Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Churchill

Team of the last 5 years take 2!

Best;

Schmeichel

Naughton - Morgan - Hobbs - Berner

Marshall - King - Davies - Dyer

Fryatt - Yakubu

Dyer because he's about the only one who's played there in them years, the rest I feel are justified, Morgan's looking exceptional at the minute.

Worst;

Ikeme

Neilson - Mills - Bruce - McGivern

Bori - Ajdarevic - Johnson- Laczko

Cort - Bednar

Players that nearly made that; Edworthy, Bruma, Van Aanholt, Waghorn.

Best;

Schmeichel

Fryatt - Yakubu

Dyer because he's about the only one who's played there in them years, the rest I feel are justified, Morgan's looking exceptional at the minute.

Worst;

Ikeme

Cort - Bednar

Pretty much agree with both of these.

He had a shocker first game IIRC, but improved after that, seem to remember us wanting to sign him permanently, so he can't have been that bad.

Yeah I think the judgment on him's been clouded, didn't help conceding the penalty in the play-offs as well (although that was never a pen!). My memory is he was generally pretty solid.

That's the thing, who was a lot worse? I thought he was made to look worse by a solid defence around him.

I agree it's pretty harsh on him but I'm genuinely struggling to think who was worse. Moreno's not a bad shout but he's yet another who I honestly didn't think was so bad, he was out of position, I reckon in a 4-3-3 passing team in holding mid he'd have actually been decent for us.

But I guess he was worse at centre half than Bruce was so I'd probably agree and put him in there.

Best;

Schmeichel

Fryatt - Yakubu

Worst;

Ikeme

Cort - Bednar

Spot on!

That's the thing, who was a lot worse? I thought he was made to look worse by a solid defence around him.

I agree it's pretty harsh on him but I'm genuinely struggling to think who was worse. Moreno's not a bad shout but he's yet another who I honestly didn't think was so bad, he was out of position, I reckon in a 4-3-3 passing team in holding mid he'd have actually been decent for us.

But I guess he was worse at centre half than Bruce was so I'd probably agree and put him in there.

Yeh I felt a bit sorry for Moreno, he definitely would have been a better player in midfield. Likewise Bruma - he was a better player than Bruce but as a centre back I thought he was hopeless.

Archived