Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Some questions to those that were at the game:

After 8 pages of drivel on the post match thread could someone who was at the game answer these questions for me please, thank you:

1. How did Knocky and Futacs play? Are either looking ready and good enough to start on Saturday?

2. Did we change the formation/style for Futacs, i.e. revert to long ball?

3. Same for Whitbread really, does he look fit, and is he going to solve our defensive problems (doesn't seem likely, but I would be interested to know)?

4. Did any of the fringe players look like they will ever wear the shirt again?

5. Any positives to take from the game?

6. Were Burton actually any good, or were we awful?

7. Was the ref that bad?

After 8 pages of drivel on the post match thread could someone who was at the game answer these questions for me please, thank you:

1. How did Knocky and Futacs play? Are either looking ready and good enough to start on Saturday?

3. Same for Whitbread really, does he look fit, and is he going to solve our defensive problems (doesn't seem likely, but I would be interested to know)?

1. Futacs' goal was a great finish. Aside froim that - looked like a big lump!

2. Yes, but looking at the scoreline, we had no other choice.

3. No, he was at fault for a goal and didn't look up to it at all.

4. Only player to come out with credit was Knocky. Schlupp and Waghorn were the biggest disappointments

5. Knockaert

6. Mainly us being awful, but credit where credit's due.

1. Knockaert was ok, decent goal. Futacs look lost.

2. It was long ball night practically.

3.Whitbreads not fit and no he won't solve anything.

4.Not really. If you class Danns as fringe , then he should be shot he was that bad.

5.none.

6. Burton were up for it, and we asumed the result was a formality.

1. Futacs' goal was a great finish. Aside froim that - looked like a big lump!

2. Yes, but looking at the scoreline, we had no other choice.

3. No, he was at fault for a goal and didn't look up to it at all.

4. Only player to come out with credit was Knocky. Schlupp and Waghorn were the biggest disappointments

5. Knockaert

6. Mainly us being awful, but credit where credit's due.

Luck.

1. Knockaert - great freekick, tried hard and played better than most. Fairly impressed by him

Futacs - Looked a bit slow, didn't control the ball particularly well but then again he hasn't played in a while, not too worried by a poorish performance.

2. We steadily played more long balls as the game went on, we did lump it up to him quite a bit

3. Had a very poor game, at fault for their 3rd goal. Again, hasn't played in a while. I hope this was just a one-off from him because he certainly wasn't up to it tonight.

4. Not really, no. But it's just one game and everyone can have bad games, I wouldn't give a final judgement on everyone from tonight's performance.

5. Knockaert looked decent.

6. Burton looked good because we made them look good, one screamer for the 4th but otherwise they were nothing special. A lucky freekick and a penalty helped them on there way.

7. I thought he was okay tbh, some controversy over the decision to award a penalty - I didn't really see the handball so I can't comment.

1. Knockeart was probably our best player, caused them the most problems, excellent free kick just couldn't put away a few other chances. Futacs looked ok however I wouldn't start him just yet, definitely a game changer though. Knockeart HAS to start.

2. We played long ball all game it was ridiculous, pumping long balls to Schlupp & Waghorn who aren't exactly the tallest.

3. Whitbread needs oiling he was that rusty! Absolute shocker of a debut, massive mistake for one of their goals.

4. Would be surprised to see Gallagher again, hopefully I never see Waghorn again he's useless!

5. Knockeart has surely cemented a first team place? Futacs scored a debut goal? That's about it ....

6. We were absolutely shocking so fair play to them for taking advantage of us, nothing special but once again finished their chances.

1. Knockaert - great freekick, tried hard and played better than most. Fairly impressed by him

Futacs - Looked a bit slow, didn't control the ball particularly well but then again he hasn't played in a while, not too worried by a poorish performance.

2. We steadily played more long balls as the game went on, we did lump it up to him quite a bit

3. Had a very poor game, at fault for their 3rd goal. Again, hasn't played in a while. I hope this was just a one-off from him because he certainly wasn't up to it tonight.

4. Not really, no. But it's just one game and everyone can have bad games, I wouldn't give a final judgement on everyone from tonight's performance.

6. Burton looked good because we made them look good, one screamer for the 4th but otherwise they were nothing special. A lucky freekick and a penalty helped them on there way.

There was a young kid behind me who summed us up perfectly.

"we kick the ball to them, they kick to us, we give it straight back , they score a goal".

7. Was the ref that bad?

1. Knocky looks class, fantastic freekick and well worthy of a starting place. Futacs' touch was poor and didn't win many headers, but scored a great goal.

2. Yes. Hoof.

3. Off the pace, but did well at Norwich so I have faith he'll turn out to be a good player for the club.

4. Waghorn and Gallagher were both woeful, be surprised if they play for the club again.

5. Yes, Knockaert and De Laet.

6. We made them look like Brazil, we were just unbelievably bad.

7. Not that bad really, not sure about the penalty and decided at times that the game should be non-contact, but didn't influence the result.

Knockaert looks ready look lively and was the best player on the pitch for us, baffled why he came off. Futacs looked useless didn't win anything, took his goal well but missed a sitter.

Yes, a little but possibly down to the amount of time left, but he still didn't win anything.

No he created more problems if anything, give im benefit of the doubt and put it down to match practise.

The winners of today were those who didn't play.

Knockaert

We were, well, ****ing sit doesn't cover it. But they were good and deserved their clap off from the lcfc faithful.

7. Was the ref that bad?

Yes, but no excuses we deserved to lose

There was a young kid behind me who summed us up perfectly.

"we kick the ball to them, they kick to us, we give it straight back , they score a goal".

That was about it really, again it was a case of not taking chances. We did have a few before it got embarrassing, Schlupp really should've headed the ball in off a freekick - 30 seconds later they went up the other end and scored. Could've been different but we didn't deserve any kind of result.

Knockaert yes, Futacs no. Knockaert was very good, Futacs didn't do much.

Pretty much - hoofball all the way.

Doesn't look fit, was good up until the mistake then fell to pieces.

God I hope not.

Knockaert looks lively, and De Laet is more than willing to get forward.

Not really - as always with Burton, as poor as the beer they brew. We were just abysmal in front of goal.

7. Was the ref that bad?

Shit, beyond shit. Their third is not a penalty, any day of the week. Schlupp meanwhile - what the fuck does the boy have to do? He gets taken out by keeper and defender - corner? Fuck off.

7. Was the ref that bad?

1) Knocky was good, Futacs very average

2) We were playing shitty long balls before Futacs came on

3) Whitbread was garbage, unfit etc etc

4) Schlupp

5) Knocky thats about it

6) Burton grew in confidence with each goal (as they realised we were shite)

7) The ref had a stinker

7. Was the ref that bad?

1. Knockaert looked good, great goal, was probably our best player. Has to start on saturday!

Futacs took his goal well, if he meant it, didn't win too many headers which he was brought on to do. More of an impact player to hold the ball up, can't see him starting over Nuge, Becks or Vardy.

2. We gradually started playing more and more long balls as the game went on, but we changed formation and it looked as though Knockaert was playing just behind Futacs in a 4-2-3-1 formation

3. A bit rusty. Mistake lead to their 3rd goal. Looked comfortable on the ball though and looked to play out from the back everytime

4. Wouldnt be disappointed if we never saw Gally in a lcfc shirt again. Danns was awful. Waghorn was awful. Schlupp was disappointing.

5. Knockaert's performance. No cup games to disrupt league performances.

6. Fair play to them, we were shockingly bad but they were up for it and looked comfortable.

7. We've had worse

There is a Knockaert love in around this place at the moment, and whilst he was good in spells no one should take and significant credit from that game. He also tired on the hour. Futacs looks like a typical industrial big man, He will have his uses.

This was my biggest concern after the game. We were playing Burton with far superior footballers yet Pearson's remedy to our woes was to put on Futacs and forget we had a midfield and just lump the ball long. Alarm bells were ringing for me.

3. Same for Whitbread really, does he look fit, and is he going to solve our defensive problems (doesn't seem likely, but I would be interested to know?

He is a quality defender who can also pass. He made a bad mistake for a goal but seeing as it was his first game with a strange partner I'd not hold that against him too much. He will be important for us in my opinion.

I was absolutely gutted with Danns's performance. I really thought he'd stake his claim tonight. That's the last we have seen of Paul Gallagher I would wager, he was dreadful.

Whitbread's distribution from the back was encouraging. Apart from that no.

They are a tidy organised lower league side. We were horrendous.

7. Was the ref that bad?

No.

1. Knocky looked superb. I would play him from the start on saturday.

2. Yes and why of why does the red mist descend upon Kasper who wants to boot the ball as hard as he can? HaveNP and MS never told him to calm down?

3. whitbread looked good first half for me but dropped two massive howlers (lack of fitness or concentration- who knows?) the latter led to their goal just inside start of the second half.

4. Waggy - woeful. Just not good enough a player. Gally - worth a 10 minute cameo role at most. Schlupp - raw and poweful but lacks finesse at our level (think N'Guessen ). Danns - his worst match in a city shirt. St ledger - poor and clumsy. Futacs - too soon to judge but cant see him breaking into the Vardy/Nuggent/beckford trident of attack.

5.Positives on field Knocky. Positives off it - If NP doesnt have a clear mind of his core squad on 15 players now then we are in trouble. some players have been found out big time; this is our ephinay and we know exactly what to do now. For me the stowm is over and it's full steam ahead. Blackpool wil be totally different - if it sin't then Np wont have long left. Np (and I have always been a fan of his) got this one totally wrong. Don't anyone tell me that when players cross that line there is nothing the manager can do. his job is to nuture, motivate, and instil respect mixed with a degree of fear in his players. The fear of failure is what drives sportsmen. that is NP's job.

6. burton played well on the day but they weren't decent by our standards. we were terrible and didn't take our chances - in cycling boardman called it marginal gains. that means that extra effort - stretching a leg 1 inch further than your opponent, chasing down that lost cause, marking a man when it seems futile, putting that much more agression into a shot - those are the differences between success and failure.

7. The ref was not that bad at all. we are second tier so we should only expect second tier refs! We had 97 minutes to win that game, no arguements. We lost because they wanted it more.

7. Was the ref that bad?

1. Knocky was brilliant, showed briliant fight and desire. Can put a good ball in as well. Futacs apart from his goal didn't really get into the game, not fully fit though.

2. Yes, was all long ball with Kasper. Strange this was that when we did put a big man up top we took off the wingers who would deliver the ball into him, seemed strange to me.

3. Possibly, was comfortable with the ball at his feet, one bad mistake won't break his career. Played with a rather shaky St. Ledger as well who probably wasn't fit enough to start. Rather him than a fully fit St. Ledger.

4. Waghorn, Danns and Gallagher were all awful. Would happily see Gallagher go and join another club. Schlupp was a little bit of a disappointment.

5. Knockaert looked very bright with the ball at his feet, good set pieces. Whitbread's distribution was encouraging as well.

6. We made them look better than they were and they punished us. Fair play to them on that behalf, tidy League Two team.

7. Saw nothing wrong for the free-kick which led to their first goal and from where I was it looked like a Burton player that handled the ball. Apart from missing a few shirt pulls he was't that bad.

1. Knockaert looked good, great goal, was probably our best player. Has to start on saturday!

Futacs took his goal well, if he meant it, didn't win too many headers which he was brought on to do. More of an impact player to hold the ball up, can't see him starting over Nuge, Becks or Vardy.

2. We gradually started playing more and more long balls as the game went on, but we changed formation and it looked as though Knockaert was playing just behind Futacs in a 4-2-3-1 formation

3. A bit rusty. Mistake lead to their 3rd goal. Looked comfortable on the ball though and looked to play out from the back everytime

4. Wouldnt be disappointed if we never saw Gally in a lcfc shirt again. Danns was awful. Waghorn was awful. Schlupp was disappointing.

6. Fair play to them, we were shockingly bad but they were up for it and looked comfortable.

7. We've had worse

Oi, change your picture! :o

Have to say that I pretty much agree with every single word of this...

7. We've had worse

Just an afterthought...

Despite all the justified criticism, on most nights we'd have got away with that shocking performance.

At 0-1 and 1-2, I fully expected us to turn it around. Despite all the rubbish, we were the better side in the 1st half and they got lucky with a deflected free-kick, which happens.

Burton pretty much got the full set of good fortune for their goals: (1) deflected free-kick; (2) defensive howler; (3) hotly contested penalty; (4) unrepeateable 30m screamer.

Would be interested to see the penalty decision - it looked the right decision to me, but was fiercely contested by LCFC players. Definite handball, not sure whether they were claiming it was a Burton player who handled it or that a foul had taken place before the LCFC player handled...

Just an afterthought...

Despite all the justified criticism, on most nights we'd have got away with that shocking performance.

At 0-1 and 1-2, I fully expected us to turn it around. Despite all the rubbish, we were the better side in the 1st half and they got lucky with a deflected free-kick, which happens.

Burton pretty much got the full set of good fortune for their goals: (1) deflected free-kick; (2) defensive howler; (3) hotly contested penalty; (4) unrepeateable 30m screamer.

Would be interested to see the penalty decision - it looked the right decision to me, but was fiercely contested by LCFC players. Definite handball, not sure whether they were claiming it was a Burton player who handled it or that a foul had taken place before the LCFC player handled...

Agree with this, their keeper played extremely well and we could have had 3 or 4 before the break. Along with that I didn't see much wrong in the decision for the free-kick. On the penalty, from where I was it looked like a Burton hand, can't tell without a replay though.

Archived