Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
undey

Liam Moore

I assume the thinking was that SSL and Whitbread would return to fitness soon enough so lets keep our first choice full back in his strongest position so he can bed in to the side whilst Moore covers. Moore then exceeded expectations and quite understandably Pearson believes a position is yours to lose. Whitbread and SSL played in the cup and put in a display which many feel was substandard so Moore stayed in the side.

We didn't lose because of Moore's performance, we lost due to experienced defenders who have been capped at full level failing to do their jobs.

Both SSL and Whitbread where coming back from injuries against Burton, neither had had much of a pre-season. I know it was "only Burton" but they need game time to get up to speed too, just like the rest had. We have kept one clean sheet all season, and every time you don't keep one there is room for improvement at the back. If we'd conceded the odd goal now and then fair enough, but we are conceded pretty much 2 a game and it's costing us points. Of course Moore is exceeding expectations, he's a 19 year old right back playing centre back, but you could start me there and say because I didn't get outpaced and beaten in the air every time and I didn't score 5 OG's that I exceeded expectation, but that doesn't mean I'm good enough to start the next game does it. He's not been totally woeful but to me he looks a little lost in there at times. It might be harsh to dropped the lad, but if that's the case, for gods sake stick him at right back and put SSL in the middle. I've not been overly impressed with De Laet so might as well give Moore a run in his actual position and play a centre back at centre back.

square-peg-broken-in-round-hole.jpg

Doesn't go does it.

Think Moore has been good for us so far this season and no-one in the team really covered themselves in glory today. Thought the full backs were the weakest part of our defence today. I can understand people making a case for Moore at RB and Whitbred in the centre.

Moore is still young, generally played right back for us before last season and was asked to do a job at centre half.

Threw in the mix, and ok he has a good partner in Morgan, but he has been good for us. Played as well as other players have, certainly. Ok, Pearson might want to bring in Whitbread or St Ledger, but Moore has done well so far and it hasn't hurt his progress playing at this level.

Both SSL and Whitbread where coming back from injuries against Burton, neither had had much of a pre-season. I know it was "only Burton" but they need game time to get up to speed too, just like the rest had. We have kept one clean sheet all season, and every time you don't keep one there is room for improvement at the back. If we'd conceded the odd goal now and then fair enough, but we are conceded pretty much 2 a game and it's costing us points. Of course Moore is exceeding expectations, he's a 19 year old right back playing centre back, but you could start me there and say because I didn't get outpaced and beaten in the air every time and I didn't score 5 OG's that I exceeded expectation, but that doesn't mean I'm good enough to start the next game does it. He's not been totally woeful but to me he looks a little lost in there at times. It might be harsh to dropped the lad, but if that's the case, for gods sake stick him at right back and put SSL in the middle. I've not been overly impressed with De Laet so might as well give Moore a run in his actual position and play a centre back at centre back.

square-peg-broken-in-round-hole.jpg

Doesn't go does it.

But until Burton the CB's were injured and then they played and were pretty pony. We then played Blackpool, kept a clean sheet and won, hardly grounds for dropping Moore.

But until Burton the CB's were injured and then they played and were pretty pony. We then played Blackpool, kept a clean sheet and won, hardly grounds for dropping Moore.

Both SSL and Whitbread where coming back from injuries against Burton, neither had had much of a pre-season. I know it was "only Burton" but they need game time to get up to speed too, just like the rest had.

Was I talking to myself? We kept a clean sheet v Blackpool, but I think that was more down to them not taking chance as a opposed to us not giving them chances. At the end of the day he's a right back not a centre back, he adequate in that position, but he's not championship class in that position. I wouldn't be overly worried if we HAD to play him in there again, but the fact of the matter is we don't HAVE to any more. We have experienced international footballer available in that position now.

Mills, Bamba, SSL...

And now Moore's the current centre back under close scrutiny.

Told you so...

:thumbup:

Who's partnered them all?

Morgan!

Solution drop Morgan :thumbup:

Who's partnered them all?

Morgan!

Solution drop Morgan :thumbup:

Alternative solution...

Look at how we defend/don't defend as a collective.

Even Nige said this after the game.

A midfield which gives the defence more support via an alternative formation away from home may be a start?

Alternative solution...

Look at how we defend/don't defend as a collective.

Even Nige said this after the game.

A midfield which gives the defence more support via an alternative formation away from home may be a start?

Don't think the midfield had any blame in today's conceded goals.

Can't believe what I'm reading here from some people how on earth can any1 single out Liam Moore for today's performance there were many others on that pitch today who had a lot worse game than he did!! He did make a couple of mistakes but on the scale of things they were quite minor compared from some things Iv seen this year from more senior players .

Don't know why Moore is shouldering the blame. You need to look at two other players first. Konch - you can't give attackers 3 yards in the box from a decent free kick. De Laet, you can't stand and watch somebody kick it in from 7 yards.

I've not been overly impressed with De Laet, but as that seems to be the case with most people, why not put Moore in his actual position of right back, drop De Laet and start SSL at centre back.

He's young if we go about dropping him for one mistake it'll ruin his confidence, if your on about dropping people for a mistake we'll be fielding a new team every week, no players are perfect, while moore is still young he is still learning his trade and developing into one heck of a defender, he was up against 2 tough forwards today and i thought he played well, well the second half he did, first he looked a little slow, but played much better than Delaet at RB

He's young if we go about dropping him for one mistake it'll ruin his confidence, if your on about dropping people for a mistake we'll be fielding a new team every week, no players are perfect, while moore is still young he is still learning his trade and developing into one heck of a defender, he was up against 2 tough forwards today and i thought he played well, well the second half he did, first he looked a little slow, but played much better than Delaet at RB

And guess what Moore's actual position is? You guessed it RB!!!!! So play him there and drop De Laet, not rocket science is it.

I thought Moore was poor and unceratain in everything he did in the first half, Second half, he was fine, dealing effectively with the limited Wolves threat. However, I think he could do a better job defensively than RDL - if any changes are made I'd bring in SSL or Whitbread in central defence a nd move Moore to right back.

I wonder if RDL would be better in midfield?

Archived