Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Burton match ratings

First and foremost, despite the humiliating result, i'd never ever rate a player a '0', thats just frustration and ridiculous.

Here goes:

Schmeichel 5 - Not alot he could do with the goals and not alot else to do full stop!

De Laet 7 - Actually one of the better performers, worked hard and did little wrong

Whitbread 4 - Bad mistake at a crucial time but im confident will come good when fully fit

St. Ledger 4 - He's very overrated this lad but fans seem to keep saying how good he is compared to Bamba etc, mmmmmm......

Konchesky 6 - Didnt do alot wrong, got up and down alot also

Gallagher 5 - Wasnt great but at least tried

James 5 - Similar to Gallagher. Will improve though IMO

Danns 3 - I've never rated anyone 3 or below but this guy was DREADFUL. We want the old Neil Danns back!!

Knockaert 7 - Struggled to get into the game at times but defo our best performer, must continue to start games

Schlupp 5 - Tried hard as ever but lacked service and sharpness

Waghorn 4 - He wasnt awful but just looks half the player he was when NP first signed him. I rate the guy but think he needs a loan spell in league 1

Futacs 4 - Scored a nice goal and tried to hold the ball up but he's not great. Very average in the air as well for his size.

Nugent 4 - Barely in the game but was playing out wide!

King 5 - Tried hard but little impact

Kasper - 6 - Out of position with the fourth, badly let down with the second as for the first and third.

De Laet - 6 - Only defender who can come out with any credit what so ever.

Whitbread - 4 - Up until the 2nd goal, he looked good. Afterwards he went downhill faster than me staggering home from the pub.

St Ledger - 4 - Poor, just poor.

Konchesky - 4 - Very little to offer, a shadow of last seasons player.

Gallagher - 4 - Just for the corners, which were mostly good.

James - 4 - very quiet,.

Danns - 4 - ran a lot to little effect.

Knockaert - 7 - A bright spark in an otherwise listless midfield.

Waghorn - 3 - Not the player we had on loan all those years ago.

Schlupp - 4 - As poor as the rest.

Subs:

Futacs - 4 - Had forgotten he was on the pitch until he scored.

King - 4 - Not as good as the past couple of games.

Nugent - 5 - Seemed to offer more threat, but still not enough.

This, with hightlighted edits.

Schmeichel- 6 (Could've possibly saved the fourth goal, little chance with the rest)

De Laet- 7 (Impressed to an extent)

St Ledger- 3 (Awful)

Whitbread- 5 (Looked to pass it to feet, bad mistake with the second goal)

Konchesky- 4 (Not his best)

Knockaert- 7 (Lively, wonderful free-kick)

James- 4 (Went missing more than King often is accused of doing)

Danns- 3 (Dominated by Burton's midfield)

Gallagher- 4 (Nothing of note)

Waghorn- 4 (Not progressing at all)

Schlupp- 4 (Should've had a penalty, contributed little else)

Kasper - 5 - Couldn't be blamed for any goals tbh, was let down by the defence. Anyone know who was the one that moved in the wall for their 1st goal? Poor distribution aswell

De Laet - 5 average

Whitbread - 5 - I like him, was good, until the 2nd goal...

St Ledger - 3 - His back-pass at the end said it all.

Konchesky - 3.5 - Another poor game, we need another Lb to give him competition

Gallagher - 2 - Hope he never plays in a leicester shirt again. I hate him, all the time he shouted for the ball from konch, what did he do? Pass it back.

James - 4 - didn't do alot, was let down by danns

Danns - 3 - shit, and told Kasper to **** off :(lol

Knockaert - 6.5 - Shows alot of passion for the game, cracking free kick, hope he starts saturday

Waghorn - 2 - Shocking, had 1 good attempt, should of gone off instead of schlupp. Not been the same since we brought him

Schlupp - 5 - Looked alright, was let down by waghorn, cracking save by their keeper for his shot early on..

Time to move to saturday, I can make 7 changes to the side, De Laet, Konch, Kasper are certain to start..... Knockaert deserves to keep his place, somehow can't see that happening though

Kasper - 6 Couldn't do much about the goals I suppose.

De Laet 7 - Thought he played well at times and showed enthusiasm coming forward.

St Ledger 6 - Don't think he played as bad as some people are making out.

Whitbread 5 - Looked good at times but looked poor a lot of the time but he hasn't played much.

Konchesky 5 - Bit below standard but did alright.

Gallagher 6 - Now how people are saying Gallagher was poor is really annoying me because IMO he was trying more than the rest of the team.

Danns 5 - Not his best performance, passing was very off.

James 4 - Didn't do a lot from what I can remember

Knockaert 6 - other than his free kick what did he actually do? I personally cannot see why people were saying he was by far the best player because he wasn't.

Schlupp 5 - Tried but having the partner he did no wonder he couldnt do much.

Waghorn 2 - other than a shot he was incredibly poor, cannot see why Pearson kept him on he shown nothing in my opinion.

SUBS:

Nugent 5 - Brought a bit of pace to the game but couldn't really change the poor performance

King 4 - Did he even come on?

Futacs 6 - Not the good man in the air I was told about he couldn't win anything (even Howard won more) but a great goal.

Kasper - 5 - Did nothing but pick the ball out of his net, more the fault of those in front of him and the officials than himself, though.

De Laet - 6 - Kept running and running. Emerged with credit.

SSL - 3 - Generous, benefit of the doubt given he didn't look match fit.

Whitbread - 4 - See SSL. Can tell he has class on the ball but needs sharpness. Bad error for their 2nd.

Konch - 4.5 - Not terrible but not a patch on the incredible standard he's set himself. Looked jaded.

Gallagher - 6 - Comes in for a lot of criticism, but kept the ball well, and kept play flowing when he could. Shirked a few challenges, but by the same token got stuck in. Set pieces mixed. Would've liked him to have stayed on.

James - 3 - Didn't notice him, in honesty. Neither here nor there.

Danns - 1 - I don't think I've seen such a sub-standard performance at CM since our relegation season. Touch, passing, tackling all well below standard. Missed a huge chance to claim a starting berth. I kept an eye on him for 15 minutes and he does nothing but hover in no man's land. No intent to do anything. Terrible.

Knockaert - 6.5 - Not as effective as he has been (mainly due to dire service to him) but moments of quality. Clearly wanted to keep battling and his celebration when he scored an absolute peach of a goal was terrific. Impossible to dislike the boy.

Waghorn - 3 - Tried his hardest but just doesn't offer any quality anymore, the gym has ruined him. Pace has gone.

Schlupp - 4 - There's something there, clearly. Needs to go out on loan - if Sheff Yoo are still interested we should let him go.

SUBS - Collective 5 - We were chasing shadows by the time the majority came on, lovely goal from Futacs but little else.

Was hideously worked up last night but have regained some calm. Certain players need to be moved on, I don't think this result will have any bearing on Saturday's result, but it does highlight a lack of squad depth (or depth of any quality, apart from on the wings, which was a weak point last season). I defended Danns tooth and nail last season when he wasn't producing but he offers so little, Waghorn has a brilliant work ethic but seems devoid of any talent now, Schlupp needs a loan.

Disappointing but hopefully the reality check a lot of egos needed. I'm looking at you, Neil and Sean.

Schmeichel - 4. Didn't make a save all game in my memory, that's not good enough.

De Laet - 5. Simply not good enough, two games in a row he's allowed the winger onto their right foot to score, although I think he was as shocked as everyone when he saw what Maghoma did. He did attack pretty well though but do think collectively people have been a bit generous with their ratings. Never a 6 or more.

St Ledger - 3. Appalling. Seriously unimpressive. Most over-rated player at the club.

Whitbread - 5. Sounds daft as he produced the worst defensive mistake of the lot, but I think bar that he wasn't as bad as everyone's made him out to be. Impressive distribution.

Konchesky - 5. Didn't convince me.

Knockaert - 7. Easily our best player, I'd love to see him start a few more games, he could be massive for us. He's got insane technique and his free-kick was quality. He's so far looking like the 100% ideal buy that I wanted on the wing.

James - 4. I've really not been impressed with him. Surprisingly poor ball retention and didn't get in the game.

Danns - 3. Hideous display. Him & James have pretty much booked King & Drinkwater's places on Saturday more than those pair did themselves. Laughable first touch and horrendous passing.

Gallagher - 4. Dear oh dear.

Waghorn - 3. Out of his depth even against a League Two opposition. The bloke's shocking.

Schlupp - 5. Didn't think he was awful but not great either.

Subs; Ineffective although I'll hand Futacs a 6, did seem to make a difference when he came on and his goal was quality.

Collectively - 0/10. Literally a zero. The worst, most laughable result I've ever experienced.

Archived