Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JackBerrisford

Sven spotted at Bangkok airport.

Alright lads new to this forum so don't shoot me down but Sven spotted by a friend at the Bangkok airport today in one of the lounges by him. He's got a picture with him too! I know sousa is still an advisor to the Thai's I wonder if sven was having any sort of meetings with the owners in bangkok?

It would sum this club up to sack pearson and get sven back in we would be a laughing stock!

On a side note, I'd welcome Sven back.... never thought he was given a chance at the club. I think if we had stuck with him last season we would have finished in the top 6. He never made a bad signing whilst he was here and honestly reckon the club would be in a better position had he not been sacked

On a side note, I'd welcome Sven back.... never thought he was given a chance at the club. I think if we had stuck with him last season we would have finished in the top 6. He never made a bad signing whilst he was here and honestly reckon the club would be in a better position had he not been sacked

3175896.png

agree with all that apart from he never made a bad signing.... although all managers make bad signings look at MON with Fenton and Ferguson with Kleberson, Bebe, Djemba Djemba.

Yeah only messing.... The signing of Matt Mills comes a close second to Ade Akinbiyi in the worst signings of all time. Also cannot understand the glorification of LLoyd Dyer... Yes he has great pace and can beat a man but given the fact that he has no right foot, it renders him pretty useless when he cuts inside.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9027063/Sven-Goran-Eriksson-wanted-to-live-in-Thailand-with-two-women-says-Didi-Hamann.html

Sven-Goran Eriksson 'wanted to live in Thailand with two women', says Didi Hamann

Sven-Goran Eriksson has been compared to "Swedish James Bond" by Dietmarr Hamann.

sve_2115111b.jpg

Image 1 of 2

Bon viveur: Didi Hamann says Sven-Goran Eriksson appreciated the finer things in life Photo: REX FEATURES

didi_hamann_2114729b.jpg

Image 1 of 2

German bite: Dietmar Hamann's gambling habit once cose him £288,400 on a single bet Photo: GETTY IMAGES

6:52AM GMT 20 Jan 2012

comments.gif14 Comments

Writing in his autobiography The Didi Man, which is being serialised in the Daily Mirror, Hamann paints an portrait of former City and England manager Eriksson, whose "charm and sophistication" impressed the German.

Recalling a pre-season trip to Thailand, Hamann writes: "One morning when I was on a sun lounger by the pool, he walked towards me with a bottle of champagne and two glasses on it. It was still only 10 in the morning. I looked up and said, ‘Boss, what are we celebrating?’ expecting him to make the triumphant announcement he was staying.

"He turned to me and smiled that gentle smile of his and took the air of a Buddhist philosopher, as he said, ‘Life, Kaiser. We are celebrating life’. With a glass of champagne in hand he stood and looked out towards the horizon, then spoke in that higgledy-piggledy Swedish accent: ‘You know Kaiser, I like this place. I think I will manage for another five years and come back here and live with two women. Yes. I think I need two beautiful women.’

"He was a man who loved life and it was impossible not to like him and love being in his company."

Hamann covers darker ground in the forthcoming book, revealing how he had taken up spread betting as a distraction from problems in his personal life, but suffered the massive loss on a cricket match between Australia and South Africa.

Guest MattP

Is it wrong I thought the most interesting thing I want to read about in that book was how a German ends up losing a quarter of a million on Australia v South Africa?

Archived