flick it. He did look a composed player on the ball.

St Ledger looked shaky, had time on the ball a fair few occassions but seemed to want too long on it then rushed to either clear it or play it back. He was "bullied" by Zola and didn't impress me to be honest. He is recovering from an injury and should wait before writing him off, but the signs weren't encouraging.

St Ledger is hopeless against any striker that has even an ounce of physicality, I've never seen a centre-back so easily dominated by big strikers.

So true, can't believe people saying he's guaranteed a starting place just because he started in the Euros for Ireland.

What a depressing night.The first goal was a deflection and I didn't see the penalty so I can't comment but the other 2 goals were so pathetic I can't believe it. I think they had 4 shots on target and they scored 4 goals, shocking.

Even though we defended like twats we still created enough chances to win the game. Their keeper made 2 decent saves and about 5/6 saves where we just passed the ball back to him, unbelievable.

I don't want Pearson to be sacked but if we get hammered at the weekend I seriously worry for his future.

St Ledger is hopeless against any striker that has even an ounce of physicality, I've never seen a centre-back so easily dominated by big strikers.

At least he don't get dominated by small strikers like Matt Mills.

Archived