Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Churchill

Team of the last 5 years take 2!

Ikeme

Lamey

McCarthy

McGivern

Clapham

Laczko

Worley

Jarrett

Low

Bori

Kermorgant

The striker was difficult. Fryatt scored very well over two seasons, Howard contributed for a year, Nugent was excellent last year, Beckford scored 15 altogether, Yakubu 1 in 2. Kermorgant only got 1 in 20-odd games so I could only think of him.

Ikeme

Lamey

McCarthy

McGivern

Clapham

Laczko

Worley

Jarrett

Low

Bori

Kermorgant

The striker was difficult. Fryatt scored very well over two seasons, Howard contributed for a year, Nugent was excellent last year, Beckford scored 15 altogether, Yakubu 1 in 2. Kermorgant only got 1 in 20-odd games so I could only think of him.

Oh now come on! I thought we had established that I was right, that he is in fact decent, after his record at Charlton and his game against us :P

I assume the last 5 years included Horsefield, Cort, Bednar etc

Oh now come on! I thought we had established that I was right, that he is in fact decent, after his record at Charlton and his game against us :P

Those two definitely. Cort was the worst for me.

I can't really think! Hence they were that bad. There will be worse players, but I'd probably go with something like;

Ikeme

Makin -- Heath -- Worley -- Clapham

Hamill -- Low -- Jarrett -- Sylla

De Vries -- Cort

I don't think Kermogrant was/is a bad player. Yes he missed a penalty, but his target man ability was good. Also, Hayles, he was good in my opinion. Never forget Barnsley away (sat behind the goal) when the defender couldn't get past him, and Hume scored. He tried his best and was decent, certianly not as bad as De Vries/Hammond/Cort.

Looking again, I think I've got dates mixed up.

:angry:

:thumbdown: Do not ever insult Sir Barry Hayles

I'll insult who I want, when I want, he was crap for us, really really crap, I remember one game against Palace I think, he was awful, I was slagging him off all game, and I am not normally that kind of fan, then he scored the winner with a ricochet off his shin from a defensive clearance.

I just laughed at how shit he was.

That was his last goal for us, despite making 11 appearances in league 1.

You can stick your ironic idolatry up your arses.

Two_Middle_Finger.png

Did you not go to Oakwell when he muscled their defence off of the ball, barged his way through and Hume finished it... Hayles tried and he wasn't as poor as Hammond/De Vries/Cort etc

What a legend! Poor judgment on our part.

No.

Did you not go to Oakwell when he muscled their defence off of the ball, barged his way through and Hume finished it... Hayles tried and he wasn't as poor as Hammond/De Vries/Cort etc

No.

I went to Millwall in league one where he came off the bench and immediately stepovered his way past about 4 players. The crowd went wild lol

Ok, I'll accept Bednar as the striker. I tried hard to think of poor, low-scoring players, but not hard enough.

Ikeme

Neilson

Mills

Bruce

McGivern

N'Guessan

Verma

Oakley

DJ Campbell

Kermorgant

Bednar

That's pretty shit, slow and physical strike partnership, two lazy wingers who couldn't be arsed, along with an horrific central midfield partnership, worst left-back in club history, two hoof ball centre backs, a paedo looking right-back and a goalkeeper who can't kick straight.

Ikeme

Neilson

Mills

Bruce

McGivern

N'Guessan

Verma

Oakley

DJ Campbell

Kermorgant

Bednar

That's pretty shit, slow and physical strike partnership, two lazy wingers who couldn't be arsed, along with an horrific central midfield partnership, worst left-back in club history, two hoof ball centre backs, a paedo looking right-back and a goalkeeper who can't kick straight.

Oakley? Really?

GK Kirkland - did he actually save a shot during his spell? Just beats Rab Douglas

RB Nielson - always tried but slow and not so steady

LB McGivern - still don't know how he's a footballer. So many goals attibutable to him

CB Mills - so much expected, so little delivered. Hated him being captain

CB Moreno - really not suited to English football. Seemed like a coup at the time!

RM Matt Oakley - really disliked him. Was ok in League One but before and after just a waste of space

LM Astrit Adjarevic - Leicester's David May. Right at the centre of celebrations in Southend. Embarassing.

CM Michael Johnson - overweight, expensive waste of space. Disgrace.

CM Harry Worley - because he is a central midfielder right?

CF Roman Bednar - slow, lumbering, no effort. Was excited when we got him in...

CF Elvis Hammond - still probably won't score many in prison football

Manager: Gary Megson - God the football was boring. In many ways I'd rather get relegated than watch what he began to serve up.

i forgot about Hayles doing that at Barnsley! I agree with the rest what you put too, Hayles was poor but there have been poorer.

Also surprised to have seen DNGs name mentioned. He scored a few important goals and was ok for us when he played, never deserves to be mentioned along side a lot of the other names on here.

Bednar for worst striker. Remember fans booing him at millwall away because he was so shit an put in no effort.

And Kirkland in goal. Was bloody awful. Also remember fans cheering at half time when it was announced he'd gone off and Weale had come on!

Looking at the full backs - take your pick. Nobody's even mentioned PVA who's got out of jail because McGivern was so hopeless, but I don't think he was that much better. Not even mentioning the villain Mattock, who got shown up in league one. Stearman couldn't find a blue shirt to save his life when he played at right back and Peltier has got to have the worst positioning I've ever seen but Lamey and Neilson made those 2 look like Carlos Alberto. I also thought Kerea Gilbert was quite poor.

Archived