Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DifferentViewOnFootball

Danns

Yes bless him...

That makes all the difference to me.

Perhaps he can also split his what? 10k per week 8 thousand ways and give all of the suffering crowd a little financial remuneration?

:thumbup:

Its more than any of the other of the shite from last night has done.

Poor game last night, but generally a decent player. Can't think many came out with flying colours though/ What is disappointing is that a number of players could have given Pearson a real headache regarding selection, but alas did nothing to push for a starting place (Knockaert apart)

I'm with Large Al on this one and how often does that happen?

Danns was about as useful as a cullinder for a condom. i thought he'd been put in the middle as a rebound wall cos the ball bounced off him so far, and I don't think he could have passed the salt accurately for most of the night.

Not that he was the worst. But in terms of marks, I gave him "scorch" cos he was shit.

Danns at his best is energetic and determined. But like our team against Burton he wasn't at his best. In fact he was mostly second best to whatever Burton had around him at the time.

Of course he was rusty and there was so much rust about the Leicester side it reminded me of the footballing equivalent of Frank Berry's scrapyard cos next-to-nothing worked and we weren't going anywhere.

Danns can come again if Pearson will let him but i wouldn't bank on it. Tuesday's collective performance will take a lot of forgiving.

Well Pearson may not rate him as, lest we forget, Danns was one of Sven's signings last summer, albeit one of the better ones I thought. However going by the most recent of his performances then it's perhaps not surprising that Danns just been a bench warmer so far! It possibly doesn't do such a player's confidence the world of good though when continually overlooked for whatever reason so maybe he needs a run in the team to rediscover his best moments from last season, ones that were pretty few and far between - although he was in good company.

Awful, ideal game for him to boss too

Agreed. As soon as i seen the teamsheet i imagined him bossing it with Matty James working hard in and out of possession.

In reality, they looked all over the place, rarely put a pass together and when they did they were out of the Matt Oakley school of sideways or backwards.

Gallagher though. He was in a different league of awfulness.

He is a decent midfielder who runs about a lot and has a good shot on him and bags of energy. Apart from that, he's nothing special really. Passing is average at best.

This although you've been generous about his passing.

I don't think he's bad. I think he's pretty average and I don't see why so many of our fans go mental over him. When we signed him I really did think we'd landed the missing piece to our midfield but we simply didn't.

He's a very hard worker, I'll give him that. I can't fault his attitude on the pitch.

But technically, not good enough. His passing, for a central midfielder, is absolutely appalling, literally every single midfielder we have pisses on him for it, midfielders are generally your best passers but I honestly think Danns is one of the worst ball-retainers in our squad, this is his major weakness.

However, he can win the ball, he's got a knack of scoring (like King, but not as good) and tieing in with what I just said, he's got a pretty good shot on him and he is pretty energetic.

On the whole I think for a promotion chasing side he's in the right place - the bench. He's a decent option to have but I'm not sure I'd start him. Drinkwater/King look our absolute nailed on pairing at the minute, they've arguably been our best players along with Vardy.

This although you've been generous about his passing.

I don't think he's bad. I think he's pretty average and I don't see why so many of our fans go mental over him. When we signed him I really did think we'd landed the missing piece to our midfield but we simply didn't.

He's a very hard worker, I'll give him that. I can't fault his attitude on the pitch.

But technically, not good enough. His passing, for a central midfielder, is absolutely appalling, literally every single midfielder we have pisses on him for it, midfielders are generally your best passers but I honestly think Danns is one of the worst ball-retainers in our squad, this is his major weakness.

However, he can win the ball, he's got a knack of scoring (like King, but not as good) and tieing in with what I just said, he's got a pretty good shot on him and he is pretty energetic.

On the whole I think for a promotion chasing side he's in the right place - the bench. He's a decent option to have but I'm not sure I'd start him. Drinkwater/King look our absolute nailed on pairing at the minute, they've arguably been our best players along with Vardy.

This......spot on IMO

The thing that I don’t understand about Danns, is that he was easily Crystal Palaces best player by a country mile before he came to us. I don’t think I’ve seen a single performance to suggest that he's even slightly close to archiving that with us. He doesn’t look like a player who was once a star player for a rival team.

I do think he’s a decent player, but I don’t understand the love in he got at crystal palace at all.

The thing that I don’t understand about Danns, is that he was easily Crystal Palaces best player by a country mile before he came to us. I don’t think I’ve seen a single performance to suggest that he's even slightly close to archiving that with us. He doesn’t look like a player who was once a star player for a rival team.

I do think he’s a decent player, but I don’t understand the love in he got at crystal palace at all.

big fish, small pond syndrome? Where the whole team was geared up around him being dynamic

I dunno, I think he's looked good for us a reasonable number of times but he's not first 11 standard at the moment.

I thought his last few games before his injury for us (around feb/march last season) he was superb. I actually thought that he would be our main midfielder and like a new signing. i cannot say how disapointed I am by his performance against Burton, he played like a headless chicken and with nil panache or vision.

Very frustrating for city supporters to see Danns ruin a great opportunity to get back in the starting line-up. He was particularly poor on Tuesday. I feel Danns is our best defensive midfield player but he's never really been given this role over a sustained period. As someone else mentioned, he was terrific at Crystal Palace as a DM and I remember commenting after we played them at home the other season that he was the best player I had seen in that role in the Championship by some distance. Pearson doesn't see him in this role - which I think is part of the problem.

We didn't need to sign Matty James to be honest - we already had enough good players in central midfield (AK is a great addition for a creative wide player) . . and for the record nor did we need Vardy. Without knowing what James was all about, I had presumed that he'd been brought in because King was being shipped out - which on the evidence of the previous 18 months would have been completely justified.

What we needed was to sort out our defence. We offloaded the correct defenders from the squad but should have assigned almost all our available budget on 2 quality centre backs IMO (Morgan is good too - don't get me wrong). Having such a base including the likes of Konchesky, with Danns as the holding player would have given us just the type of solid foundation that NP normally makes a priority. Obviously Peltier's forecasted departure enabled us to buy De Laet early in the summer, but that apart, it just feels really odd that NP has appeared to fudge this important facet of the team building during the summer. Like I mentioned, Danns, for me, should be an integral part of the defensive element of the team.

Archived