Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Nugent's 1st Hat-trick

Merc

Leicester City striker David Nugent scored the first hat-trick of his 11-year career and then praised his team-mates last night.

It was his second goal-scoring landmark in five days week after reaching 100 career goals with his strike against Burnley in midweek.

• ​4160043.jpg

The milestone against Hull in yesterday's 3-1 win was much more impressive.

The first hat-trick of his career was also the 'perfect' treble – he hit the target with left and right foot, split by a header as City banked three vital points.

"It's my first-ever hat-trick," said Nugent after claiming the match ball.

"It has been a long time waiting for it. I've had a few doubles but never a hat-trick. I've waited nearly 11 years but, hopefully, now I will go on and score a few more goals."

Although Nugent stole many of the plaudits yesterday with his crisp finishing, he was quick to point to the work throughout the City side which brought them three important points from a highly-entertaining game.

"It was a good team effort and I thank my team-mates for that," said Nugent. "Everyone played well. The defence was solid and the midfield closed Hull down.

"We tried our best up front to put their three centre-backs under pressure."

He also had words of praise – and encouragement – for colleagues Anthony Knockaert and Jamie Vardy, the former proving a key player in City's impressive attacking display, while the latter could easily have found the net on a couple of occasions.

"Anthony has come into the side and played really well," said Nugent. "He is a box of tricks and creates chances for the forwards.

"Jamie works hard for the team and never stops running – he was unlucky not to score (against Hull). I'm sure that if he keeps getting those chances he will put them away and start scoring goals."

Hull keeper Ben Amos was all that stood in Vardy's way yesterday, Knockaert having twice played in the former Fleetwood striker with beautifully weighted passes only for Amos to produce outstanding saves.

The overall impression, though, was hugely encouraging for the City fans. With Nugent having ended a barren spell and now hitting the net freely, Leicester possess a genuine cutting edge.

Not only that, Nugent and Vardy are also beginning to forge a partnership which is as hard-working as it is threatening.

Out celebrating

pearsonlandermkII.gif

Were you actually watching the game?

Or on twitter at the time?

lol

Of course I was silly... but for the first one I was sat in SK4. So all I saw was a wall of bodies and the then all of a sudden Vardy was through on goal. The second one I did see, so as I said I didn't know he set the two of them up.

Merc

Leicester City striker David Nugent scored the first hat-trick of his 11-year career and then praised his team-mates last night.

It was his second goal-scoring landmark in five days week after reaching 100 career goals with his strike against Burnley in midweek.

• ​4160043.jpg

The milestone against Hull in yesterday's 3-1 win was much more impressive.

The first hat-trick of his career was also the 'perfect' treble – he hit the target with left and right foot, split by a header as City banked three vital points.

"It's my first-ever hat-trick," said Nugent after claiming the match ball.

"It has been a long time waiting for it. I've had a few doubles but never a hat-trick. I've waited nearly 11 years but, hopefully, now I will go on and score a few more goals."

Although Nugent stole many of the plaudits yesterday with his crisp finishing, he was quick to point to the work throughout the City side which brought them three important points from a highly-entertaining game.

"It was a good team effort and I thank my team-mates for that," said Nugent. "Everyone played well. The defence was solid and the midfield closed Hull down.

"We tried our best up front to put their three centre-backs under pressure."

He also had words of praise – and encouragement – for colleagues Anthony Knockaert and Jamie Vardy, the former proving a key player in City's impressive attacking display, while the latter could easily have found the net on a couple of occasions.

"Anthony has come into the side and played really well," said Nugent. "He is a box of tricks and creates chances for the forwards.

"Jamie works hard for the team and never stops running – he was unlucky not to score (against Hull). I'm sure that if he keeps getting those chances he will put them away and start scoring goals."

Hull keeper Ben Amos was all that stood in Vardy's way yesterday, Knockaert having twice played in the former Fleetwood striker with beautifully weighted passes only for Amos to produce outstanding saves.

The overall impression, though, was hugely encouraging for the City fans. With Nugent having ended a barren spell and now hitting the net freely, Leicester possess a genuine cutting edge.

Not only that, Nugent and Vardy are also beginning to forge a partnership which is as hard-working as it is threatening.

Out celebrating

pearsonlandermkII.gif

Love the video, first one like this I've seen other than Nige doing the dance in his suit!

Archived