Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
undey

Liam Moore

Just a note after watching today's game, I think Nigel should look to bring in St. Ledger or Whitbread (if fit) for Moore for the next game! Yes he looks like a great star for the future but surely at his age he is still developing and as we saw today he almost scored an og and gave the ball away which gave them the corner to score from! If Nigel is looking to give him experience then it shouldn't be in our side looking to get promoted, that's what league 1 is for.. also many fans saying some of our players aren't up to it so could you recommend and player or position we could bring a loan player in to strengthen that area?

Just a note after watching today's game, I think Nigel should look to bring in St. Ledger or Whitbread (if fit) for Moore for the next game! Yes he looks like a great star for the future but surely at his age he is still developing and as we saw today he almost scored an og and gave the ball away which gave them the corner to score from! If Nigel is looking to give him experience then it shouldn't be in our side looking to get promoted, that's what league 1 is for.. also many fans saying some of our players aren't up to it so could you recommend and player or position we could bring a loan player in to strengthen that area?

I think Moore has done alright, you can't slate a defender for playing safe and giving away a corner. He wasn't the one who lost his marker. Konch was for the freekick they scored and de leat was for the corner. Moore isn't the issue at the back. Konch is great at tracking back and getting forward as is De leat but unfortunately they are both very short and that often leads to a domination of height from set pieces by the opposition. We need one of the sides to be taller so we only have one short full back rather than two or a midfielder who is tall to cover while the shorter players go on the posts.

I think Moore has done alright, you can't slate a defender for playing safe and giving away a corner. He wasn't the one who lost his marker. Konch was for the freekick they scored and de leat was for the corner. Moore isn't the issue at the back. Konch is great at tracking back and getting forward as is De leat but unfortunately they are both very short and that often leads to a domination of height from set pieces by the opposition. We need one of the sides to be taller so we only have one short full back rather than two or a midfielder who is tall to cover while the shorter players go on the posts.

He didn't play it safe for a corner he played it straight to a Wolves player (Doyle?) who's subsequent shot was pushed out for a corner which they scored from. Having said that even the most experienced players will make the occasional mistake, his distribution is generally better than Morgan who himself was caught with the ball a few times.

Any criticism of Moore is churlish in the extreme. He is being asked to play out of position and learn his trade as he goes. Every game is a new experience and he's bound to make the odd mistake along the way, as long as he learns from these mistakes he'll not go far wrong.

Can we afford the "odd mistake" though? When it costs us points?

De Laet is about 6'1 making him one of the tallest players in our starting 11, only Morgan, Whitbread, Schmeichel, Beckford and Futacs bigger than him

He's one who shouldn't be dropped. We can't go making wholesale changes (cliche phrase, I know). The only players to be dropped for Wednesday are Nugent and Dyer.

No need to drop Moore unless it's because of injury. He and Morgan are forming a solid partnership and Moore does not deserve to be dropped. He didn't even play that badly today I thought. It helps that Morgan is playing alongside him as I don't think there are many players who he could learn more off. Morgan is being a fantastic role model for Moore as well as being a solid captain.

As for saying he was at fault for the goal, totally wrong. Yes he gave away the ball, BUT shouldn't we learn to defend from corners properly in the first place? RDL left Stearman in acres of space. You can't apportion blame on Moore for their second goal. That's just clutching at straws to justify your point of dropping him.

Can we afford the "odd mistake" though? When it costs us points?

Not really but do you drop a player for making one mistake that leads to a goal but keep playing others who might make more mistake but get lucky when no one scores from them. Every player on the pitch messed up at least once today we can't drop them all.

It's very hard to criticise Moore for mistakes he made today when the experienced players around him are making their share. You can't expect a youngster to be faultless when the older heads around are looking nervous and making needless errors.

Unfair to knock Moore, it's the managers job to make decisions on who plays.

NP got it wrong!

SSL should of started against Doyle.

Morgan seems to be overlooked for any blame too but he couldnt cope with Doyle and EB either.

But don't worry we have Zac the crock ready to come in.

The ding dong at the ting tong awaits as NPs time is running out, bad signings and bad tactics.

Any criticism of Moore is churlish in the extreme. He is being asked to play out of position and learn his trade as he goes. Every game is a new experience and he's bound to make the odd mistake along the way, as long as he learns from these mistakes he'll not go far wrong.

Why is he being played out of position though. We have De Laet at right back who is older, more experienced and I've seen play centre back for Norwich in the Premier League. We also have a fit again St Ledger on the bench. Being a youngster out position might be his excuse for making the odd mistake, but with other options now available, what's Pearson's justification in picking him out of position?

Why is he being played out of position though. We have De Laet at right back who is older, more experienced and I've seen play centre back for Norwich in the Premier League. We also have a fit again St Ledger on the bench. Being a youngster out position might be his excuse for making the odd mistake, but with other options now available, what's Pearson's justification in picking him out of position?

Good question. Now that SSL is fit, Moore should either play in his proper position as right-back or not at all.

With the squad we have, there should be no need to put a square peg in a round hole, especially against a quality strike duo like Ebanks-Blake and Doyle.

I assume the thinking was that SSL and Whitbread would return to fitness soon enough so lets keep our first choice full back in his strongest position so he can bed in to the side whilst Moore covers. Moore then exceeded expectations and quite understandably Pearson believes a position is yours to lose. Whitbread and SSL played in the cup and put in a display which many feel was substandard so Moore stayed in the side.

We didn't lose because of Moore's performance, we lost due to experienced defenders who have been capped at full level failing to do their jobs.

Could not disagree more with you kitchandro youth players need the experience and to come through with are senior players I'm sure I'f you had it your way u would have players hear with big names on big wages look what happend with sven!

But we can't afford to wait for them to be up to the required standard. I'm not asking them to be perfect but they shouldn't out of their depth like Moore did today and to a lesser extent against Blackpool.

Archived