Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vardinhio

My signature....

You will see my signature has stayed exactly the same since our relegation from the Premiership. It has really made me realise what a dark time we have had as City fans. I point to a few key factors:

a) Manager turnover - We kicked/forced our decent ones out and employed some absolute class clowns

b) Player turnover - We have signed some absolute dross for both nothing and for millions and millions of GBP

I am really hoping that we stick with Nigel for the foreseeable come what may (to an extent) and that we actually give some members of this squad the opportunity to become "heroes" again like we did to squads in years gone by. However, part of me does feel that the modern day player is different to that of even 10 years ago. Do players even want to become heroes of the fans? If they do does modern day football "business" financially even allow it? Or do they just want to earn as much as they can?

I hope one day I can change my signature and some of the squad will have taken their chance.

"Players now have the chance to become the new superstars of LCFC.

Let's hope they take it!" - Is this not showing up? haha

I disagree, I don't think players do have the chance now. As football currently exists I find it hard to imagine that any of our current crop will be with us in 5 years. The days of clubs sticking with players seem to be behind us as clubs push and push and push as high as they dare. I understand it is all for good reason but it is a touch sad that despite our decent current form and high aspirations the reality is if I take a trip to the King Power in 4-5 years I doubt if any of these current bunch will even be here. There was a time when things were different.

Archived